LB26 Strikers height

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Fatih
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: LB26 Strikers height

Post by Fatih »

jacquesmm wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:30 pm Fatih, I am going to help by drawing a vertical section through the stringers center and will email it to you.
From there, you will have the shape of the bottom of the stringers relative to the DWL.
You will have to offset for the hull thickness but that is easy.
Ok very thx JM.
So glad to hear that.
If possible pls also help for sole height from dwls.
Regards

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

The drawing is ready.
Fatih, message me with your email and I will send you a high resolution PDF file with some comments.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Fatih wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:15 pm Ok very thx JM.
So glad to hear that.
Regards
Send me your email for the new drawing. I show the sole heights at the transom but you can also see it in my previous posts.
I also show a line through the last frame to help you verify.
From my drawing, you can cut a cardboard template and fine tune.
My lines show a section along the centerline of the stringer and through the outside skin of the hull and transom. You must offset but that way it is consistent with the other line drawings.

For other builders: please mark the DWL and the frames location before removing the molds. There is no need for this drawing if the hull is marked inside but I will add it to the plans package.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Fatih
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Fatih »

jacquesmm wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:34 pm Image

The drawing is ready.
Fatih, message me with your email and I will send you a high resolution PDF file with some comments.
Dear JM,
Thx .my email is fatihyalcinyavas@gmail.com
Great great thx.

Fatih
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Fatih »

jacquesmm wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:40 pm
Fatih wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:15 pm Ok very thx JM.
So glad to hear that.
Regards
Send me your email for the new drawing. I show the sole heights at the transom but you can also see it in my previous posts.
I also show a line through the last frame to help you verify.
From my drawing, you can cut a cardboard template and fine tune.
My lines show a section along the centerline of the stringer and through the outside skin of the hull and transom. You must offset but that way it is consistent with the other line drawings.

For other builders: please mark the DWL and the frames location before removing the molds. There is no need for this drawing if the hull is marked inside but I will add it to the plans package.
My email is fatihyalcinyavas@gmail.com

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

jacquesmm wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:59 pm You are correct, I am wrong. The cockpit sole is well above the DWL. Let's refer only to the DWL.
The top of the outside stringer is 12 mm below that DWL.
The cockpit sole is at a slight angle: lower face is 154 mm above DWL at the transom and 228 mm at the cockpit bulkhead.
Fatih, mark out the frame locations on the hull for G, F, E, D

Then install a piece of cardboard for frame D. The sole (base) at D is 228mm above DWL.

Run a string line across the top of Frame D and all the way to the transom at 154mm above DWL at the keel. It will be a bot tricky to get the string tight, but find a way. Then run a tape measure from the string down and write the measurement on the hull for each Frame.

Then move the string off the keel and over the outside stringer location in both spots. Then measure again and write on hull. Then measure the other side (they should be very close). Then you can draw the cardboard frame templates abd cut them out using the offsets for the stringers and the chine distances to the keel (more measuring). But this is how...

Jacques-an improvment to the drawings would be to provide estimated frame sizes or sole base to dwl at each frame. You can see above I explained how it can be done, but it is not straightforward in the plans (kindly). Woods did this for my build and we were close, but as far off as 20mm at times. I shrunk the Skoota 18mm each side to avoid notching for ribbands in the mould setup...so the errors were build related.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Fatih
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Fatih »

fallguy1000 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:04 pm
jacquesmm wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:59 pm You are correct, I am wrong. The cockpit sole is well above the DWL. Let's refer only to the DWL.
The top of the outside stringer is 12 mm below that DWL.
The cockpit sole is at a slight angle: lower face is 154 mm above DWL at the transom and 228 mm at the cockpit bulkhead.
Fatih, mark out the frame locations on the hull for G, F, E, D

Then install a piece of cardboard for frame D. The sole (base) at D is 228mm above DWL.

Run a string line across the top of Frame D and all the way to the transom at 154mm above DWL at the keel. It will be a bot tricky to get the string tight, but find a way. Then run a tape measure from the string down and write the measurement on the hull for each Frame.

Then move the string off the keel and over the outside stringer location in both spots. Then measure again and write on hull. Then measure the other side (they should be very close). Then you can draw the cardboard frame templates abd cut them out using the offsets for the stringers and the chine distances to the keel (more measuring). But this is how...

Jacques-an improvment to the drawings would be to provide estimated frame sizes or sole base to dwl at each frame. You can see above I explained how it can be done, but it is not straightforward in the plans (kindly). Woods did this for my build and we were close, but as far off as 20mm at times. I shrunk the Skoota 18mm each side to avoid notching for ribbands in the mould setup...so the errors were build related.
Dear Master,
I did as your concerns.
Thx and best regards
Fatih
Attachments
20210611_111632.jpg

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

For this partnof the build, I strongly recommend a hot melt glue gun. Get a mid range one; the cheap ones are too cold and no need for a real expensive one.

You can hot melt the cardboard templates and hot melt the glassed bulkheads just before fillet and glue.

Make sure the bulkheads are not oversized and never force them. If they are tight, they will push on the hull and make a funny line on the outside of the boat that you will see. The hotmelt works on 3mm gaps and then you simply add the bonding paste. If you want to remove the hot glue, just a hair dryer works.

My boat has all the hot melt still in place. We post cured the entire hull and I can see a few places in the watertights where some glue ran, but almost none because all buiried under seam tape..

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Are these templates too short?

Which frames are they? Or are these just setup molds?
BE9B1703-8F6C-4AAB-99C5-37CE350F35B6.jpeg
BE9B1703-8F6C-4AAB-99C5-37CE350F35B6.jpeg (103.18 KiB) Viewed 441 times

Fatih
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Fatih »

fallguy1000 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:14 pm Are these templates too short?

Which frames are they? Or are these just setup molds?

BE9B1703-8F6C-4AAB-99C5-37CE350F35B6.jpeg
Dear Daniel,
These are the jig moulds.
The bulkheads as here attached.
Attachments
20210612_145236.jpg
20210612_145242.jpg