Page 1 of 1

2017 Southeast builder's meet at River Palms Cottage OCT 13-14th

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:34 am
by silentneko
Are there any plans for a meet this year? I might try to swing by if it's not to far away and get some ideas for my upcoming project.

Re: 2017 Southeast builder's meet

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:25 pm
by TomW1
As of right now the meet will be in the Florida Keys in October. I'll be coming from NC, others from all over FL. If your in Lakeland there should be plenty of builders within a short drive of you.

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:39 pm
by Jaysen
I know it's early for a sign up but put me down with a +1. The keys is on our todo list.

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:17 am
by Walkers Run
I take a Keys vacation every October. It's my favorite time to be there, no crowds, the lobster grounds start to recover from the craziness that is mini season. Hotels are at non-peak rates. Oh yea it's also hurricane season 8O .
Count me in!

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:34 am
by silentneko
The Keys sound nice, not sure if I can swing it but I'll keep it in mind. Where do you guys stay? La jolla?

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:02 pm
by Doc_Dyer
http://www.bhotelsandresorts.com/b-unli ... anana-bay/

this is where the meet was in 2012

long hallways, greater chance of getting lost.......for some :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

nice place to eat across highway....fun times :D :D :D

link to 2012 meet thread

http://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26955

page 107 has some photos

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:46 pm
by jacquesmm
Yes, the place where we stayed last time was nice.

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:26 pm
by silentneko
The place looks nice. I'll keep checking in when it gets a bit closer.

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:47 pm
by Reid
Hey All,

I am glad to see several of you are talking about the Builder's Meet for 2017! Jeff and I have been discussing some ideas in the office lately and wanted to get your feedback. We would like to keep the tradition alive and even grow the meet a little if we could. As for this year's meet in October we were thinking of hosting the meet at River Palm Cottages & Fish Camp in Jensen Beach, FL. This is fairly centralized Florida location that is situated right on the Indian River (ICW). There are cottages to rent and plenty of dock space for the boats. Fishing is awesome, with tons of inshore options as well as being a couple of miles from the St. Lucie Inlet. The West Palm Beach International Airport only an hour or less away for those who would be flying in.

Here is a link to the website for River Palm Cottages:
http://www.riverpalmcottages.com/

Please give us your thoughts. We are definitely looking forward to this event again!!!

Reid

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:35 pm
by Dr. Pete
FYI that it may or may not be of anyone's concern: Port Aransas, Tx Plywood boat Festival is scheduled Weekend of Oct 21

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:59 pm
by Walkers Run
That's my back yard.
I'm in.

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:06 am
by seaslug
I think that looks like the perfect location, I just need the dates and I'll make my reservation. It's hard to believe it's only 4 months from now.

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:34 pm
by cape man
Yeah...just pick a date when they aren't booked.

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:46 pm
by Dog Fish
Looks like a nice place :!:

Brian............

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:51 pm
by Jaysen
I'd officially qualify as a builder by then. I'd love to make it.

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:52 pm
by Fuzz
So CapeMan what's my chances of earning another beer?

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:23 pm
by cape man
10 in 10.

Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:32 am
by Fuzz
I will run this by SWMBO and see how it goes. I got time to work on her if need be. :wink:

Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:39 pm
by TomW1
Reid wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 4:47 pm Hey All,

I am glad to see several of you are talking about the Builder's Meet for 2017! Jeff and I have been discussing some ideas in the office lately and wanted to get your feedback. We would like to keep the tradition alive and even grow the meet a little if we could. As for this year's meet in October we were thinking of hosting the meet at River Palm Cottages & Fish Camp in Jensen Beach, FL. This is fairly centralized Florida location that is situated right on the Indian River (ICW). There are cottages to rent and plenty of dock space for the boats. Fishing is awesome, with tons of inshore options as well as being a couple of miles from the St. Lucie Inlet. The West Palm Beach International Airport only an hour or less away for those who would be flying in.

Here is a link to the website for River Palm Cottages:
http://www.riverpalmcottages.com/

Please give us your thoughts. We are definitely looking forward to this event again!!!

Reid
Hi Reid it looks like a nice place. One thing that I have a question on is the number of boat slips available. They only have 7 so we would have to reserve all 7 early on and then raft out from those tied to the docks. We have always had more than 7 boats. So contact them and make sure we can raft out. We also need to know about an area to park our trailers. Also a picnic area for a cookout thier Chikeehut rental is pretty expensive, 5 hours at $150 an hour when we still have to provide the food and beverages. Do they have grills, etc.

Tom

Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:53 pm
by Reid
TomW1 wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 9:39 pm
Hi Reid it looks like a nice place. One thing that I have a question on is the number of boat slips available. They only have 7 so we would have to reserve all 7 early on and then raft out from those tied to the docks. We have always had more than 7 boats. So contact them and make sure we can raft out. We also need to know about an area to park our trailers. Also a picnic area for a cookout thier Chikeehut rental is pretty expensive, 5 hours at $150 an hour when we still have to provide the food and beverages. Do they have grills, etc.

Tom
Tom,
I met with the people at River Palms yesterday. There are only 7 boat slips but we are able to anchor right off the beach. There is plenty of trailer parking on site as well. There is a public boat ramp very close (1/4 mile or less away) so guys can put in before they fish or the night before. Take a look on google maps (satellite view).

Reid

Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:08 pm
by Reid
So here is the official announcement:

The 2017 Builder's Meet will officially be held at the River Palms Cottages and Fish Camp http://www.riverpalmcottages.com/ on October 13-14. We had a great time last year and are hoping that many of you can make it out this year. There is some great fishing to be had so please bring your boat or get together with someone who is bringing theirs and see what the Treasure Coast and the Indian River Lagoon has to offer.

Here is a brief Itinerary:
Friday, October 13th - 6:30pm Welcome Reception on the beach at the River Palms Cottages/Fish Camp. We will have some beer and water on ice. Please feel free to bring what you would like to eat or drink. Very casual!
Saturday, October 14th - The day is yours to fish and relax. Please join us at 5pm for a cookout at the River Palms property. Beer and water will be on ice. We will be providing some protein to grill but please bring side items or fish to share.

Please book your rooms early!!! This is definitely their busy season. Please let me know if you have any questions or are interested in splitting one of the houses on the property, we would be happy to assist. Lastly, Please RSVP either on the form or email me at Reid@e-boat.net.

See you soon!!!
Reid

Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:16 am
by Aripeka Angler
I booked a room today, I'll be there on Thursday.
I am looking forward to exploring new territory in the red boat or whatever else I get finished with by the meet 8)

Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:23 am
by Jaysen
I think I'm in. Will be boatless. Willing to share space with folks. May be driving a 40yr old car.

Anyone looking to share room costs and doesn't mind a guy that will probably get up at 5:30a let me know.

Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:45 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Jaysen wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 11:23 am I think I'm in. Will be boatless.
What's up with that? You know that ain't right don't you? :lol:
Last time I checked, you had a nearly flawlessly painted and almost completed boat.

Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:53 pm
by Jaysen
Aripeka Angler wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 5:45 pm
Jaysen wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 11:23 am I think I'm in. Will be boatless.
What's up with that? You know that ain't right don't you? :lol:
Last time I checked, you had a nearly flawlessly painted and nearly completed boat.
It will take me a few weeks to sail it down there. While I'd LOVE to be the idiot that sails a 12' row boat from Hilton head to ft Lauderdale, I'm pretty sure I'd be single and unemployed by the time I got home.

Seriously though... no real trailer planned. Even if I had a trailer no vehicle capable of towing. Was going to suggest to the boss that I rent a truck from enterprise but was intercepted with "that will be the PERFECT trip for you to take with Madge! Get your MG ready."

So I'm planning 2days of driving (probability of road side repairs: 236 (1 is simply not absolute enough)), riding passenger funding fuel in any vessel that will have me, and offering early morning wake up to any one crazy enough to split accommodations. Who's game?

Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:02 pm
by cape man
Pattie and are in. Just tried to call as you can't make a reservation online. Also sent an email.

Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:05 pm
by cape man
I will probably bring the OD18 and the SC16 so Jaysen you can take Hermine out if you want. I will warn you that that 2.5 hp Yamaha will burn at least a half gallon of gas over the weekend...

Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:08 pm
by Aripeka Angler
I can bring the strip canoe, it doesn't burn fuel.
It builds character :lol:

Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:00 pm
by Jaysen
I've no problem burning fuel or energy. Hermine and the canoe would get some time on the water if I had my way. It's hard to beat small and efficient boats for a way to meet God and fish. I've made peace with the former and make pieces of the later.

Seriously though, I'm pretty easy going. I'd love to just hang out and get to know you all in person. I'd be just as happy chatting while sanding a hull as I would fishing offshore. Either way cold beer with dinner and some stories over rum later in the evening is about the best way to end a day I can think of.

I'll grab a room this weekend. It will be just me for the trip so if anyone wants to split a double or if a few of us go in on a larger place I'm game.

Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:15 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Jasen, it will be great to have you at the meet.
Looking forward to meeting you and your first mate.
You have a spot on my boat for a ride or a fishing trip and I'll bring the strip canoe for you to use whenever you want.

Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:26 pm
by Jaysen
Thanks Richard. Only me this time. We are taking a cruise the first week of October which has been a long time dream of her's. Regretfully she doesn't have as much vacation time as I do. Lucky for me that means I'm free to fish, drink and stay up all night if I want too.

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:02 pm
by seaslug
I just made my reservation, and I'll be in cottage #22 for Friday and Saturday nights. Mike

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:17 pm
by Reid
Jaysen wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 11:23 am I think I'm in. Will be boatless. Willing to share space with folks. May be driving a 40yr old car.

Anyone looking to share room costs and doesn't mind a guy that will probably get up at 5:30a let me know.
Jayson,

I think we can help you out with a room. We are going to book House/cabin #18 which is a 4 bed/2 bath house w/ kitchen (Jeff will be taking one of the rooms). We would simply ask $150 total for both Friday and Saturday nights, Jeff would be covering the rest of the taxes and fees for those nights. We will hosting all the festivities right behind cabin #18 on the beach. Take a look at the site http://www.riverpalmcottages.com/cottages.htm and let me know if you would be interested in this option.

The same goes for anyone else looking to save a little money on the room rate and doesn't mind splitting a 4 bedroom house.

Reid

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:25 pm
by Reid
cape man wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 8:02 pm Pattie and are in. Just tried to call as you can't make a reservation online. Also sent an email.
Sounds good Cape Man!!! See you there!

Reid

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:26 pm
by Reid
seaslug wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 12:02 pm I just made my reservation, and I'll be in cottage #22 for Friday and Saturday nights. Mike
Awesome! I will know to stay clear of cabin #22 then!! :wink:

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:27 pm
by Aripeka Angler
I was beginning to wonder if my crew was going to have any company :wink:

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:29 pm
by Jaysen
Reid wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 1:17 pm
Jaysen wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 11:23 am I think I'm in. Will be boatless. Willing to share space with folks. May be driving a 40yr old car.

Jayson,

I think we can help you out with a room. We are going to book House/cabin #18 which is a 4 bed/2 bath house w/ kitchen (Jeff will be taking one of the rooms). We would simply ask $150 total for both Friday and Saturday nights, Jeff would be covering the rest of the taxes and fees for those nights. We will hosting all the festivities right behind cabin #18 on the beach. Take a look at the site http://www.riverpalmcottages.com/cottages.htm and let me know if you would be interested in this option.

The same goes for anyone else looking to save a little money on the room rate and doesn't mind splitting a 4 bedroom house.

Reid
Count one room occupied! Let me know how you want to settle up. I will only need about 1/2 a parking spot and can share with a boat. Can probably park ON a trailer as I'm sure that MG weighs less than a lot of those motors you guys use. :)

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:12 pm
by cape man
Confirmed. We are in cabin 19.

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:39 pm
by Fuzz
Well I seem to have a thirst for a good beer so I am in. Cabin #16 booked :D

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:30 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Fuzz wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 2:39 pm Well I seem to have a thirst for a good beer so I am in. Cabin #16 booked :D
Outstanding :D This time we are going to fish :wink:

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:45 pm
by Jaysen
What's the Florida fishing license situation? Available everyplace or one of those situations where you need a magic compass, secrete decoder ring, and a good grip on a pair of leprechaun nuts? (Think about it... see Fuzz, it's funny).

Also thinking the basic inshore light medium tackle is suitable. Let me know if that's a bad assumption.

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:02 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Jaysen wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 5:45 pm What's the Florida fishing license situation? Available everyplace or one of those situations where you need a magic compass, secrete decoder ring, and a good grip on a pair of leprechaun nuts? (Think about it... see Fuzz, it's funny).

Also thinking the basic inshore light medium tackle is suitable. Let me know if that's a bad assumption.
Florida fishing license available at https://gooutdoorsflorida.com/

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:46 pm
by Fuzz
You are on Richard. I followed your lead and will get there on Thursday.

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:10 pm
by Jaysen
Am I missing the day or week option? All I'm seeing is full year.

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:42 pm
by Fuzz
There is a 3 day option for $17 each for salt or fresh water. Not sure what we might be doing or if we will need both.

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:50 pm
by Jaysen
How did I miss that?

We be looking at salt unless we take an FS to the other side of the road. Given the planned liver pickling crossing a street could be dangerous. I expect we'll have more than enough exploring options right in the sound. That and we'll need to stay close to the ice machine so you can refill your pockets regularly. Are you sure you'll survive the blistering fall temps without your pack ice? 😁

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:56 pm
by cape man
Saltwater.

Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:56 am
by Aripeka Angler
Fuzz wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 7:46 pm You are on Richard. I followed your lead and will get there on Thursday.
Excellent 8) The nice lady in the office says we don't need a slip for the xf. I'm going to stake it out in a foot of water or beach it. No slip fee for parking a boat at the beach...

Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:19 pm
by Fuzz
Jaysen wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 8:50 pm How did I miss that?

We be looking at salt unless we take an FS to the other side of the road. Given the planned liver pickling crossing a street could be dangerous. I expect we'll have more than enough exploring options right in the sound. That and we'll need to stay close to the ice machine so you can refill your pockets regularly. Are you sure you'll survive the blistering fall temps without your pack ice? 😁
Nope..................too much heat is one of my biggest worries. By that time I will be used to below freezing temps so it does not take much heat to be too much for this boy.

Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:24 am
by majorgator
I'm booked for Friday thru Sunday. Might try to add Thursday later on...depending on life...
Will bring the XF and park her on the beach as well.

I booked a room with 2 queen beds. More than likely, my wife and family will not be joining me, so there may be an extra bed available OR I'd be willing to join in the house rental with the Bateau crew if the place books up and someone else from our group needs a room.

Jeff - see if you can change the name of the thread to include the location and dates

Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:06 pm
by Jeff
MajorGator, Good to hear from you and we will absolutely make the change the Thread Name and will include dates!! Jeff

Re: 2017 Southeast builder's meet at River Palms Cottage OCT 13-14th

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:58 pm
by Reid
Quick update on who I have as being confirmed/room booked for the Builder's Meet in October:
Aripeka Angler
Seaslug
Cape Man
Jaysen
Fuzz
Majorgator

I have Fishgitr down as a possible but not confirmed yet.

If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask via forum post, email (reid@e-boat.net), or call the shop (772-770-1225). Please try and book rooms early, the River Palm Cottage and Fish Camp http://www.riverpalmcottages.com/ is not a huge place, only 23 rooms/cottages. We still have room in our cottage (#18) if anyone is interested. It is a 4 bed/2 bath w/ kitchen right on the water, only $150 for both Friday and Saturday night. So far Jeff and Jaysen have rooms saved.

If you have booked a room or live close enough where you don't need a room please let me know so I can update my list.

Talk to you soon!!!
Reid

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:58 pm
by jacquesmm
I will be there, it's close to home. I may bring the foam GF16 (it's ugly but light), an FS12 (that needs new paint) and the JetAbout.
PS: anybody wants to buy the JetAbout? My backyard is full of boats.

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:02 pm
by cape man
what the heck ios a jet about?

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:27 pm
by Jeff
Cape Man, remember that Jet Boat that Joel & Jacques built a few years ago, that is the JetAbout Jacques is referring too!! Jeff

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:09 pm
by Reid
cape man wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:02 pm what the heck ios a jet about?
Here is a link to the Jetabout 18: http://bateau.com/proddetail.php?prod=JA18

Reid

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:33 pm
by fishgitr
I'll be there..

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:03 am
by Jeff
Glad you are going to attend Fishgitr!!! Jeff

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:19 am
by Eric1
I'm going do my best to attend.

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:18 am
by topwater
Jeff do you still have a room open in cabin # 18 ? If so i will take it , let me know.
I won't be bringing The NV , Barney The purple dinosaur , the 18 year old truck is not up to a road trip with the boat and trailer.
I have to get a couple more years out of it and the frame is not in good shape anymore " road salt" .

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:13 pm
by Jeff
TopWater, I am almost positive there is one room left!! Let me verify with Reid Monday morning and I will confirm back to you!! Sorry your NV won't be in attendance, it is a beautiful example of a build!!! Jeff

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:19 am
by topwater
Thanks Jeff, let me know.

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:27 am
by Jeff
TopWater, Yes, there is one room let in the cottage!! It will be Jaysen, Travis (fishgitr & girlfriend), you and I in the cottage!! It is a four bedroom, two bath cottage. Do you want me to confirm you?? Jeff

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:00 am
by stickystuff
I think it would be fitting to name this yrs get together as the Cracker Larry Memorial. Bring any pics of anything that Larry has done. I am sue there will be many war stories as well. :D

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:20 am
by topwater
Thanks Jeff i will take it . Should be fun .

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:30 am
by Jeff
TopWater, Perfect!! Reid has you locked for the last room!! Jeff

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:33 am
by Jeff
Stickystuff, good idea!! We will ensure some very kind words and memories are had regarding Cracker Larry in October!! Jeff

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:28 pm
by stickystuff
Will try my best to be there. My son lives in Hobe sound just a hop skip and a jump away. will have a bed waiting.

