Southeastern Builders Meet 5/31 -> 6/1/2014

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Southeastern Builders Meet 5/31 -> 6/1/2014

Post by tech_support »

heading over thursday afternoon :!:

majorgator
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by majorgator »

We'll be there Thursday before 5 PM.
Been getting some intel on the inshore bite at Boca from a guy in Gainesville that fishes down there a lot. Will be entering some GPS numbers this afternoon. Hopefully he's right!!!

Tides will be great.
Weather will be...decent enough... :wink:
Saved by the Blood of Jesus!
See my XF20 Build Thread

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

Myself and family will be staying in one of those condos right when you come on the island, off to the left, will have an older hewes with a black motor on the dock. Im not bringing seacraft, ran out of time to get it ready. Jacques is bringing over the jet boat and we will give it an official maiden voyage at the meet .... nothing could wrong right :wink: 8O

dborecky
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by dborecky »

I'm driving to Miami tomorrow night for a high school graduation. I may be able to come by boca on the way back....... 8) Not sure when I'm headed back.....

wadestep
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wadestep »

Hey Derek - If it's late and we've had a few and you're still in Boca, you're welcome to crash on our second bed. Give me an email if you're interested.

I spent Sun and Mon fishing up near Boca Grande- I had a free stateroom on the parent's boat within 3 miles of there.
Turned 80 miles on the OB19 in those 2 days - here's a picture with 8-10 miles still to go:
and gonna turn around and do it again this weekend :D
caught one of these - about 25":
and a bunch of these - with a few being keepers:
and some of these, unfortunately:
and some of these, but only short ones (check out the shadow!):
and a bunch of ladyfish, etc... On the whole, I caught a few dinners, had to let the big grouper go, and maybe caught 30 fish in 8 hours of trying.

We will be leaving Fri AM for another 80-90 mile weekend on the OB19. The winds look good, the rain is not so good. However, on the coast here, you can often take the forecast rain and cut it in half and that's what the barrier islands are likely to see. If it's like today was it's great until 3pm, rains at 5pm, done by 7-8 pm.
wade
Completed : OB19, CC14, GV10.

majorgator
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by majorgator »

The winds look good, the rain is not so good. However, on the coast here, you can often take the forecast rain and cut it in half and that's what the barrier islands are likely to see.
I've been watching the weather all week. NOAA says 40% & 30% rain Friday & Saturday. Weather channel website says 30%/30%. Weatherbug App on my iPhone says 70%/70%. Gotta love weather forecasting :wink:
See my XF20 Build Thread

crackedconch
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by crackedconch »

The wife and I are headed up there Saturday afternoon just for the day. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing all the different boats. The one I'm most interested in seeing is an FS17. What time would be good to show up?? I know there's no set schedule, but I didn't want to get there and everyone is out in boats.

Mike

majorgator
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by majorgator »

The wife and I are headed up there Saturday afternoon just for the day. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing all the different boats. The one I'm most interested in seeing is an FS17. What time would be good to show up?? I know there's no set schedule, but I didn't want to get there and everyone is out in boats.
Mike, if I were you, I'd try to be there between 4 and 5 PM. Dinner should be around 6 or 7 PM. You're of course welcome to stay and enjoy the company! Personally, I'll probably only fish until about 2 or so on Saturday so I can spend a little time with the family :wink:
See my XF20 Build Thread

crackedconch
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by crackedconch »

majorgator wrote:
Mike, if I were you, I'd try to be there between 4 and 5 PM. Dinner should be around 6 or 7 PM. You're of course welcome to stay and enjoy the company! Personally, I'll probably only fish until about 2 or so on Saturday so I can spend a little time with the family :wink:

Great, thanks!!!

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

About the food, with Aripeka's sad family situation and cancellation, we should make certain that we have all what he was going to bring.
I can bring one or two folding tables. I have small propane burner too and I can buy the charcoal.
Anything else? Do we need a big pot or two? I have room in the truck.
Do i have to bring some food?
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com