LB26

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: LB26

Post by fallguy1000 »

Hope you have some good equipment and the glue work was pretty cleanly done.

Maybe a little balloons in there would have been better; not sure.

Good luck sanding. It can be rough.

Remember to use the bulldozer method. Work from worst to least, otherwise, you'll cut too much foam.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

les2021
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by les2021 »

Thanks Dan

Due to my lousy back I splashed out on an electric Flexisander it is brilliant. I have already fair a section and it works really good.

If you watch the olympics later you will see me in the final of the Resin pipping contest..... The bonding has gone well but very hot and boring....

This heat wave is due to last another week !!!

Cheers

Les

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Wise move. The torture board might give me an early death. Mris, injections, pt, surgeon says, your back is not good, but until you start having extremity numbness, I won't be operating on it because none of the issues are super bad. Just that you have so many small issues they are compounding. So I am on a drugs for pain regimen. 3-4 days with only a couple doses. Can't imagine working in a boatyard ft.

Just so you know, I really hate abranet....if that's what they sold you. It loses edge way too fast.

I recommend finding a regular hook n loop paper like festoool. I got a lot more sanding from them. Epoxy and two part paints are so hard.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

les2021
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by les2021 »

Cheers Dan

I fly back to the UK on Saturday to have two procedures on my back. I am having 4 radio frequency injections ( where they try and kill the nerve endings ) and then a hole drilled in my spine on one of the joints to release some fluid build up around the arthritis in the joint. All good fun....
I have been advise not to have an operation until it is the last resort.

The joys of working in construction for 37 years and getting old !!!!

Cheers

Les

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

I am loving watching this build! The lines are marvellous.
I hate to hear about the back issues. At this point in life I am well aware how they can effect all you do. My back is bad enough it is making me gun shy to even start any major project. :cry:

les2021
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by les2021 »

Thanks Fuzz

This boat really is a good looking vessel and I am really enjoying the project. Fibreglass arrives next week so on to the next phase.

The back as you mention is a real pain in the a....., but strap on the back brace, pop a beer and crash on.

Cheers

Les

les2021
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by les2021 »

Hi Guys

Jacques can you give your input please.

Got out of the hospital yesterday now bored ridge.... So thought I would ask some question !!!

Swim platform. What would be the ideal height above the DWL, I am planning a solid platform so this may have an impact.
When fitting does it run parallel to the DWL.

Flying back to Crete on Sunday, fibreglass and resin has been delivered, cant wait to get back at it.

Les

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Parallel to the DWL and while the height is to your preference, not too close, about 20 cm above,
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

les2021
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by les2021 »

Thanks Jacques

Les

les2021
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by les2021 »

Afternoon Guys

Question for Jacques

1. Is it possible to move Frame D 300mm to the aft to make the cabin slightly larger ? Or is this structurally positioned.

2. Do I need to put any high density inserts in the hull for pipe exits, air intake, exhaust etc.

Anyway its good to back in the workshop. Traveling back to the UK last week was nothing but aggro, tests and form after, form....

Will post some pic's soon, starboard side nearly completed just a little more fairing before laminating.

Cheers