LM18 vs PH16/18

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
JCW1982
New Poster
New Poster

Re: LM18 vs PH16/18

Post by JCW1982 »

TomW1 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:35 pm
JCW1982 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:05 pm While I hadn't mentioned it yet....this was another reason I was considering the side console. I plan to keep the rigging as minimal as possible and being able to eliminate chase tubes was something that has appeal. I was planning to run wire (nav lights, trolling motor and fuel tank sending unit) and fuel hose in the corners of the gunwales....easy access and no chase tubes or holes in the sole.
I''m sorry to disappoint you but you will still need chase tubes to prevent chaffing of the fuel hose, cables and electrical wiring. There is no way around them You cannot just run them through the frames with out some support between the frames. Gas, electrical, mechanical should all have there own chase tubes. They should never run together. Recommended chase size tubes are 2" for mecanical, 1-1.5 for electrical and 1.5 for fuel line. If you can do that on your side console great. :D

Tom
Fair enough...so a "chase tube" would be required under each gunwale. My comments were more oriented to not running chase tubes and rigging under the sole.

I was aware not to run electrical and fuel together. My intention was to run electrical on one side (same side as the console) and run fuel along the opposite side.

Still just spit-balling on all of this though. No wood has been cut....just trying to work though possibilities in my head before work begins.

Thanks for all the comments and keep them coming.