2015 Southeast Builders Meet - Homosassa, FL Oct. 2-4, 2015

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
crackedconch
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: 2015 Southeast Builders Meet - TBD

Post by crackedconch »

I've stayed at McRae's for a fishing tournament a few years ago and it was pretty decent. They have the docks right there with a nice bar, just the parking lot is about a block away. Don't remember the price. Maybe do it before scallop season so the fish aren't all freaked out by the massive boat traffic.

wegcagle
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wegcagle »

I'm definitely interested. Summer or Fall. Of course I will have to deal with kids/school if it's in the fall. Looking forward to it

Will

GV15, D4 done! Dreaming about the next one

majorgator
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by majorgator »

What kind of response would we have to the weekend of November 8 or November 15 (with maybe a Thursday/Friday preceeding)? For our region, that's the 2nd and 3rd weekend of general gun season, and also falls right before doe-days. You can see where my mind is at :wink:

Is this too soon removed from the summer meet we just had?
Saved by the Blood of Jesus!
See my XF20 Build Thread

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Agree. If we do it in the fall, it must be before general gun season in zone C which is November 1st.
Not only for me but many of our builders are hunting.
The week-end of October 18th, there is the Duckworks meeting in TX and I will be going. Not Oct. 18.
IBEX is October 1st etc. and it's in Tampa, close.
The last week-end of September would be great.
Or in the spring.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Aripeka Angler »

jacquesmm wrote:Agree. If we do it in the fall, it must be before general gun season in zone C which is November 1st.
Not only for me but many of our builders are hunting.
I have a hunting lease, cabin (trailer :wink: ) and money invested in hunting club but I wouldn't have a problem giving up a weekend in November for a meet. There's plenty of time to freeze in a tree stand in December and January :wink:
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

majorgator
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by majorgator »

I have a hunting lease, cabin (trailer :wink: ) and money invested in hunting club but I wouldn't have a problem giving up a weekend in November for a meet. There's plenty of time to freeze in a tree stand in December and January :wink:
I'm a two-deer kinda guy myself. Hopefully a buck early on in the season (like first weekend :wink: ) then the virtually guaranteed doe during their week, and I'm good with not sitting in the freezing woods for the rest of then season :lol:

If we could nail down a date, I'd be happy to go check it out and have some preliminary discussions with the management.
See my XF20 Build Thread

wadestep
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wadestep »

I'm also good with a fall meet - I agree with Richard about this heat, I'm about sick of it. Just to be sure - we are talking about 2015? So in the fall the Saturdays fall on 9/26, 10/3, 10/10, and 10/17. I'd vote for not 10/17. Robin and I enjoy muzzle loader season and that's when it will probably start.
If we start getting further into Nov we run higher risks of fronts, with high(er) winds. I'm good with Nov (not the week of Thanksgiving = doe week), just a thought.
Homosassa sounds good to me. I've never been there.
I understand those places become a madhouse during scallop season. But we could book early and join the crazies. Scalloping is always fun... but it is in the heat of summer.
The general concept sounds good.
wade
Completed : OB19, CC14, GV10.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

You decide as long as it is not the week-end of October 18. I go to a TX meeting that week.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

wadestep
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wadestep »

Alright, lets narrow it down to October 3 and 4th or November 7and 8th at Homosassa. What say you?
Completed : OB19, CC14, GV10.

majorgator
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by majorgator »

wadestep wrote:Alright, lets narrow it down to October 3 and 4th or November 7and 8th at Homosassa. What say you?
I like the idea of October 3-4. Usually, the fish haven't yet moved into the creeks and rivers and there's little chance that we'll have cold weather. Its likely to be nice and comfortable. The scallopers will have moved out, but it'll be before the snowbirds move in. Its far enough away from Thanksgiving and Christmas that folks won't be conflicted by their holiday schedules.

November is OK, but the more I think about it, the more I like October better.
See my XF20 Build Thread