LB26 Strikers height

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Fatih
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

LB26 Strikers height

Post by Fatih »

Can Jm tell me the height of strikes for LB 26?
In plan the height not seen.
Thx
Attachments
stringerh (1).jpg
stringerh (1).jpg (17.11 KiB) Viewed 531 times

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LB26 Strikers height

Post by Jeff »

Fatih, I just sent Jacques an email so that he can respond to your question. Jeff

Fatih
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Fatih »

Jeff wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:19 pm Fatih, I just sent Jacques an email so that he can respond to your question. Jeff
Thx Jeff.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

In that boat, the baseline is the DWL (Designed Water Line). It is marked on each station.
The engine bearing stringer (the one towards the CL) supports the cockpit sole. That means that the height of the top of the stringer is at the DWL minus the thickness of the sole. If you build in foam sandwich, that thickness is 12 mm plus glass, let's say 15 mm. 15mmm below the DWL.
The other stringer is lower. You can do the math from the construction drawing but I admit that it is not very clear.
The outside stringer is 150 mm lower than the inside one.
You can make that one higher but at 150 mm, it gives room for batteries and tank connections.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Fatih
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Fatih »

jacquesmm wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:00 pm In that boat, the baseline is the DWL (Designed Water Line). It is marked on each station.
The engine bearing stringer (the one towards the CL) supports the cockpit sole. That means that the height of the top of the stringer is at the DWL minus the thickness of the sole. If you build in foam sandwich, that thickness is 12 mm plus glass, let's say 15 mm. 15mmm below the DWL.
The other stringer is lower. You can do the math from the construction drawing but I admit that it is not very clear.
You can make that one higher but 150 mm, it gives room for batteries and tank connections.
Dear JM,
Great thanks but a little bit confused.
Can you pls tell me the height of inner stringers ?
The outhers will be 15cm lower right?
Pls clarify
Regards

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Fatih asked me privately and I must admit I, too, am confused. But first, let me explain the part I understand.

I poured over my drawings and all I can see is that the stringers are made to match DWL less sole.

And this part is straightforward.

What must happen is the builder must determine DWL in a flipped boat. !!!!!

How? All from the Construction drawing.

You flip the boat over and you find references to dwl on the drawings. How?

First, you determine where all the frames will go. Start with Frame G. Draw a black line for each side of Frame G. continue this for all the frames.

The longer stringers are shown as the engine stringers and start at the transom and end at Frame B. They are cut down 3" between Frame D and B.

Frame A shows DWL exactly at the bottom. Frame C shows DWL exactly at the chine. The transom mold drawings show the baseline. The baseline is the DWL and so you have three references that you can use to determine how to level the boat in a cradle so that DWL is level.

After you have leveled dwl, you can then use cardboard templates to determine the stringers.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Correct. The DWL and the CL should be marked on all molds, all stations while building the jig. They will be your reference lines.
Mark the molds locations on the inside of the hull before removing the molds.
You can loft (draw) a stringer by marking each station line on the stringer and take the height from each station or mold.
In all cases, make a cardboard pattern and check against the hull.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

jacquesmm wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:00 pm In that boat, the baseline is the DWL (Designed Water Line). It is marked on each station.
You can make that one higher but at 150 mm, it gives room for batteries and tank connections.
Jacques, please forgive me in advance. I think your verbage here confuses. The drawings show a higher outside stringer. Am I to assume the inside stringers are 6" lower? It does not seem so in the drawings.

Is the goal of cutting down the inside stringer 3" to make the stringer heights the same forward of Frame D? I had always assumed so.

Some of this is because Fatih is not understanding he needs to cardboard template after finding DWL and leveling the boat.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

jacquesmm wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:16 pm Correct. The DWL and the CL should be marked on all molds, all stations while building the jig. They will be your reference lines.
Mark the molds locations on the inside of the hull before removing the molds.
You can loft (draw) a stringer by marking each station line on the stringer and take the height from each station or mold.
In all cases, make a cardboard pattern and check against the hull.
Based on the pictures, he has pulled it all out without marking things...

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Here is Fatih's build. He needs to get lines marked in here for the frames and dwl. Then he needs to level the boat to dwl. The blue is only for emphasis and wrong. The waterline is in the hull forward of Frame D.

Then cardboard template the stringers.
0A1D7F3D-C10F-443C-90BF-2CFEBF0648D8.jpeg