2013 Southeastern Builders Meet, June13/15, Sebastian FL

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: 2013 Southeastern Builders Meet, June13/15, Sebastian FL

Post by tech_support »

BTW, this is a great place to kayak. No tide to fight, lot of places to get out and wade.

Doc_Dyer
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Doc_Dyer »

what kind of fish can we expect to catch here ?
. sanded on a canoe, bought a used boat, stayed at a holiday inn last night

peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by peter-curacao »

Comparing the pictures on tripadvisor, we will stay @ Capt Hirams, maybe @ Hirams occasionally it's a bit crowded and noisy but since the rooms are far away from the entertainment area I don't think that will be a problem at all.
Maybe Hiram's has a bit to much sociability from time to time, but judging from the pics it looks like the Sportmans lounge completely forgot to build in a nice atmosphere factor :roll:
I can sit in my rocking chair at the old people's home when I''m 80+ or something :lol:

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

shine wrote: places to stay on the water, with docks.
There are probably some other options, but those are the ones that seem to fit best.
what does everyone think :?.
You forgot this one http://oysterresorts.com/ or isn't that one suitable either?

Doc_Dyer
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Doc_Dyer »

shine wrote:
places to stay on the water, with docks.

Captian Butchers: pretty much directly across from inlet, they have some nice condo type units with a nice little basin. I have stayed there several times and love it. They do not have a huge amount of available dockage, most slips are taken by local fishermen. Perfect place for fishermen to stay.

Capt Hirams: Its the party place, live music, bars, restaurant, docks, boat rentals etc.

Sportsman lodge Never stayed there, but is location is great. right next to the municipal docks, boat ramp and park. Its more like a traditional FL fish camp, with little efficiencies.

Sebastian Inlet state park: It over on the barrier island and has camping great facilities right on the water.

Round Island Park: North of inlet on island side, more camping places and pavilions

There are probably some other options, but those are the ones that seem to fit best.

what does everyone think :?: The best thing about these meets IMHO is that they are not over planned, we just need to set the conditions for a good time to happen. As always, these events are not sanctioned in any way by E-Boat, Inc. Jacques and I will be there, and i will bring a boat or two, paddle board, wife and kids.
peter-curacao wrote:
shine wrote: places to stay on the water, with docks.
what does everyone think :?.
You forgot this one http://oysterresorts.com/ or isn't that one suitable either?
didnt see that one on Shine's post

not everyone likes to party as hard as you do Peter :roll:
Im not the one picking the location Peter :roll: just putting in my opinion you can stay where ever you like :roll:
jezz :doh:

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Hey Doc please don't feel like I was address my post to you, I was just telling were I think we (Gloria & I) will stay. :wink:
As for the other place I thought I just bring it up because it wasn't mentioned in the list, but didn't know if it was suitable since Joel wrote
"but those are the ones that seem to fit best"
That's why my remark
"or isn't that one suitable either?"

Doc_Dyer
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Doc_Dyer »

ahh ok :)
all good where ever we stay it will be fun :wink:

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

Doc_Dyer wrote:what kind of fish can we expect to catch here ?
Indian River: worst to first...stingray, catfish, shark, croaker, pinfish, ladyfish, jacks, bluefish, seatrout, pompano, snapper, grouper, redfish, snook, possible tarpon.

near shore: jacks, shark, cobia, king mackerel, snapper, grouper

Offshore (gulfstream is about 22 miles) dolphin, sailfish, some wahoo. If you go that far its normally to troll for dolphin. Although you dont have to go nearly that far out. Dolphin fishing starts about 12 miles out

The Sebastian river is a few miles north and normally has a ton of baby tarpon. They are picky though, one day hook a dozen, next day they dont even look at your lure

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

peter-curacao wrote: what does everyone think :?.
You forgot this one http://oysterresorts.com/ or isn't that one suitable either?[/quote]

They are not on the water and they do not have docks (that I know of). So your boat is not outside your door. Also, I remember them being not very nice looking.

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

shine wrote: They are not on the water and they do not have docks (that I know of). So your boat is not outside your door. Also, I remember them being not very nice looking.
Maybe I'm wrong but looks like they have it all, or do they use Hiram,s facility's since that's in between their two wings?