LB26 Strikers height

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: LB26 Strikers height

Post by fallguy1000 »

All good. Jist take your time and it'll be right.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Fatih
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Fatih »

Dear Sir,
I have 2 questions, and will be happy if can get fast response.
1.Howmany layer of fiberglass lamination is needed for deck and cabin top of lb26.
2.Regarding to the tanks,can i made by my self by using plywood and laminate with fiberglass ?(fuel,water and black water tank).
Regards to all

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Fatih wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:44 am Dear Sir,
1.Howmany layer of fiberglass lamination is needed for deck and cabin top of lb26.
2.Regarding to the tanks,can i made by my self by using plywood and laminate with fiberglass ?(fuel,water and black water tank).
Regards to all
The lamination schedule for the superstructure is in the manual.

If you need to insure the boat in Turkey, you'll need to know the rules for Turkey. There are a lot of rules for fuel tanks in the US.

The work involved in building your own tanks well is simply not worth it when those tanks are all made in rotomolded plastics, and all of them have standard sizes.

If you can't find the superstructure in the back of the manual, let me know.

Fatih
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Fatih »

fallguy1000 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:25 am
Fatih wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:44 am Dear Sir,
Regards to all
The lamination schedule for the superstructure is in the manual.

If you need to insure the boat in Turkey, you'll need to know the rules for Turkey. There are a lot of rules for fuel tanks in the US.

The work involved in building your own tanks well is simply not worth it when those tanks are all made in rotomolded plastics, and all of them have standard sizes.

If you can't find the superstructure in the back of the manual, let me know.
Dear Daniel,
Very thx for the info.
I am confused if deck ,cabin top is the part of superstructure.Because as lamination describtion ;floors will be 3 layers inside + 3 outside lamination while superstructure wil be 1 inside and 1 outside of foam.
For the rotomoulded plastic tanks; the suitable places between bulkheads has prismatic geometry.And plan drawings are in prismatic shape.And i think cant be found from market.Aluminium is very expensive .so asking if possible to make by using plywood.
Thx and Regards

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Wood is not a good prospect for gas tanks. Gas eats into the epoxy. Though there are some epoxy's that are supposedly resistant to gasoline I have not seen the test results and would not trust them. Tanks are available for almost any shape. As far as prismatiic geometry tanks go tanks come in all shapes, or you build a platform for a flat tank. There have many boats built in Turkey, many large ones, so they had to find a tank some where. Try Amazon Europe. Also don't give up on an aluminum tank Do some searching on the web. Here in the states they are not that much more expensive than a plastic tank. For plastic tanks look for Moeller or similar in Europe.

Tanks are usually placed on the center line between frame B-C or C-D and maybe D-E. Here they are called belly tanks. https://www.amazon.com/Moeller-Marine-P ... r=8-8&th=1#

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

You are a builder now. If you need a prismatic shape, you build one. If you need a flat, build a flat. Just use foam scraps, bond them together, one layer of 600gram each side or two layers bottom side for big tanks.

Tank building is best left to professionals.

Sender heights must be right.
Dip tubes must he right.
A blackwater tent is best double vented, may require a monitor, discharge or pump tube located properly.
Water tanks here cost like $50 or less than the epoxy, ply and glass. Using the hull liner for a water tank is foolhardy.

Trust us.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

AED9C01C-7A51-4658-A700-A0FCBF278D77.jpeg
50031A76-537D-47E7-B44B-0E441F53E882.jpeg
p
AD9B31AF-CF4F-4611-88FD-95B44696A8D5.jpeg

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Not shown in my pics...I added a short intermediate bulkhead under the tank..the tanks rest on cleats made from 12mm foam...the cleats are tabbed to the hull with 600/225 tapes..then the preformed, pretabbed fuel tank base is laid in a bed of epoxy into the cleats. This was all done after the bulkheads were in, so, it required some help and I set it up before putting bulkhead four in so it'd be easier to locate...etc

Please note the plastic under the tank when I was bonding the pieces. See the tape as well to hold the pieces diring the cure. No screws into the tank! I did not tab the seams and jist used a single layer of 600g here. The intermediate bulkhead supports the center of the tank.

Fatih
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Fatih »

TomW1 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:28 pm Wood is not a good prospect for gas tanks. Gas eats into the epoxy. Though there are some epoxy's that are supposedly resistant to gasoline I have not seen the test results and would not trust them. Tanks are available for almost any shape. As far as prismatiic geometry tanks go tanks come in all shapes, or you build a platform for a flat tank. There have many boats built in Turkey, many large ones, so they had to find a tank some where. Try Amazon Europe. Also don't give up on an aluminum tank Do some searching on the web. Here in the states they are not that much more expensive than a plastic tank. For plastic tanks look for Moeller or similar in Europe.

Tanks are usually placed on the center line between frame B-C or C-D and maybe D-E. Here they are called belly tanks. https://www.amazon.com/Moeller-Marine-P ... r=8-8&th=1#

Tom
Many thx Tom.

Fatih
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Fatih »

fallguy1000 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:53 pm Not shown in my pics...I added a short intermediate bulkhead under the tank..the tanks rest on cleats made from 12mm foam...the cleats are tabbed to the hull with 600/225 tapes..then the preformed, pretabbed fuel tank base is laid in a bed of epoxy into the cleats. This was all done after the bulkheads were in, so, it required some help and I set it up before putting bulkhead four in so it'd be easier to locate...etc

Please note the plastic under the tank when I was bonding the pieces. See the tape as well to hold the pieces diring the cure. No screws into the tank! I did not tab the seams and jist used a single layer of 600g here. The intermediate bulkhead supports the center of the tank.
Thank you very much master.Great👍