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:41 pm
by Reid
Topwater,

You are confirmed for the 4th room in cabin 18. We will be checking in some time before 5pm on the 13th. I will be in touch with you and the others in cabin 18 when it gets closer to Oct. 13th.
Talk to you soon,
Reid

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:30 pm
by Aripeka Angler
stickystuff wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:28 pm Will try my best to be there. My son lives in Hobe sound just a hop skip and a jump away. will have a bed waiting.
Looking forward to seeing you there. :wink:

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:20 pm
by Jeff
Stickystuff, I really hope you can make it!! Hone Sound is really close!!! Hope you and the wife are well!! Jeff

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:44 am
by Aripeka Angler
Has anyone done any inshore fishing in the area around River Palms?

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:14 am
by peter-curacao
So you all stay at River Palm Cottages and date Okt 13/14th is this still correct? are there people staying longer as the 2 days?
What's the latest updated list?

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:53 pm
by Aripeka Angler
peter-curacao wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:14 am So you all stay at River Palm Cottages and date Okt 13/14th is this still correct? are there people staying longer as the 2 days?
What's the latest updated list?
It only takes two to have a party :lol:
I sure hope you can make it. :)
My gang will be staying at RPC for 3-4 days.

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:46 pm
by Jeff
All, I will get you a complete update on who is attending next week. Reid is away until Tuesday next week and he has the details of who has confirmed!! Good turn-out so far and hope even more will join us!! Jeff

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:40 pm
by cape man
Before Reid gives his update wanted to let everyone know that Dori Teuton, Cracker Larry's wife is coming, which will really give us reason to raise a glass or two in his honor with her.

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:45 pm
by Jeff
Really good stuff Capeman!! I told Jacques earlier that she was coming!! He is thinking about what he wants to do!! Jeff

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:12 am
by BB Sig
That's it, I talked the wife into going for the day. We will be there Saturday. I told her Mrs. Cracker is coming and she said we should go for the day.

Let me know what time to get there and we will know when to leave.

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:17 pm
by Reid
Hey Guys, I hope all is well out there! Our thoughts and prayers are still with those who were impacted by hurricane Harvey. I know that will be an extensive recovery effort. I actually just returned from filling up gas cans in preparation for hurricane Irma.

Anyway, here is the latest update on who has confirmed their attendance for the 2017 Builder's Meet. As always, if you do not see your name on the list please email me (reid@e-boat.net) and let me know if you have a cabin at River Palms and who will be attending with you. I actually spoke with River Palms the other day and they told me that they are all booked up. They said to keep checking back b/c they do get cancellations. Also, if you would like to attend and need recommendations on where to stay please let me know, I have some other hotels nearby that would work.

Current attendees:
Aripeka Angler and family
Fishgitr
Seaslug
Cape Man
Jaysen
Fuzz
MajorGator
Eric 1
Dbalk
Topwater
BBSig
Walkers Run
Dori Teuton (CL's wife) (very glad she is going to make it!!!)

So far we have a great group attending but still have room to accommodate anyone who would like to attend. The itinerary has been posted (I believe it is on the second or third page) so please take a look if you have any questions. You can also email me (reid@e-boat.net)

Thank you all, stay safe, and I will see you in October!!!
Reid

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:28 pm
by Jaysen
Reid, what's the best airport and ground option? Need to explore "not driving" now that I'm a bit further away.

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:53 pm
by cape man
Orlando, West Palm, or Miami. West Palm is closest but hardest to get to (flights). Orlando and Miami are both about 3 hours away by car. Tampa is another option but about a 4 hour drive.

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:50 pm
by seaslug
Check out Sanford and Daytona as well. Sanford will probably be the least expensive option, and about 2 1/2 hour drive.

Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:56 am
by Browndog
That weekend is my wedding anniversary. Trying to talk the wife into going down for a quick anniversary trip.

Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:22 am
by narfi
Browndog wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:56 am That weekend is my wedding anniversary. Trying to talk the wife into going down for a quick anniversary trip.
"YOU want to spend MY anniversary hanging out with YOUR internet friends?!?!?!??!"

Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:06 pm
by Jaysen
narfi wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:22 am
Browndog wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:56 am That weekend is my wedding anniversary. Trying to talk the wife into going down for a quick anniversary trip.
"YOU want to spend MY anniversary hanging out with YOUR internet friends?!?!?!??!"
"Thank god! Get out of here and leave me alone."

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:37 am
by glossieblack
I'm wondering how the meet venue, River Palm Cottages at Jensens Beach, coped with Irma?

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:35 pm
by Jeff
Glossieblack, not absolutely sure yet but went by yesterday!! Lots of trees and foliage down and no power. No one from office was there. We will check back by weeks end and provide a report!! Looks like they will be fine with a little cleanup and POWER back on!! Jeff

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:17 pm
by Fuzz
Sounds like the meet is still a go? I would like to buy tickets unless I hear there is a problem.

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:55 pm
by stickystuff
Well, all is well on the sticky stuff side. Lost power for four days.Got it back on Wed. Morning. Got TV,computer back this morning. Thank God. Now I can watch my VOLS Play thr Gators again. :? wi.feq is doing well. She spent 9 days in hospital again with COPD problems. back in time to s e the storm roll in. we spent two nights in the Hampton Inn. LOst power at 1:30am. Came home Mon. Mon. Cranked up the old generator. ran it for two days until power came back on.All is well. I am afraid we won,t be able to make the meet this year.Due to wife's health problems we won,t be able to Abel far,even though it's only a 4 Jr. Drive. :o p

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:34 pm
by Jeff
Good to hear from you Sticky Stuff!! Jeff

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:14 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Fuzz wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:17 pm Sounds like the meet is still a go? I would like to buy tickets unless I hear there is a problem.
I just 5 minutes ago reached the manager of the Palm River Cottages via his cell phone.
He said their only issue currently is a lack of landline phone service.
No damage to the meet site.
The meet will go on as scheduled...

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:04 pm
by peter-curacao
Sorry guys I would love to be there but I don't think I'm gonna make it, life is about choices, recently bought a second house in the Dominican Republic, booked a 2017 Christmas vacation in Europe, there's just not enough meat left on the bone to do this, I would loved to see you guys and Dori again but as it looks for now it ain't gonna happen, hope you all have loads of fun though! I will think about you guys and galls and salud you 8)

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:36 pm
by Fuzz
Aripeka Angler wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:14 pm
Fuzz wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:17 pm Sounds like the meet is still a go? I would like to buy tickets unless I hear there is a problem.
I just 5 minutes ago reached the manager of the Palm River Cottages via his cell phone.
He said their only issue currently is a lack of landline phone service.
No damage to the meet site.
The meet will go on as scheduled...
Thanks for the information Richard. I am pretty sure you went out of your way for this. Man you are one busy guy :!:

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:57 am
by Aripeka Angler
Peter, I will miss you my friend. Sounds like you have a great vacation planned!
Fuzz, it was no big deal. I can only burn so much brush and tree stumps before I need a break. :D
If anyone needs to reach the meet site, use their local phone number. It is forwarded to a cell phone.
772-334-0401

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:02 pm
by Jeff
All, to follow-up from AA (Richard's) update, I just went by the River Palms facility and the entire place had been cleaned-up and looked great. No damage was visible and I talked with a few of the guys staying there now (they said Snook fishing was great). They said the only thing they were aware of was the phone issue that Richard mentioned. Reid or I will go by one morning this week and see the manager but all looks really good for our get-together!! Jeff

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:56 pm
by cape man
Peter will miss you.

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:04 pm
by Jaysen
Well... looks like I'm out. Amazing how much it costs to have good work done. House took a hit and since I can't do any of the work this time it's a big check. Add the new job and lack of accrued vacation and actually getting there became a problem.

I'm a bit bummed but I'd rather explain the situation than not show up.

Reid, let me know what I owe you guys.

Fuzz, I owe you more than a few drinks.

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:16 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Hi guys, I spoke with Dori Teuton tonight on the phone. Dori is Cracker Larry's widow.
In her typical Cracker Georgia style, she was more worried about our hurricane status than meet details.
After I assured her we were pretty much all fine, she said she is excited about coming to the meet.
Jeff, she will stay my family if that doesn't put you out. Dori will have her own private room in our house.
I meant to post this earlier but have been kind of out of touch with Irma prep and cleanup...

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:59 pm
by Fuzz
Jaysen we understand why you can not make it but I am sorry I will not get the chance to meet you. Good thing is with you and Peter not coming the chances of being housed by the State of Florida goes down exponentially :lol:

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:45 am
by Jeff
AA, No problem on Dori staying with you guys!! I look forward to meeting her since I never had any interaction with CL!! And with Jaysen out, we have a room open for anyone looking to come!! The place is completely sold out so let me know. Reid will update everyone tomorrow!! Thank you again AA!! Jeff

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:02 pm
by Browndog
Is there room for my wife and I to share a bed?

