Page 1 of 1

2020 Southeastern Boat Builders Meet

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:07 pm
by Aripeka Angler
I need a Keys fix, I promise to behave this time. :lol:

Re: 2018 Southeastern Boat Builders Meet

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:09 pm
by Jaysen
Hey-Zues* man! It's only been a month! Give Reid time to recover!

* if you don't get it, try saying it out loud really fast with a spanish accent.

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:18 pm
by Aripeka Angler
I get it . :lol:
Reid should be recovered by now. 6-12 hours max at his age...

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:47 pm
by peter-curacao
Aripeka Angler wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:07 pm I need a Keys fix, I promise to behave this time. :lol:
Who's gonna drive the pickup this time? :D

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:08 pm
by Jaysen
Aripeka Angler wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:18 pm I get it . :lol:
Reid should be recovered by now. 6-12 hours max at his age...
They don’t make things like they used too... well the making part is the same but the results... now that I think about... nothing lasts as long today as it should. Wait. Peter should have fun with this mess.

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:12 pm
by Jaysen
peter-curacao wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:47 pm
Aripeka Angler wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:07 pm I need a Keys fix, I promise to behave this time. :lol:
If we do keys I’m pretty sure can convince the boss lady that it’s a vacation not a get together with a bunch of miscreants. That is until y’all show up. Then you’ll need the pickup to collect various bits of Jaysen. I say Fuzz needs to drive it.

How’s that for stomping all over that inside joke?

What’s the pickup story?

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:14 pm
by cape man
There is no pickup story. None. Nothing happened. Nothing.

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:36 pm
by Aripeka Angler
peter-curacao wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:47 pm
I was wondering when the damn pickup truck was going to be brought up :doh: :lol:

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:51 pm
by cape man
I really have no recollection of what you are referring to. Really. Was it mine?

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:53 pm
by peter-curacao
cape man wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:14 pm There is no pickup story. None. Nothing happened. Nothing.
Craig is right nothing but absolutely nothing happened Image

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:54 pm
by Jaysen
cape man wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:51 pm I really have no recollection of what you are referring to. Really. Was it mine?
Now this seems like it should be really interesting!

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:52 pm
by Fuzz
What little I have heard Peter, the Cracker and several cohorts might have gone bar crawling................that should be plenty of info for a fertile mind.

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:36 pm
by peter-curacao
Don't belive everything you hear :D Fake News :lol:

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:51 pm
by Dutch1
peter-curacao wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:36 pm Don't belive everything you hear :D Fake News :lol:
Now that's funny! I'll be done with my boat for the 2018 meet so I'm in. I'm up for a bar crawl too...

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:55 am
by Jeff
Dutch1, Good to hear from you!! Hope your build is going well!! Jeff

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:01 am
by topwater
I have heard the Pickup story so i don't think i would call it fake news . I think it's more like alternative facts :wink:

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:57 pm
by peter-curacao
It wasn't me! 8O :o

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:25 pm
by Dutch1
Jeff wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:55 am Dutch1, Good to hear from you!! Hope your build is going well!! Jeff
Hey Jeff! Yes, the build is going well. I just need to post pictures. If it didn't take so long I would. Just busy. Maybe I'll try to post some tonight.

I'm about where AA is on his FS18.

Steve

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:35 pm
by peter-curacao
So the Keys it is? for me it would be nice if it was a little further towards the beginning of the year, June would be great.

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:08 pm
by Aripeka Angler
peter-curacao wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:35 pm So the Keys it is? for me it would be nice if it was a little further towards the beginning of the year, June would be great.
The Keys are good for me but we need more input from others.
I'm thinking about taking a trip down there after the holidays to see how well the Marathon area has recovered from Irma.

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:48 pm
by TomW1
It will be interesting in what you find Richard. That will sort of determine if we can hold the meet in the Keys after what they went through.

Tom

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:22 pm
by fishgitr
I am definitely down for the keys

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:18 pm
by peter-curacao
Any news on this?? Holey f...ng chr..st I looked up some hotels at Key West, nightly room prices are absurd! US $ 400,- a night is nothing! not to mention a favorite of my, Jimmy's Margaritaville 8O :? 8)

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:06 pm
by Dutch1
I plan on coming but $400/night is too much.

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:00 am
by pee wee
Check out the Best Western Hibiscus, rooms start at $150/night. We stayed there a few years ago, it's in a pretty good location and the rooms were huge. Swimming pool in the center, rooms all around, it's an older place but we liked it.

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/ ... 10206.html

I found it by searching tripadvisor.com

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:36 am
by jacquesmm
I thought it was in Marathon.
You can find rooms for less than 200 there. Last time, I took my 5th wheel and was camping waterfront for about $ 20.00. :D :D

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:15 pm
by cape man
I am going down for the first week of April. Will check into the status. Will really help if we had a clue on the potential head count, rooms needed...

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:08 pm
by Capt UB
Camping on the Islands or camp grounds??

14714868_224200967998893_2985043744113615414_o.jpg

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:04 pm
by peter-curacao
jacquesmm wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:36 am I thought it was in Marathon.
I don't think it's decided yet, but last time I had the most fun at Key West 8)

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:37 pm
by cape man
We drove to Key West. Didn't stay there cause we're cheap.

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:04 pm
by peter-curacao
cape man wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:37 pm We drove to Key West. Didn't stay there cause we're cheap.
But boy o boy did we had fun :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes I remember you guys were at Cudjoe and picked me up @ Key West in that pickup truck in which nothing happened by the way :P

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:31 pm
by cape man
What pickup?

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:57 pm
by peter-curacao
cape man wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:31 pm What pickup?
Exactly :lol: 8)

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:01 pm
by wadestep
Hey all - I'd be down for a Keys trip if it was reasonable. We ran down there last summer but the weather was horrible for at least 5 of the 7 days, so the keys need not really satiated....

Count me about 50% depending on time and location. If we were far enough south I'd love to take a Tortugas trip... or Cay Sal daytrip... Heard stories of the cracker getting there in an OD18.

wade

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:31 pm
by Aripeka Angler
I've been completely useless with keeping up with this thread, I have been too busy.
I am up for a meet in Marathon in October if that works for you guys.

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:43 pm
by seaslug
I've already got a 1 week trip to Islamorada reserved with a buddy for Sept 7th, so there's very little chance I would make it down there again in October. Even if I were to make it I wouldn't be bringing my FS18 anyway, just not the right boat for the Keys, I would bring the bay boat for going offshore. Besides, it's an 8 1/2 hour drive for me, and I hate driving almost as much as I hate working. If you get lucky with the weather, October is a great time to be there, with no crowds, in fact we stay at the Kon Tiki, and 2 years ago in October we were the only boat in the place. If you want to check out a great spot, reasonably priced, with it's own boat ramp, floating docks, and a 20 minute run to Alligator reef, the Kon Tiki is very nice for a get together. Laid back old school atmosphere, and they would probably be ok with a big BBQ on the grounds. My buddy has been staying there since 1971, and I loved the place, but I'm also a guy that likes older quieter places, and stay away from big resort hotels. Mike

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:52 pm
by fishgitr
Has anyone decided on when and where we are doing this this year?

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:31 pm
by Reid
Hey Everyone,

Jeff and I have been discussing the annual Builder's Meet. As some of you may know (or may not know) we have been in the process of relocating our warehouse/office about 20 minutes away in Ft. Pierce, FL. The move has taken much longer than expected (due to building permitting issues) and will hopefully be ready to move in September or October. With all this going on, as well as designing and getting ready to launch a new website, we have not put much time into planning our annual meet. Our thought was to postpone the Builder's Meet until some time in the spring (April or May) of 2019. As always, we would like to hear your feedback or suggestions. We certainly apologize for this since we very much look forward to this annual meet, as I know you all do as well!

Look forward to hearing from you,
Reid

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:30 pm
by Capt UB
Reid wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:31 pm Hey Everyone,

Jeff and I have been discussing the annual Builder's Meet. As some of you may know (or may not know) we have been in the process of relocating our warehouse/office about 20 minutes away in Ft. Pierce, FL. The move has taken much longer than expected (due to building permitting issues) and will hopefully be ready to move in September or October. With all this going on, as well as designing and getting ready to launch a new website, we have not put much time into planning our annual meet. Our thought was to postpone the Builder's Meet until some time in the spring (April or May) of 2019. As always, we would like to hear your feedback or suggestions. We certainly apologize for this since we very much look forward to this annual meet, as I know you all do as well!

Look forward to hearing from you,
Reid

We could all come down and help you move! And there are a few of us that can help with the webdesign! It's not like we could not use our boats there too!
bob.jpg
bob.jpg (20.96 KiB) Viewed 3596 times

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:52 pm
by stickystuff
Anxious to hear where you are moving to. I prob. will be moving back over to the east coast. My wife is in Hospice care at my house. She has been suffering from COPD for the last six yrs. We are playing one day at a time. The move will be to get closer to my son and grand kids. No def. dates yet. Subject matters first then decide what I will be doing. Another boat is def. in my plans. First things first. :(

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:44 pm
by Jeff
Ken, Really nice to hear from you and see you back on the Forum!! Just really hate to hear about your wife, I am very sorry!! Yes, please keep us up to date on how you and she are doing!! We will get a note out about the move soon!! Jeff

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:52 am
by tcason
Could the boat builder's meet be close to your warehouse? - after you get settled

It would be great to see your operation.

Maybe get a few supplier's lined up one day to do demo's and Q and A? - social, learning and fishing....................

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:29 pm
by TomW1
Ken enjoy the time you have with your wife. COPD is not pleasant. I have first stage and have a CPAP machine I use at night. Fifty years smoking and I finally quit 3 years ago. Probably to late. Well praying for you guys and hoping your move will be fruitful with your family

Tom

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:52 pm
by cape man
What about going to the same place as last year and keep it simple? Folks bring their boats, food, and drinks. That was easy and really a neat place.

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:11 pm
by Capt UB
cape man wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:52 pm What about going to the same place as last year and keep it simple? Folks bring their boats, food, and drinks. That was easy and really a neat place.
Cape Man good call.
Would be close to the new BBC place to see it. And this time I will have a boat to show! (just don't look to closely at the fairing job!) 8)

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:21 pm
by Reid
cape man wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:52 pm What about going to the same place as last year and keep it simple? Folks bring their boats, food, and drinks. That was easy and really a neat place.
Cape man,

I think we are going to try and get the same set up as last year. We really liked the setup with the cabin on the water and it is within 40 mins of our new shop so if anyone wanted to come see the new facility they can certainly do so. I will try and book something soon.

Reid

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:46 pm
by cape man
Mid October...

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:29 am
by Reid
cape man wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:46 pm Mid October...
Cape Man,

Sorry if there was any confusion but I posted the other day that we were not going to be able to put something together this October. We have so much going on with the build out and move to the new location. I did actually call the River Palms Cottages (where we were last year) and they were totally booked up for October and most of November. Jeff and I were thinking of trying to put together the Builder's Meet in May at the River Palms. On a side note, I think the water will be cleaner due to the Army Corps not dumping Lake O as much during the winter months.

Let me know your thoughts, we definitely want you guys to join us!!!

-Reid

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:31 am
by fishgitr
I am good with whatever!!

Reid I already extended the offer to Jeff, but I am willing to come down for a few days to help you all move just let me know a couple days in advance.

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:47 pm
by George Costanza
Reid,

Spring works great, it is actually preferable. Us college football fans have a tough time making it in October. Good Luck with the move!

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:54 pm
by Jeff
George, we looked for you over the weekend at the Florida Sportsman Expo in Tampa!! Sorry we missed you this year!! Jeff

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:11 pm
by Fuzz
How did the expo go? Did you take any pictures?

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:20 pm
by Jeff
Fuzz, Yes, it went well!! Got to see Cape Man and the Mrs!! Also saw some current and past customers and made some progress with possible builds!! Cape Man told me about their trip to see you, sounds like you guys had a great time and caught some big fish!! Yes, I will post some photos but certainly nothing exciting!! Jeff

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:48 am
by tcason
Sorry if there was any confusion but I posted the other day that we were not going to be able to put something together this October. We have so much going on with the build out and move to the new location. I did actually call the River Palms Cottages (where we were last year) and they were totally booked up for October and most of November. Jeff and I were thinking of trying to put together the Builder's Meet in May at the River Palms. On a side note, I think the water will be cleaner due to the Army Corps not dumping Lake O as much during the winter months.

Let me know your thoughts, we definitely want you guys to join us!!!

-Reid

any update for 2019??

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:29 pm
by Reid
tcason,

Sorry I haven't posted on this thread in a while. We finally have a move in date for our new Office/Warehouse location. We are moving on March 22nd. We will also be rolling out our new website around that same time.
That being said, once we are moved in we will take a look at some dates/locations in October 2019 for the next Builder's Meet.
Please stay tuned, there are a lot of really exciting things happening with Boat Builder Central and Bateau!!!

Talk to you soon,
Reid

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:13 pm
by seaslug
I'm looking forward to the next builders meet. My vote is for either River Palms again in Jensen, I loved that place, or Chokoloskee. Mike

Re: 2019 Southeastern Boat Builders Meet

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:06 am
by Aripeka Angler
I updated the year in the thread title.
Mike, I’ve not been to Chokoloskee. I’ve heard it’s pretty nice...

