2014 Texas Builder's Meet July 25-27 @ POC

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
Mad Dog
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: 2014 Texas Builder's Meet July 25-27 @ POC

Post by Mad Dog »

Hey T. There is a charcoal grill at Clark's . VGANT is grilling too and bringing brickettes. You guys keep being safe.

MD :wink:
Ergo piscor, ergo sum

t-dog 21
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by t-dog 21 »

Thanks, we expect a full fishing report so we can get rite into the action tomorrow morning.

Mad Dog
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mad Dog »

Dougster, SWGLENN , Mad Dog and our better halves just finishing supper at Cathy's. Good food, stories, and laughs. Wish ya'll were here.

Ergo piscor, ergo sum

Mad Dog
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mad Dog »

t-dog 21 wrote:Thanks, we expect a full fishing report so we can get rite into the action tomorrow morning.

Check out my post on the fishing thread in Anything Else.

Ergo piscor, ergo sum

Mad Dog
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mad Dog »

t-dog 21 wrote:Thanks, we expect a full fishing report so we can get rite into the action tomorrow morning.

Check out my post on the fishing thread in Anything Else.

Ergo piscor, ergo sum

Mad Dog
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mad Dog »

So far we got a look at Dougster's LB22 and UncleD's Phantom. Very impressive and turning lots of heads. Great work gentlemen! :D 8)

Ergo piscor, ergo sum

duckworks
New Poster
New Poster

Post by duckworks »

I want to thank you guys for letting me crash your party. I had a great time and I am always happy to meet new boatbuilders.
I have a couple of pictures to post, but I can't figure out how to upload them - any of you guys know how that is done?

Chuck

Mad Dog
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mad Dog »

Hey Chuck, sure was nice to meet you. Hope you had a safe trip home and looking forward to the boat show in October. :D

Ergo piscor, ergo sum

swglenn
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by swglenn »

We had a great time this weekend. The best thing was meeting a lot of wonderful people. Their husbands weren't too bad either. Seriously Dougster, Mad Dog, Uncle D, VGANT, and Prairie Dog are great people.

The Dougster is becoming a nautical rock star in that LB22. Every place that boat goes people are admiring and asking about it. This all happened at a serious fishing spot where two out of three boats are serious tower and flats monsters with 250 and 300 hp motors that scorch the water at 60-70 mph. The LB22 has a 30 hp motor and tops out at 18 mph and they were still admiring it.

Mad Dog's boat has rebuilt his boat into an awesome fishing machine. He went out 25 miles into the GOM catching kingfish one day and the next day he is anchored on a flat and is out wade fishing. It does it all.

Uncle D had his brand spanking new PH18 custom tunnel and sponson equipped boat with him. He put the first fish slime on it this weekend. I owe him a bunch for letting me fish with him. I am building a PH16 and being able to see how he built his boat and how well it fished was great. It has really given me a boost in wanting to finish mine by next year.

Saturday evening's dinner was great. Mad Dog boiled up shrimp, potatoes, and corn. Dougster had his famous smoked pork butt and tortillas, VGANT had some great ribs, Prairie Dog brought sausages from Colorado, we brought a crawfish/shrimp etoufee with rice. Desserts were a chocolate turtle cake and some tremendous dark chocolate almond cookies. One unamed person was seen scooping up chocolate turtle cake with the chocolate cookies. There was plenty of food for all.

The location was the best. Clark's Inn is right on the ICW and has a canal back to the hotel. You dock your boat right behind your room. The inn is raised up on piers and you park your trailer and car in the shade directly below your room. The cool Gulf breeze made it a really nice place to have dinner underneath the rooms in the shade. We could sit and eat and see the boats at the same time.

The Bateau community is one of the best thing about building your own boat. We are already looking forward to next year.

SWglenn and Judy

Noles309
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Noles309 »

Lets see some pics...
Gary
GF-16 Completed