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:27 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Browndog wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:02 pm Is there room for my wife and I to share a bed?
Browndog, I actually talked to Jeff a little while ago.
With Jaysen having to unfortunately cancel and Dori staying with my family this should open up a room for you and your wife.
I hope you can make it, I'm enjoying keeping up with your build. 8)

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:39 pm
by Jeff
Browndog, would love to get you and the wife down here for the meet!! I think we all need a weekend break following IRMA!!! Jeff

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:28 pm
by Matt Gent
I've somehow just found this meet, right in my back yard!

I'll swing by in the DE25, maybe Friday afternoon/evening. The tiki hut there is a great spot to shoot the shit! I've stayed there for a couple stay-cations, and even hosted my wedding (to the now ex-wife) there.

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:14 pm
by Fuzz
Glad to know you are coming and really happy that you will bring the boat. I have been wanting to check one out.

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:26 pm
by Matt Gent
If anyone ends up stuck about rooms, or just needs to travel on the cheap, I've got a couple free back rooms at the house. I'm about 20 minutes West of River Palm. Send me a message.

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:18 pm
by Jeff
Matt, look forward to meeting you!! Any chance you can make it Saturday rather than Friday as I would like for you to attend the cookout with us!! Jeff

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:30 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Have we made any plans for food?
I can bring fish, frozen fish or we can catch some fish. :lol:
In lieu of fish, fresh shrimp or crabs would work also.
Let me know if I need to bring anything. :D

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:35 am
by cape man
Likewise. Friday and Saturday?

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:43 pm
by Reid
Hello Everyone,

I am glad to see everyone is still excited about the Meet!!
Jaysen, I am sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it. We were looking forward to having you here. Please don't worry about the room. We will take care of that.
Richard, I have taken note that Dori will be staying with you and not in cabin 18. No problem at all.

Here is where we stand: Everything is still a go! The River Palms Cottages are in good shape, property is cleaned up and the pool is crystal clear!! The last time I checked, the River Palms Cottages were all booked up for that weekend. However, we now have 2 rooms still available in cabin #18. This is 4 bed/2 bath cabin with a living room and kitchen right on the water. Please contact me via email (reid@e-boat.net) or phone (772-770-1225) if you would like to secure one of the rooms for Friday and Saturday. The cost of the room is $150 (includes both nights). So far I have Topwater and Fishgitr confirmed for Cabin #18

Here is the itinerary:
Friday, October 13th - 6:30pm Welcome Reception on the beach at the River Palms Cottages/Fish Camp. We will have some beer and water on ice. Please feel free to bring what you would like to eat or drink. Very casual!
Saturday, October 14th - The day is yours to fish and relax. Please join us at 5pm for a cookout at the River Palms property. Beer and water will be on ice. We will be providing some protein to grill but please bring side items or fish to share.

Both the Friday and Saturday night events will be held on the water behind cabin #18. We are not permitted to use the Tiki Hut on property. There is another group having an event that has reserved the Tiki Hut. For our size group, there is plenty of room behind Cabin #18.

As far as food is concerned, let's get a running list of what everyone would like to bring. There are several grocery stores nearby to pick up anything you need.

Thank you everyone!!
Reid

PS: Here is a little fishing teaser of what is in store for you!!! Caught this one a few weeks ago.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:57 pm
by Jaysen
Cruel. Absolutely cruel. Not fair putting that pic up.

Hope you all have a great time.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:17 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Hi Reid,
The itinerary sounds good. I'll bring or catch some fish for the cookouts.
Jeff,
Can you bring some product to the meet for me?
I need 6 gallons of flotation foam.
What I don't use on "Bare Bones", I'll use on the oft neglected Plyak build.
Jaysen, no whining allowed. :lol:
Just kidding, see you at the next meet...

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:52 pm
by Fuzz
If wanted I could bring some sockeye that SWMBO caught. Little short on Halibut this year :cry:

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:58 pm
by Jeff
Richard, absolutely!!! Fish sounds great and yes, I will bring you the buoyancy foam!!!
Fuzz, would love to have some sockeye!!! Just need to teach us how to cook it on the grill!!! Really look forward to seeing all of you!! Jeff

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:38 pm
by Jaysen
Sockeye on the grill is easy.

First you open a bottle of rum or Tennessee whiskey. Sip a bit right out of the bottle to make sure it's "the good stuff". Get a grill situated but don't fire it up. A couple of lawn chairs and a decent cooler for footrest/table is helpful. Now get a bucket of crushed ice. Make sure the bucket is big enough for your bottle AND a few glasses. Embed the bottle and the glasses in the ice. Then you get a decent fire started in the grill. While that's getting reddy you pour a little of the chilled rum/whiskey into your glasses. Be careful not to waste any of the liquor. You'll need all of it. Drink the glasses empty (put back into ice between sips). Refill glasses and sit around the grill telling stories waiting for the grill to hit the perfect temp. You'll probably need a few more rounds before the grill is perfect so just refill, have a good time and enjoy the company of the guys. About the time that bottle is empty a SWMBO will come get the fish, take it inside and make it edible. If your lucky she won't notice the second bottle going into the ice.

If my memory is correct that recipe spans every generation and culture.

:)

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:01 pm
by BB Sig
I'm out. My brother called last night and said he's getting married. On. That. Weekend. :( What kind of brother gives another brother two weeks notice?! I tried talking him into going to Vegas but he said no. :doh: Next year it will have to be. I was looking forward to meeting everyone and Dori especially. :cry:

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:59 pm
by Jaysen
BB Sig wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:01 pm I'm out. My brother called last night and said he's getting married. On. That. Weekend. :( What kind of brother gives another brother two weeks notice?! I tried talking him into going to Vegas but he said no. :doh: Next year it will have to be. I was looking forward to meeting everyone and Dori especially. :cry:
My wife and I gave everyone ... 7 days. 6 really, but we like to make ourselves feel better and call it 7. So... I'm that guy too.

[start humor]
BB, my condolences to your brother.
[end humor]

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:54 pm
by Fuzz
As my married buddies told me when they found out I was getting married "Good there is no reason you should be happy" Only later did I come to fully realise what I was being told :help:

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:17 am
by gonandkarl
Hi BBsig,
That is really bad from your brother. You could have attended the meeting if he would have gotten married like me, on a Monday when I did not feel to go to work but rather fetched my fiancee from an overnight flight from London and married her at lunchtime in Johannesburg magistrates court with 2 paid unemployees as wedding witnesses and informed all her and my relatives afterwards. Its not the time between the announcing and marrying that counts but the time after the wedding. In my case 43 years and not being a friend of big celebrations I celebrated my 70 th birthday at last Southeast builders meet. So you see it is never too late to join all our nice fellow builders in a future builders meet.
Greetings from Karl

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:41 pm
by Reid
Here is an updated list of who is attending. If you are planning on coming and do not see your name please let me know and also let me know where you are staying. For the "locals": if you would like to pop in for the day we would love to have you! The best day/time to pop in would be Saturday afternoon/evening for the cookout.

Dori Teuton (CL's Wife)
Aripeka Angler
Fishgitr
Seaslug
Cape man
Fuzz
Majorgator
Topwater
Walkers Run
dbalk (not confirmed yet)

Talk to you soon,
Reid

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:28 pm
by cape man
For communal food it would be good to have a head count beyond the builders listed. I am bringing my wife, Pattie. Am planning to bring some BBQ wild hog.

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:40 pm
by Browndog
Reid,

Looks like we can make it! My wife Laura and I would like to take one of the bedrooms in the cabin if it is still available. It is our Wedding anniversary on that Friday. This will be a nice way to celebrate. I'll bring a bottle of red wine for my wife and some bourbon for myself. Happy to contribute for food.

We'll bring the two kayaks that I made with us and a couple of fishing rods. Would love to join up with anyone that is going fishing.

See y'all in a few weeks.

Best regards,
Jordy Evans

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:58 pm
by Fuzz
Fuzz plus the boss :D

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:04 pm
by Jaysen
Fuzz wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:58 pm the boss plus fuzz :D
I fixed it. You know she'd make you stay home if she wasn't feeling generous.

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:51 pm
by Aripeka Angler
This is the way we have done the who's coming, whatcha bringing thing over the past 10 years. I copied and pasted the list below from the last page with some tweaks. Copy/paste and add what you are bringing and who is coming.

Dori Teuton (CL's Wife)
Aripeka Angler, Sandi, Harrison and Paulina. Also my XF20 "Red Alert" and maybe my strip canoe.
Fishgitr
Seaslug
Capeman and Pattie. OD18 "Clara" and SC16 "Hermine".
Fuzz and the "Boss"
Majorgator and his XF20.
Topwater
Walkers Run
Browndog and Laura. Bringing two custom built kayaks.

I don't see Reid, Jeff or Jacques on the list. :wink:

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:10 am
by Capt UB
I'm coming solo. Well if I can find a campground (tent), that's pup friendly. No boat yet.

