Jacques Mertens-Goossens

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Jacques Mertens-Goossens

Post by BB Sig »

Thanks Jeff!

Netpackrat
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Netpackrat »

Sorry I missed this until now, hoping for a full and speedy recovery for Jacques.

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

Jeff wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:36 pm All, I just spoke with Susan. Jacques surgery went really well for him this morning. He is already out of recovery and returned home around lunch today. Susan said he has some really tough days ahead trying to get back to where he will be able to walk. I will update everyone every few days until Jacques is back able to communicate with all of you on the Forum. Jeff
Thanks for the update, we'll continue to keep him in our prayers for a speedy recovery.
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Thanks Jeff.
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Thanks Jeff give him and Susan my best regards, I know how long it took me for one hip. Now hunt and pecking with only one arm. Tom Wolery
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Rover1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rover1 »

Thanks Jeff, that's great news!

dalnilo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dalnilo »

I'm sorry for what happened to you.
I hope for a good recovery.

Bartman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bartman »

Jacques,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and for a speedy recovery. I don't know the extent of the break but my son broke his femur in the spring and had a rod installed. It took a few months but he's very close to 100%. I'm sure you will get there. Patience and rehab are my only advise.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Thanks everybody, I am back at my desk.

Yes, I slipped and fell, not the 1st fall in my life but this was a brutal one. My leg bent a very bad angle and I ruptured all my quadriceps tendons and dislocated some bones.
I don't want to annoy you with details but the surgery entailed drilling through my knee caps and pull some wires to reattach the tendons.
I will not be able to bend my knee for about two months but I can walk a little at a time, sit at the computer and answer questions.
Sorry about the questions I missed but I didn't want to post on the forum while on strong pain killers. I'll try to catch up.

Thanks everybody for the recovery wishes and prayers.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

jacquesmm wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:01 pm Thanks everybody, I am back at my desk.

Yes, I slipped and fell, not the 1st fall in my life but this was a brutal one. My leg bent a very bad angle and I ruptured all my quadriceps tendons and dislocated some bones.
I don't want to annoy you with details but the surgery entailed drilling through my knee caps and pull some wires to reattach the tendons.
I will not be able to bend my knee for about two months but I can walk a little at a time, sit at the computer and answer questions.
Sorry about the questions I missed but I didn't want to post on the forum while on strong pain killers. I'll try to catch up.

Thanks everybody for the recovery wishes and prayers.
Glad you're on the mend and I wish you a full recovery JM!
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain