2020 Southeastern Boat Builders Meet

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: 2018 Southeastern Boat Builders Meet

Post by peter-curacao »

cape man wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:37 pm We drove to Key West. Didn't stay there cause we're cheap.
But boy o boy did we had fun :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes I remember you guys were at Cudjoe and picked me up @ Key West in that pickup truck in which nothing happened by the way :P

cape man

Post by cape man »

What pickup?
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

cape man wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:31 pm What pickup?
Exactly :lol: 8)

wadestep
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wadestep »

Hey all - I'd be down for a Keys trip if it was reasonable. We ran down there last summer but the weather was horrible for at least 5 of the 7 days, so the keys need not really satiated....

Count me about 50% depending on time and location. If we were far enough south I'd love to take a Tortugas trip... or Cay Sal daytrip... Heard stories of the cracker getting there in an OD18.

wade
Completed : OB19, CC14, GV10.

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

I've been completely useless with keeping up with this thread, I have been too busy.
I am up for a meet in Marathon in October if that works for you guys.
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

seaslug

Post by seaslug »

I've already got a 1 week trip to Islamorada reserved with a buddy for Sept 7th, so there's very little chance I would make it down there again in October. Even if I were to make it I wouldn't be bringing my FS18 anyway, just not the right boat for the Keys, I would bring the bay boat for going offshore. Besides, it's an 8 1/2 hour drive for me, and I hate driving almost as much as I hate working. If you get lucky with the weather, October is a great time to be there, with no crowds, in fact we stay at the Kon Tiki, and 2 years ago in October we were the only boat in the place. If you want to check out a great spot, reasonably priced, with it's own boat ramp, floating docks, and a 20 minute run to Alligator reef, the Kon Tiki is very nice for a get together. Laid back old school atmosphere, and they would probably be ok with a big BBQ on the grounds. My buddy has been staying there since 1971, and I loved the place, but I'm also a guy that likes older quieter places, and stay away from big resort hotels. Mike

fishgitr
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by fishgitr »

Has anyone decided on when and where we are doing this this year?

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid »

Hey Everyone,

Jeff and I have been discussing the annual Builder's Meet. As some of you may know (or may not know) we have been in the process of relocating our warehouse/office about 20 minutes away in Ft. Pierce, FL. The move has taken much longer than expected (due to building permitting issues) and will hopefully be ready to move in September or October. With all this going on, as well as designing and getting ready to launch a new website, we have not put much time into planning our annual meet. Our thought was to postpone the Builder's Meet until some time in the spring (April or May) of 2019. As always, we would like to hear your feedback or suggestions. We certainly apologize for this since we very much look forward to this annual meet, as I know you all do as well!

Look forward to hearing from you,
Reid
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

Reid wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:31 pm Hey Everyone,

Jeff and I have been discussing the annual Builder's Meet. As some of you may know (or may not know) we have been in the process of relocating our warehouse/office about 20 minutes away in Ft. Pierce, FL. The move has taken much longer than expected (due to building permitting issues) and will hopefully be ready to move in September or October. With all this going on, as well as designing and getting ready to launch a new website, we have not put much time into planning our annual meet. Our thought was to postpone the Builder's Meet until some time in the spring (April or May) of 2019. As always, we would like to hear your feedback or suggestions. We certainly apologize for this since we very much look forward to this annual meet, as I know you all do as well!

Look forward to hearing from you,
Reid

We could all come down and help you move! And there are a few of us that can help with the webdesign! It's not like we could not use our boats there too!
bob.jpg
bob.jpg (20.96 KiB) Viewed 3608 times

stickystuff

Post by stickystuff »

Anxious to hear where you are moving to. I prob. will be moving back over to the east coast. My wife is in Hospice care at my house. She has been suffering from COPD for the last six yrs. We are playing one day at a time. The move will be to get closer to my son and grand kids. No def. dates yet. Subject matters first then decide what I will be doing. Another boat is def. in my plans. First things first. :(
Capt. Ken Owens

A little saw dust, a little glue, and a lot of love, and she will float.