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:33 am
by Larry B
Looks like it's going to be great times :D , sure wish I could make it, and I do hope to make a meet one of these years. I'd really like to bring my OD18, (AKA ARIZONA SUNSET) and put her in some of those waters :D I love road trips but 2300 miles one way is just too far this year.
Oh well, just be sure to post up some pictures of the meet, I sure do love to see ya'll having a great time and fishing and looking at the boats.
I'll be here at home watching :D :D

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:18 am
by 94'325is
I spoke with my wife this morning and it looks like our schedule has cleared up enough that we will be able to make it down for the day on Saturday. Planning on leaving Orlando Saturday morning w/ boat in tow and heading back after the festivities Saturday evening/night. Please let me know what I can bring, I'm figuring on bringing some type of side dish/beverages/hopefully what we catch on Saturday but any other suggestions are welcome. Looking forward to it!

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:06 am
by Reid
Hey everyone,

I like AA's suggestion to keep a rolling list of who is coming and what you are bringing.

Dori Teuton (CL's Wife)
Aripeka Angler, Sandi, Harrison and Paulina. Also my XF20 "Red Alert" and maybe my strip canoe.
Fishgitr
Seaslug
Capeman and Pattie. OD18 "Clara" and SC16 "Hermine".
Fuzz and the "Boss"
Majorgator and his XF20.
Topwater
Walkers Run
Browndog and Laura. Bringing two custom built kayaks.
Capt UB
94'325is
Reid, bringing Seaslug's FS14LS
Jeff, protein to grill, beer, water
Jamie
Jacques

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:52 pm
by Jeff
Add fishgitr's girlfriend (and maybe his FS18 with him as well??) Jeff

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:56 pm
by seaslug
My wife, Renae, will be coming along, and we'll have the FS18. Plan on getting there early Friday morning to do some fishing. Reid, any suggestions on where to launch where we might find some Snook and Trout? Wish I could bring the SK14 as well, but that would mean driving 2 cars down. We'll bring a side dish also. Mike

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:10 am
by Capt UB
Hope to see a FS14 at the Builders Meet.
I have decided to build the FS14, was looking at FS14ls. Was wondering if I could pickup the CnC Kit and Epoxy Kit durning the meet or just order online? I don't know the time needed to put an order together. I will be coming down early for Saturday only.
Thanks, Bob.

Not sure of what to bring, food or drinks...cookies cake???

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:47 am
by majorgator
Jaysen wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:38 pm Sockeye on the grill is easy.

First you open a bottle of rum or Tennessee whiskey. Sip a bit right out of the bottle to make sure it's "the good stuff". Get a grill situated but don't fire it up. A couple of lawn chairs and a decent cooler for footrest/table is helpful. Now get a bucket of crushed ice. Make sure the bucket is big enough for your bottle AND a few glasses. Embed the bottle and the glasses in the ice. Then you get a decent fire started in the grill. While that's getting reddy you pour a little of the chilled rum/whiskey into your glasses. Be careful not to waste any of the liquor. You'll need all of it. Drink the glasses empty (put back into ice between sips). Refill glasses and sit around the grill telling stories waiting for the grill to hit the perfect temp. You'll probably need a few more rounds before the grill is perfect so just refill, have a good time and enjoy the company of the guys. About the time that bottle is empty a SWMBO will come get the fish, take it inside and make it edible. If your lucky she won't notice the second bottle going into the ice.

If my memory is correct that recipe spans every generation and culture.

:)
Jaysen, with that recipe, I can tell you and Larry would have hit it off :D

I'll be solo...just me and the ole girl XF. Hard to believe it's been more than 5 years since I splashed her.
Last year I brought a charcoal grill and happy to do the same again this year. Not sure what food items I'll be adding to the mix, but it'll be good whatever it is. Gonna drag her out of the barn this weekend and get her cleaned up. Might even change those 6 year old Wal-Mart batteries that haven't given me an ounce of trouble 8)

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:32 am
by Reid
seaslug wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:56 pm My wife, Renae, will be coming along, and we'll have the FS18. Plan on getting there early Friday morning to do some fishing. Reid, any suggestions on where to launch where we might find some Snook and Trout? Wish I could bring the SK14 as well, but that would mean driving 2 cars down. We'll bring a side dish also. Mike
Seaslug,

There is a ramp about 1/4 mile south of River Palms. Snook are in a bunch of different locations. If you get some live mullet early in the morning, you can live bait along the docks in the St. Lucie River. You can also head out to the inlet and try along the south bank "Hole in the Wall" before you get to the inlet. In the Indian River, there are some grass flats north of river palms where you can usually get some trout.

Reid

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:58 pm
by Capt UB
Is it ok to post to FB this meet? I was going to post it on TMS.
There are a few who were following my Chalmette build, now they are waiting on my FS 14 build. The meet would give them a hands on look at Bateau boats.

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:10 am
by Jeff
CPT UB, feel free to post but this is for our forum members and builders. Jeff

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:48 pm
by Fuzz
In reading other threads it sounds like the Bateau shop is not too far from the meet place, is this correct? And you will be open on Friday? If this is all true I might want to drop by just to be nosey if that is allowed?

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:57 pm
by Jeff
Fuzz, Absolutely my friend!! Would be glad to have you up!! We are going to be here about another 8 months and then I want to buy a building rather than continue renting!! Happy for you to come up!! Actually, I have to come to the shop on Saturday morning to load a kit for Capt UB by mid-morning. I could pick you up and then just drive up with me and then back to River Palms after showing you around!! Jeff

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 pm
by Fuzz
Thanks for the offer Jeff :!: Not sure yet what the plans are, maybe some fishing? But no matter what I would love to see you guys set up. I love it when I see new stuff to work with, could be trouble for me :help:

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:16 pm
by seaslug
Be very careful Fuzz. You may be tempted to buy a CNC kit for another boat, and than you'll need a much bigger suitcase for the return flight.

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:07 pm
by Fuzz
Heck if the wind dont blow and the sun shines two days in a row we might stay down there :lol: I am not saying it has been raining a bunch here but I have these growing in my lawn.Image
Pretty good sized mushrooms to be in the lawn. :help:

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:50 am
by TomW1
Are those mushrooms edible.?

Tom

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:53 am
by majorgator
Folks, I'm going to have to change my plans for the meet. I have work conflict on Friday and an apparent obligation for something on Sunday. I still would like to drive down on Saturday and hang out for a few hours in the evening. This being the case, I will not be bringing the boat or needing a room. Before I cancel my room, does anyone need it?? Its a simple hotel-style room on the cheaper end of the scale, 2 beds.

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:31 pm
by Fuzz
TomW1 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:50 am Are those mushrooms edible.?

Tom
Had to check with the wife. she says NO.

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:53 pm
by peter-curacao
Fuzz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:31 pm
TomW1 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:50 am Are those mushrooms edible.?

Tom
Had to check with the wife. she says NO.
Magic mushrooms that's gonna be a heck of a builders meet, say high to Lucy from me :P

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:40 pm
by Fuzz
:lol:

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:52 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Those are some funny looking mushrooms.
They look like boobs, butts and balls :lol:
I've been working too much, it doesn't take too much to amuse me. :D

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:33 pm
by peter-curacao
Aripeka Angler wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:52 pm Those are some funny looking mushrooms.
They look like boobs, butts and balls :lol:
I've been working too much, it doesn't take too much to amuse me. :D
You all see that? looks to me you already ate some of those :P 8O :lol:

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:01 pm
by Eric1
Damn, I hate I'm going to miss this meet.

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:04 pm
by Fuzz
Eric1 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:01 pm Damn, I hate I'm going to miss this meet.
Have them tape you back together and come on down. We are going to need some semi-sane folks to help keep this bunch in line :lol: Think I will bring a little halibut just in case Doc drops in on us out of the blue.

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:08 am
by Capt UB
Will be picking up FS14 kits this Saturday. I will not be able to go to meetup. By the time I get there most will be out on the their boats. I don't drive well at night, so staying till the cookout, then leaving would not be safe. I do need to be in Home Sunday morning for Church. Hope everybody has a great time, I will post photo's of build.

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:12 am
by topwater
Well you would be in good company i don't think any of us would be able to drive very well after the cookout :wink:

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:33 am
by seaslug
I don't do well driving at night either, so I understand completely, but you will be missing a nice get together. Maybe next year you can attend with your finished boat. Good luck with your build. Mike

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:55 am
by Capt UB
topwater wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:12 am Well you would be in good company i don't think any of us would be able to drive very well after the cookout :wink:
Thank you. Be safe. And I am sorry about what happened.

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:56 am
by Capt UB
seaslug wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:33 am I don't do well driving at night either, so I understand completely, but you will be missing a nice get together. Maybe next year you can attend with your finished boat. Good luck with your build. Mike
Thank you, have fun. Tell TomW1 sorry about the bs.

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:17 pm
by Reid
majorgator wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:53 am Folks, I'm going to have to change my plans for the meet. I have work conflict on Friday and an apparent obligation for something on Sunday. I still would like to drive down on Saturday and hang out for a few hours in the evening. This being the case, I will not be bringing the boat or needing a room. Before I cancel my room, does anyone need it?? Its a simple hotel-style room on the cheaper end of the scale, 2 beds.
Majorgator,
Sorry to hear that you won't be able to stay very long but glad you will still be coming down for Saturday evening!

