GV15 bow locker

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
BrianC
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

GV15 bow locker

Post by BrianC »

After adding the casting deck frame I realized that the bow locker area is huge --- ~18" deep (max) x 75" wide x 34" fore-aft:

I'll have a bow-mounted trolling motor on one side so I thought I might put the battery (or batteries??) on a shelf on the opposite side. Near the center-line I'll need a anchor locker which I assume I should have drain outboard. Any suggestions on layout would be greatly appreciated.
SK14 completed ——— GV15 under construction "...there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”
The Wind in the Willows — Kenneth Grahame

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: GV15 bow locker

Post by Fuzz »

I see you have not received any input. It might be that no one is sure what is best on that hull. I would love to help but not sure I can :roll: Keep asking, do not think we are not interested in your build.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: GV15 bow locker

Post by TomW1 »

Measure 12" forward from the frame and then down and see what the height is, that is how much room you have for a battery shelf. Let me know. Most people just use the whole space as a chain, rope and anchor storage area as there is not enough room for batteries and the deck is really not long enough to properly stow a trolling motor, unless you use wide side decks and strengthen it under the mount. As a suggestion mount the battery(ies) under a step to the deck with conduit running to the trolling motor head sight. Make it hinged with a w water tight seal and it will also make it easier for you to get up to the deck and remove the batteries when you ever need to.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978