LB26 Strikers height

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: LB26 Strikers height

Post by fallguy1000 »

This finger sketch is a bit better, but still not the level of precision needed by the builder. Jist to show him what he must do..
81CE4A23-BB4A-463E-A484-A7D479197747.jpeg
81CE4A23-BB4A-463E-A484-A7D479197747.jpeg (87.23 KiB) Viewed 501 times
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

The inside stringer is the highest one. I will check what I wrote and correct it if needed.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

jacquesmm wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:28 pm The inside stringer is the highest one. I will check what I wrote and correct it if needed.
Respectfully, this does not agree with the construction drawings. The inside ones are shown as the lower unless we are just having definition issues.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Let's forget about higher or lower because there are steps. The sole in the cockpit is higher than in the cabin and under the berth it goes up again.
The top of the outside stringer is, in some places higher than the other one but in other places, the inside stringer is higher, not the top but the stringer height. Sorry if I mixed all that up.
Let's forget all that and look at the drawings.
The construction drawing shows the stringers at frames G and F.
The spacing between stringers is shown there, at CL.
In that part of the boat, the outside stringers go all the way up to the sole. The space you see between the DWL and the top of the outside stringer is the thickness of the sole.
The top of the inside stringers is at the level of the engine mounts and that level varies depending on the type of engine and transmission mounts.

I would use a pattern for the stringers and cut the top part to fit the engine mounts once you have the engine. You will also adjust to the different levels of the soles if needed. I show the cabin step down.
I would cut that pattern with the top at the level of the DWL minus the sole thickness.
To draw that pattern, you can use the lines drawings, take the heights from the stations.
The problem is that, with the curved transom, you don't exactly know where to draw the stations.
Here is some help:
for the inside stringer, station 9 is at 653 mm from the upper rear corner.
for the outside stringer, station 9 is at 629 mm from that corner.
I will post a picture.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

The two additional dimensions are in yellow.

Look at your construction drawing and it will become clear.
That question did not come up before but there are other ways to get those dimensions: One is to loft my lines drawing, the other is to take a pattern from the assembled hull.
------------------
I will revisit the thread tomorrow. It is after midnight in Turkey and yesterday, I received my second Covid shot yesterday. I am tired.

PS: I do not endorse that Covid vaccine. It is not a true vaccine but I want to be able to travel as soon as possible and want that paper.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Fatih-lay the entire boat out in cardboard. You can tape cardboard well enough with duct tape to hold.

Make all the frames and everything and then the boat will need to make sense.

I was getting confused between the stringer height and the relative height is all.

You have to pattern them. I recommend installing all the frames in cardboard and then the stringers will be able to be templated.

Fatih
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Fatih »

jacquesmm wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:31 pm Image

The two additional dimensions are in yellow.

Look at your construction drawing and it will become clear.
That question did not come up before but there are other ways to get those dimensions: One is to loft my lines drawing, the other is to take a pattern from the assembled hull.
------------------
I will revisit the thread tomorrow. It is after midnight in Turkey and yesterday, I received my second Covid shot yesterday. I am tired.

PS: I do not endorse that Covid vaccine. It is not a true vaccine but I want to be able to travel as soon as possible and want that paper.
Thx for the information.More clear now.
But i have a nother question.
The sole will sit on the bulkheads right?Then,
What is the height of the sole as attached?
Any reference height from DWL or ?
Regards
Attachments
soleh.jpg

Fatih
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Fatih »

fallguy1000 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:47 pm Fatih-lay the entire boat out in cardboard. You can tape cardboard well enough with duct tape to hold.

Make all the frames and everything and then the boat will need to make sense.

I was getting confused between the stringer height and the relative height is all.

You have to pattern them. I recommend installing all the frames in cardboard and then the stringers will be able to be templated.
So many thx Dan.Will do.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Fatih wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:09 am
But i have a nother question.
The sole will sit on the bulkheads right?Then,
What is the height of the sole as attached?
Any reference height from DWL or ?
Regards
The top of the sole is at the DWL.
Use that DWL as your reference and measure from there.
If you still have your molds, drop a couple of them in the hull and mark the DWL.
If not, redraw a couple of them and measure along the side. You can measure from the chine, redraw only that part.
You will end up with a line like the one shown by Fallguy.

That DWL is your reference. It will give you a level sole.
level
A small difference in the level of the sole does not matter but it must be level.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

The sole is 16" above the cutdown stringer or 13" above the ?inside? stringers. Look at the Construction drawing. The dimension is given in the middle picture with the engine. The metric dimension is about 406mm? There are some roundi g issues, so maybe 400mm in metric? But this does not answer your question.

I apologize. In some of my prior comments, I thought the sole was at dwl. The sole between Frame D and partway to Frame B is below DWL. Most of the rest is above DWL. So, the cockpit does appear to be self bailing if you seal the drop down section from ingress.

I see no other mention of sole to baseline/dwl...but you need that number to cut the frame templates...

Perhaps Jacques mentioned it in this thread already, but it does appear that at least on Frame G, the sole is much higher than DWL...

I am sorry if I am adding confusion here friends. My aim is to help.