See you on Saturday,
Reid

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:19 pm
by Reid
Capt UB wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:08 am Will be picking up FS14 kits this Saturday. I will not be able to go to meetup. By the time I get there most will be out on the their boats. I don't drive well at night, so staying till the cookout, then leaving would not be safe. I do need to be in Home Sunday morning for Church. Hope everybody has a great time, I will post photo's of build.
Capt UB,

I will definitely see you on Saturday morning for the kit pickup. Not sure if you want to take advantage of Majorgator's open room at River Palms Cottages but as you read earlier, it is available.

Reid

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:39 pm
by Reid
Hello everyone,

First off, I wanted to let everyone know that we had a very successful trip to the Florida Sportsman Expo in Tampa, FL over the weekend. Jeff and I set up a booth and brought Seaslug's FS14_LS. It was a big hit!!! We had one of the founders of Florida Sportsman Magazine spend some time with us and wants to discuss doing more at the next show, we even had interest/inquiries from other boat manufacturers about purchasing a kit to build for themselves!!! Thank you to our builders who came out and stopped by to show their support, it is always appreciated!

Ok, back to the Builder's Meet. With the meet only days away, we have had some late additions and cancellations (unfortunately). We welcome the newcomers and are sorry to see that some are unable to attend this year. We still have one room available in the Boat Builder Central cabin (#18). Please contact me if you are interested. Also, MajorGator will be cancelling his room so that cabin will be available as well. Please reach Fisout to MajorGator if you want to secure that room.

Keep posting what each of you plans on bringing to the event. Once again, we are not planning a cookout for Friday evening, just a few cocktails and beers, food will be on your own that night. Saturday will be the main cookout and gathering. Hopefully we have some fresh caught fish to eat!!!

Fishing forecast: I have seen plenty of reports of some nice snook being caught. We have had quite a bit of rain down here and Lake Okeechobee is extremely high, this results in discharges of the lake thru Hoover Dyke into the St. Lucie River. I have personally seen tons of mullet running in the Indian River so bait should be pretty easy to come by if you get up early Saturday morning. There is a local bait and tackle shop, "Snook Nook", a few minutes away from River Palms Cottages. They would be a good contact for some local knowledge and current fishing conditions, 772-334-2145.

Sorry for the long winded message. See you all on Saturday!

Reid

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:36 pm
by 94'325is
Thank you for the information on bait and fishing conditions. For those of us who are coming down for the day on Saturday, where is the best place to launch and/or park? My wife and I will be heading down from Orlando and we will probably be getting in around 9-10am. I apologize if this has been covered already but I figured it would be easier to ask again.

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:05 pm
by jacquesmm
There is boat ramp about 1 mile north of it, along the Jensen Beach causeway.
You have to get on the bridge, the ramp is along the bridge.

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:22 pm
by Jeff
Jacques is correct and there is another ramp about one mile south of River Palms!! Jeff

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:41 am
by stickystuff
sorry I also wont be able to make it. I am scheduled to work Friday, Sat. and 3 hrs on sunday. would have loved to be there and meet Mrs Cracker., as well as other new builders. THOUGHT i was retired. Hmmm. I work at a camp ground in Homosassa a mile down the road from our last meet. Enjoy and stay safe all. :(

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:33 am
by 94'325is
Thanks for the ramp info. Last question: How is parking usually? I'd prefer to be down there as early as possible but realistically I will be getting down there closer to 10-11am. I know the ramps around here get slammed and parking is tough but every ramp is different.

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:10 am
by Reid
94'325is wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:33 am Thanks for the ramp info. Last question: How is parking usually? I'd prefer to be down there as early as possible but realistically I will be getting down there closer to 10-11am. I know the ramps around here get slammed and parking is tough but every ramp is different.
There is generally plenty of parking at either ramp location. The ramp to the south of River Palms is closer. Also, if you are staying at river palms, you can tie up to their dock, anchor in the shallow water right out back of the cottages and keep your trailer in a dirt lot on the River Palms property.

Reid

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:28 am
by cape man
Pattie and I should be there mid day on Friday and leaving Sunday. Bringing some barbecue pork and rolls. Is someone taking care of plates, etc.?

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:37 am
by Reid
cape man wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:28 am Pattie and I should be there mid day on Friday and leaving Sunday. Bringing some barbecue pork and rolls. Is someone taking care of plates, etc.?
Jeff and I will take care of all the cups, plates, utensils, napkins/paper towels, etc...

Good thinking though!!!

Reid

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:09 pm
by Jeff
Cape man, Did you receive my email regarding the Yamaha motor? Jeff

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:51 pm
by cape man
Yeah...just read it. Bummer!

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:04 pm
by Artesian18
Re: The 2017 River Palms Cottage Meet OCT 13-14th.
Hello, my name is "Doc" and I would like to introduce myself as I am a new member of Bateau2 Builder Forum. I absolutely love building boats!!! After much thought and research, I am almost positive I have decided on Starting now and building the OD 18. I have a lot of experience building boats already, and I want this one! -- for it will suit every purpose I need it for.
Most co-incidentally, is that I was researching more about the boat, the Beteau website/company and it's tech support and I found out about the Builder's Meet of 2017 and I am very interested in attending the weekend event. I am sure that I can meet a lot of people, network, and most importantly Pick the brains of the one's who have already been through what I'm about to undertake (building the OD18). I want to recall the people I meet in regard to future communications, advice, etc (place a face with the name, and vice versa).
I just think maybe it would be worth my while to attend? So....
Will it be worthwhile for me to attend even if I don't have a boat? I see there is going to be other OD18 and similar boats there?
Would someone please help and describe what the meet is like, and if Newby Beginners to Bateau2 Builders will be noticed?, is it possible to be sponsored around at first etc., (welcomed and shown around and kinda "adopted" so to speak) so I can get out on the water and see what and why the boats I'm about to build are so addictive?
All this happened so fast for me today, and now, for me to potentially plan this trip from Orlando. I need help in feedback and what to expect.
Mahalo!
Sincerely,
"Doc"

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:36 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Artesian18 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:04 pm Re: The 2017 River Palms Cottage Meet OCT 13-14th.
Hello, my name is "Doc" and I would like to introduce myself as I am a new member of Bateau2 Builder Forum. I absolutely love building boats!!! After much thought and research, I am almost positive I have decided on Starting now and building the OD 18. I have a lot of experience building boats already, and I want this one! -- for it will suit every purpose I need it for.
Most co-incidentally, is that I was researching more about the boat, the Beteau website/company and it's tech support and I found out about the Builder's Meet of 2017 and I am very interested in attending the weekend event. I am sure that I can meet a lot of people, network, and most importantly Pick the brains of the one's who have already been through what I'm about to undertake (building the OD18). I want to recall the people I meet in regard to future communications, advice, etc (place a face with the name, and vice versa).
Will it be worthwhile for me to attend even if I don't have a boat? I see there is going to be other OD18 and similar boats there?
Would someone please help and describe what the meet is like, and if Newby Beginners to Bateau2 Builders will be noticed?, is it possible to be sponsored around at first etc., (welcomed and shown around and kinda "adopted" so to speak) so I can get out on the water and see what and why the boats I'm about to build are so addictive?
All this happened so fast for me today, and now, for me to potentially plan this trip from Orlando. I need help in feedback and what to expect.
Mahalo!
Sincerely,
"Doc"
Welcome Doc. :D
If I were you, I would come to this meet.
It's free other than the gas it takes to get to Jensen Beach.
There will be an OD18 and her Captain at the meet.
Also, there will be an OD18 builder from AK at the meet. He didn't bring his boat for obvious reasons.
We are a friendly and welcoming bunch, so come on over.
If you show up Saturday and don't see too many boats, be patient.
A few of the guys will be fishing and messing about on the water during the day.

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:36 pm
by Artesian18
Thank You Richard!
As I suspected, coming to the meet can only be a good thing! I appreciate your feedback and reply back.

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:50 pm
by seaslug
Doc, You're definitely welcome, and would crazy to not attend if you're planning on building a boat. It's a pretty easy going bunch of guys, and everyone will be happy to answer any questions you may have prior to starting your build. Welcome to the forum, see you this weekend. Mike

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:55 pm
by Jeff
Doc, welcome to the Builders Forum!! As already said, you will find a really nice group of guys & gals who really help each other with support, guidance and yes, needed direction from time to time!!! The get-together is completely informal and we just hang-out for the weekend, talk Boats and Boat building and some of us even have an adult beverage or two!!! Again, welcome and hope to meet you on Saturday!! Jeff

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:07 pm
by seaslug
Jeff and Reid, Looks like we can expect some wet weather, do you guys have enough easy up's for everyone to sit under in case we have some serious rain? I've got a 10'x10' if you want me to bring it down with me. We'll be bringing a home cooked Spinach Artichoke dip with toasted French bread for a side dish. Mike

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:43 pm
by Jeff
Mike, yes, please bring it!! We also have a 10 x 10 so two of them should have us covered!! Thank you, Jeff

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:18 pm
by cape man
Doc,
I'll give you the helm of an OD18.

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:45 pm
by Artesian18
Aloha Cape Man!
Thanks for the reply and the offer! I will!
I really am trying/going to finagle a way to get to this Builders meet and I have a feeling a lot of my questions will be answered regarding the build without me not even having to ask. With my experience level with building and my interest in this OD18 project, I may fit right in! Also, its uncanny and coincidental the meet is going on just as I am in Florida for a bit, and just as I was just about to inquire more into the plans, materials etc for the OD18.
Sincerely,...
"Doc"
Everyone on this forum is so friendly and helpful!

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:51 am
by cape man
Bringing a pop up shelter as well.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 am
by topwater
Jeff what time are you going to be there to check in ? I thought you said around 5 pm . If so so i guess i'll be the guy stumbling
around the parking lot with a beer in my hand until you show up :wink: I should be there early in the afternoon.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:39 am
by 94'325is
Good question Doc, I was wondering about what the general plan for meeting/looking at the other boats would be if just coming on for the day. It sounds like River Palms is the general meeting place and people will be filtering in and out all day. I'm really looking forward to seeing all of the other boats I've become so familiar with through the forum.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:44 am
by Reid
Artesian18 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:04 pm Re: The 2017 River Palms Cottage Meet OCT 13-14th.
Mahalo!
Sincerely,
"Doc"
Doc,

Welcome to the Builder's Forum. My name is Reid, I work at Boat Builder Central/Bateau. We would love to have you at the Builder's Meet. You will see that it is pretty informal and really just a great group of boat building enthusiasts!!! You really couldn't ask for a better chance to see the boats in person, take a ride, and talk to the people who built them. Please take a look back at the first few pages of the thread to see the itinerary. Saturday would be the best day to come by, we are having a cookout that evening. There may be some rooms still available at the River Palms Cottages if you would like to stay the night.
I look forward to meeting you!
Reid

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:51 am
by Reid
topwater wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 am Jeff what time are you going to be there to check in ? I thought you said around 5 pm . If so so i guess i'll be the guy stumbling
around the parking lot with a beer in my hand until you show up :wink: I should be there early in the afternoon.
Topwater,

We can't check in any earlier than 3 pm on Friday. I will plan on being there no later than 3pm. No worries about the beer, it's 5 o'clock somwhere!!!

Reid

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:03 am
by Reid
Hey everyone,

Quick update:
Only a couple day away so I hope everyone has their tanks filled and tackle squared away. It looks like we may have a chance of a shower or two. The weather looks good on Friday evening for reception. Rain chances go up to 60% on Saturday morning, so bring some rain gear if you plan on fishing. The rain chances drop down to 30%-40% for Saturday evening's cookout. We will have our 10x10 canopy tent and I know a few others will have their tents as well. I plan on getting to River Palms by 3pm on Friday for check-in and will be around all weekend. Jeff will be running up to the shop on Saturday morning to assist a few customers with their order pick-up. For those who are planning on attending for the day, there is a dirt parking/trailer lot on the North end of the River Palms Cottages property. Since parking is limited in front of the rooms, I would suggest parking there.
Thank you all for the great communication and questions, I will see you on Friday!!! If you have any immediate concerns please give me a call at the shop 772-770-1225.

Reid

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:01 am
by jacquesmm
I will bring a second canopy.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:42 pm
by cape man
If anyone needs to find the Bateau group, just look for all the canopies!!! :D :D :D :D

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:23 pm
by peter-curacao
cape man wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:42 pm If anyone needs to find the Bateau group, just look for all the canopies!!! :D :D :D :D
And beer coolers, BBQ's icebuckets,cocktails and people standing like this, :D Image

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:26 pm
by Capt UB
How things can change...

I'll be coming down Friday, to pickup both FS14 kits (ply and epoxy) at the shop, then to the meet. I was able to get a room for Friday night.

Can I bring anything for Friday night and Saturday morning breakfast?

Text me at 386-843-9688

Bob.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:26 pm
by Reid
Is anyone planning on bringing a grill with them? If not, i'm sure we can get our hands on one.

Reid

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:53 pm
by Capt UB
Reid wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:26 pm Is anyone planning on bringing a grill with them? If not, i'm sure we can get our hands on one.

Reid
I don't think It will fix on the trailer with the boat kits!
0624172035.jpg

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:56 pm
by Matt Gent
If the weather is looking decent on Friday afternoon I'll bring my little grill along to throw on some burgers & dogs to help absorb some of the beer.

DE25 rides for anyone that wants one.

Matt

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:21 pm
by peter-curacao
Guys & gals, drive and be safe but mostly have load of FUN tomorrow and this weekend 8) 8)

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:00 pm
by Fuzz
Here now yellow number 16. Stop by, have beer talk boats.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:08 pm
by cape man
Loaded up. See y'all mañana.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:27 pm
by Jaysen
Fuzz wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:00 pm Here now yellow number 16. Stop by, have beer talk boats.
Some days I hate my life.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:45 pm
by Fuzz
WiFi here sucks. They were racing sail boats here today. Blowing about 30.lots of rolled boats. Would have loved to see Lol Big out there today

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:57 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Fuzz wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:45 pm WiFi here sucks.
It must have been hanging out with my starboard motor and wireless router :lol:

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:07 pm
by Jaysen
Fuzz wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:45 pm WiFi here sucks. They were racing sail boats here today. Blowing about 30.lots of rolled boats. Would have loved to see Lol Big out there today
Making me hate my life more. And now the boss lady is mad at you for it. Which means you fit right in with my normal associates.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:13 pm
by Fuzz
Tv is from Hudson too. Jansen is ok if she there and mad. Here. Not so good.

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:11 am
by cape man
They are calling for 10 today and 12 tomorrow but the east winds are here for awhile.

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:59 am
by Jeff
Fuzz, lets talk tonight and let me know if you still want to stop by the shop on Saturday!! See you guys later!! Jeff

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:22 am
by Capt UB
Jeff,

All loaded up, gassed up, trailer hooked up and ready for meet up!

Should be at shop no later then 3:30? I may need to pickup a bag of wood flour for the NC16, going to build it as practice.

I don't know If I should pickup anything for tonight, beer, wine, food or ? Let me know.

Bob.

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:29 am
by Jaysen
Fuzz wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:13 pm Tv is from Hudson too. Jansen is ok if she there and mad. Here. Not so good.
Looks like fuzz got a head start on the party!

I may send her your way fuzz. She's starting to be a bit... burdensome. Not sure what I did wrong other than not make the cruise long enough for her to figure out where to dispose of my body. :)

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:42 am
by Jeff
Capt UB, See you around 3:30 at the shop!! Nothing special this evening, no dinner or cookout on the agenda so on your own tonight!! Just a get-together for a few beers and introductions tonight. Reid will be there from about 3:00 PM on and will assist anyone with anything they may need!! See you later, Jeff

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:32 am
by Capt UB
Jeff wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:42 am Capt UB, See you around 3:30 at the shop!! Nothing special this evening, no dinner or cookout on the agenda so on your own tonight!! Just a get-together for a few beers and introductions tonight. Reid will be there from about 3:00 PM on and will assist anyone with anything they may need!! See you later, Jeff
OK.

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:26 pm
by Browndog
We are bringing 10 pounds of fresh local Georgia shrimp to share with all y'all.

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:43 pm
by peter-curacao
5 o clock somewhere also over here so cheers guys ! hope you guys are having fun 8)

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:05 pm
by Eric1
Best Wishes and Have some Fun! :D

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:22 pm
by Capt UB
She is on her way home!
1013172110~2.jpg
What a great group of people. I'm glad I got a room and stayed. Thanks to all of you.

Bob.

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:25 pm
by Browndog
Great to meet everybody. Lots of fun so far.

Some of the boats that were brought to the get together:

1619]

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:47 am
by Jeff
Good morning all!! Headed over to River Palms shortly to find Fuzz!! Should be there by about 10:00. Good luck to all of you fishing!! Jeff

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:52 am
by Jaysen
browndog wrote: 1619
Fuzz, you shouldn't be drinking so much that you knock Hermine off her trailer!

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:27 am
by peter-curacao
Thank you Browndog for the pictures, hope to see a lot more 8)

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:45 am
by Artesian18
Aloha Everyone at the Meet! , it's newby "Doc" (from Maui, but currently visiting Florida)

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the builder's meet. I tried so hard to get there from Ocala, Florida! Murphy has it that my Chevy truck is in the shop this very co-incidental weekend. So, I was relying on another person to come with me , give me a ride, to get me down there 3 hrs away. Of course a lot of times when you rely on others, there are always monkey-wrenches and malarkey -- so I don't usually rely on other's. And getting down to Jensen Beach didn't work out.
However, I want to thank everyone for their initial responses, welcoming me and reinforcing my inquiries that I should definitely attend the builder's meet (especially because I am in Florida this year).

Keep the photo's posting please! It looks like I missed out big time!
Mahalo,
"D"

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:28 am
by peter-curacao
Lot's of car rentals in Florida :P

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:44 am
by jacquesmm
Peter: they still talk about the maatjes. First thing somebody asked when I walked in was "did you bring any maatjes?".

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:50 am
by peter-curacao
jacquesmm wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:44 am Peter: they still talk about the maatjes. First thing somebody asked when I walked in was "did you bring any maatjes?".
Hahah :lol: :lol: I thought they hate those :lol: :lol:

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:04 pm
by Capt UB
Jeff wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:47 am Good morning all!! Headed over to River Palms shortly to find Fuzz!! Should be there by about 10:00. Good luck to all of you fishing!! Jeff
Jeff you did great on wrapping the CnC ply for me.. Got some rain and wind, made it home....

Thanks again, next year will have boat and time to stay the whole meetup. Great bunch of boaters and builders.
Thanks again to all,

Bob.
1014171138a~2.jpg

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:30 pm
by anamealreadyinuse
Hey guys this is Tony. I’m sitting out a storm on SEWELLS point . Hoping this is going to pass shortly. If anybody is monitoring the board text me at 239-470-0863. I’m going to swing by the supermarket and can pick up some extra cups or anything else needed for this afternoon. I’m hoping there’s something under this doc I can bring for supper. Stay dry!

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:13 pm
by Browndog
More boat pictures from today.

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:51 pm
by Jaysen
I'm taking it that the empty Garvey is the one fuzz fell out of. Something to do with drinking alone and wife slipping a $20 to the owner...

Please don't ruin that story.

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:03 pm
by peter-curacao
Browndog wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:13 pm
Haha is that crazy Capeman? (Craig Watson) as always good show you are putting on there 8) 8)

Browndog wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:13 pm 1626
That is a crazy ass snake skin paint job, LOVE IT! compliments to the builder, is that Jacques in the foreground?

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:47 pm
by jacquesmm
Yes, that's me in the blue shirt. I must have gained about 20 lbs since retirement.
Besides that, it was a nice crowd, good conversation.

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:07 pm
by 94'325is
Made it back to Orlando, definitely getting a room to stay overnight next year. Thank you for hosting the event and the food was excellent, my wife is still talking about the salmon. I took a few pictures that I'll upload later. Have fun tonight and drive safe!

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:41 am
by Browndog
Had a great time. Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome. We are packed and ready to head back to Georgia. Got to work on the boat!

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:32 pm
by cape man
[img]javascript:;[/img]

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:16 pm
by fishgitr
We made it home! It was very nice meeting everyone! We had a great time. I want thank everyone for the food, beer and drinks. Jeff and Reid, thank you for everything. You two definitely went out of the way for everyone. We can't wait til next time.

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:23 pm
by Jaysen
Anyone find fuzz?

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:27 pm
by Capt UB
Jaysen wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:23 pm Anyone find fuzz?
Check with Jensen Beach PD..... :lol:

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:54 pm
by cape man
He's here and safe.

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:40 pm
by Jaysen
cape man wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:54 pm He's here and safe.
That sounds like he did something wrong! That or his wife made him behave.
Capt UB wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:27 pm [quote=Jaysen post_id=406904 time=<a href="tel:1508102633">1508102633</a> user_id=79239]
Anyone find fuzz?
Check with Jensen Beach PD..... :lol:
[/quote]

That sounds better.

Sorry I missed this. I'm kicking myself all up and down the street about it.

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:38 pm
by Jeff
All, great seeing all of you in Jensen Beach this weekend!! Glad to see some familiar faces/builders and meet new ones this weekend as well!! Very glad to see most are home and safe!! Fuzz was there with spouse and they are going to spend a little time in Florida (I think)!! Thank you to all for attending and hope we can get more builders next year!!! I think Browndog and Reid got the most photos so they will post in the next couple of days!!! Jeff

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:05 pm
by seaslug
Renae and I had a great time this weekend. Thanks to Jeff and Reid for putting on another nice get together, and in a beautiful location that we will surely be coming back to sometime soon with other family members for a few days. It was great seeing and talking with everyone I met last year as well as the new members of our little club. I feel really fortunate to have met and to be part of a fun and interesting bunch, and hope to see some of you before another year goes by. And Reid, a special thanks to you for putting me on those trophy Snook. I know the ones you landed were Jacks, but I'm quite sure the ones that broke me off were giant Snook. Heavier gear required next trip for sure. Hope everyone made it home safe. Mike

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:58 pm
by seaslug
IMG_2956.JPG
IMG_2955.JPG
IMG_2952.JPG
IMG_2938.JPG
IMG_2936.JPG
IMG_2929.JPG
IMG_2930.JPG
IMG_2933.JPG
IMG_2937.JPG

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:09 am
by bigyellowtractor
What is the green boat in the foreground ??

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:17 am
by cape man
That is my SC16 that I modified to keep it below 100 lbs. The thread is "Superlight SC16" if you want to see what I did to accomplish that.

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:31 am
by bigyellowtractor
Thanks for that. A pretty looking little boat :-)

Sorry, just searched and nothing comes up...can you post a link ??

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:04 am
by topwater
Had a blast at the meet ! Great seeing everybody again and meeting some new people. Thanks Richard and Craig for taking
me fishing ,sorry i didn't get a chance to say goodbye but i don't sleep much and was gone by 6 am .

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:35 am
by cape man
Had to post this one that Pattie took yesterday morning. Red Alert and Clara reunited again...

The link for the SC16 is here. Super Light...two words :roll:
https://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.ph ... light+sc16

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:46 am
by Reid
Hey Everyone,

Thank you all for making the 2017 Builder's Meet another success!!! It was a great seeing everyone and talking shop. It's a rare thing to be part of such a positive group of people who come together to support each other and share in each other's company!!!
I would like to especially thank Seaslug and Fishgitr for taking me out on their FS18's. Sorry we didn't put more fish in the boat but I guess that's why they call it fishing not catching.
Pictures look great!
Talk to you all soon,
Reid

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:44 pm
by peter-curacao
cape man wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:35 am Had to post this one that Pattie took yesterday morning. Red Alert and Clara reunited again...
That's a beautiful picture

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:56 pm
by Jeff
Peter, Did you get your biax Tape? Jeff

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:59 pm
by peter-curacao
Jeff wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:56 pm Peter, Did you get your biax Tape? Jeff
Not yet Jeff but UPS called me today for my tax number and the invoice so I think/hope it's close

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:59 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Hi all,
Mrs. AA and I had a great time!! We also enjoyed having Dori share our cabin.
We met some new builders, as usual they were nice folks. :)
I was hoping to put Topwater and Browndog on a fish but the weather didn't cooperate.
The wind did lay down on Sunday though. :wink:
Thanks Jeff and Reid for putting the meet together!

Edit... speaking of meet, I just thought about the pile of meat on the serving table. Holy mackerel what a spread!!
The shrimp, pork and fish was great. I think was in a meat coma for hours after the meal. :lol:

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:12 am
by bigyellowtractor
cape man wrote: The link for the SC16 is here. Super Light...two words :roll:
https://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.ph ... light+sc16
Cheers for that

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:49 pm
by TomW1
Guys looked like a great meet. I told Jeff why I could not be there and bring No Excuse earlier in the year. Maybe next year.

Tom

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:26 pm
by Fuzz
Made into Anchorage last night at 2345. Was going to spend the night but momma wanted to drive home. Made it to the house at 0400 this morning. Stopped for gas and coffee. It was 21f and blowing about 20mph. Luidmila was not happy about the weather in the least :!:
We had a great time at the meet. If you have not been to one you really need to go to the next one. Lots of great food and the company was fantastic. It was wonderful to see folks from last year and to meet some new friends this year. Meeting Dori was an exceptional treat. Larry was truly a lucky man. Dori, Patti and Sandy took SWMBO shopping and in doing so became my personal heroes. :lol: While they were shopping Jeff took me to see the Bateau operation which was nice of him.
I would be totally remiss if I did not give special thanks to Richard and Sandy for sharing their Hudson home with us for four days. It was a wonderful place to relax and explore from. Richard was even able to take one day out of his hectic schedule and show us the area.
And like wise to Craig and Patti for putting us up after the meet. They went out of their way to make us comfortable and well fed. Craig even showed Luidmila how to hand feed a wild hawk. Craig took me for a ride in his dory at the meet. What a nice boat it is.
Jaysen just so you know I had to give a bottle of rum, bottle of vodka and a half case of beer away because you were not there to help me drink it.

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:43 pm
by Jaysen
Son of a... I knew I was missing a good time. And. Ooze too. Booo!

Fuzz, you'll have to plan another trip to the south east. Soon.

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:11 pm
by cape man
Was great to see you again David and to meet Mila. Mi casa es su casa.

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:25 am
by topwater
Fuzz good seeing you again . Maybe next year Jaysen will come down and it won't be you Mike and myself as
last man standing on Saterday nite .

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:18 am
by Jaysen
I'm already planning on attending. All I need to do now is NOT change jobs, move to a new city, and take a cruise a few weeks before the meeting.

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:40 am
by Jeff
Fuzz, glad you guys are back safe and sound!! Great time with you guys!! Jeff