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:42 am
by seaslug
Hey Richard, I rented a house on the southern tip of the island last February with a few buddies for 4 nights. Great set up with a safe compound for parking your rigs and not have to worry about taking all your stuff off the boats at night. The place has its own gravel ramp that allows a quick launch in the mornings. I loved the area, covering 85 miles in 3 days, and seeing very few boats, in fact never saw another boat fishing, just saw a few running the main channels. We didn't kill it with the fish, but there were plenty of Trout around the outside islands, landed smaller Snook to about 25", and my buddy battled a 4+ foot Tarpon on fly for about 4 minutes, getting it to the boat twice before 1 last long run and a break off. The funniest part was the fact he'd been dragging around a 10 weight everywhere we've fished for years, never pulling it out of the rack, and the one time he needed it he picked up a 7 or 8 weight not expecting to see a big Tarpon. In fact, he'd only been on the bow a minute, and it was a blind cast. That 10 weight is still collecting dust in his garage. Seems there are a lot of sandy beaches to camp on as well in that area, and now that I've fished it a little I think I'd do better on the next trip. Also, February is not the best time of year there from what I've heard. Even though we didn't catch a ton of fish, we poled some beautiful shorelines for 3 long days, saw some big Snook, just didn't get good shots, and had it all to ourselves the entire trip. Also, zero difficulties navigating everywhere with just Navionics on a phone. I'll definitely go back at some point, if not in October. Mike

Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:47 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Sounds like a wonderful trip Mike.
I played around a little bit on VRBO yesterday, I may give the place a try next winter.

Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:20 pm
by Reid
Hello Everyone!!!

First off, let me apologize for the absence of a Builder's Meet in 2018. As many of you already know we have been undergoing a lot of positive changes at Boat Builder Central/Bateau. We have recently moved into our new 7000 sq. foot facility in Fort Pierce, FL!!! We have also been working on a new website that we will hopefully be going live with in a week or so.

That being said, Jeff and I have set the dates for the 2019 Builder's Meet! Here are the particulars:

Dates: Friday, September 13, 2019 - Sunday, September 15, 2019
Venue: River Palm Cottages & Fish Camp
2325 NE Indian River Drive, Jensen Beach, FL 34957, (772) 334-0401
www.riverpalmcottages.com

This is the same venue where we held the 2017 Builder's Meet. Jeff and I have booked Cottage #18 again and plan to hold the festivities behind Cottage #18 on the water. If you plan on attending and would like to stay at the River Palm Cottages, please book your cottage or room ASAP. I know they tend to fill up fast! Plan on checking in on Friday and checking our on Sunday. Same as last year, we will have cottage #18 available for anyone to stay in. This is a 4 bedroom / 2 bathroom cottage on the water. Please let me know if you would like to book one or more rooms in this cottage.

I ask that everyone that plans on attending please send me an email (reid@boatbuildercentral.com) or give me a call (772-742-8535) so I can get a proper head count.

There will be more details to follow (itinerary, times, etc...).

Hope to see you there!!!
-Reid

Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:41 pm
by fishgitr
We will be there!

Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:53 pm
by Reid
fishgitr wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:41 pm We will be there!
Sounds good! Give me a call when you have booked your cabin or if you want to get a room in #18 again ($200.00/room for the weekend).

Reid

Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:10 am
by Reid
Hey Everyone,

Fishgitr will be taking one of the rooms in cabin #18. There are 3 rooms left if anyone is interested. The total cost for a room in cabin #18 is $200 (Friday and Saturday nights).

River Palm Cottages has agreed to hold some cabins and motel rooms for our gathering. Just mention that you are booking for the 2019 Builder's Meet. There are limited rooms available so don't wait to book!!!

-Reid

Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:57 am
by seaslug
Just made my reservation. I'll be in cottage 22 Thursday through Sunday. Mike

Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 12:34 pm
by Reid
Seaslug,

I had no doubt that you would be one of the first to book their cottage! Snook season will be in full swing, we need to do better than last time! See you soon.

Reid

Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:01 pm
by cape man
We are in if they return my call... 8)

Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:00 pm
by Capt UB
cape man wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:01 pm We are in if they return my call... 8)

Use another name! They my remember you from 2017! :lol:

Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:12 pm
by cape man
You may be right...

Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:29 am
by Reid
cape man wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:01 pm We are in if they return my call... 8)
Cape man,

Let me know when you are all booked and what cabin you are in.

Thanks,
Reid

Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:39 pm
by cape man
We are in #17 coming in Friday and leaving Sunday. Will bring Clara (OD18) and maybe Hermine (SC16).

Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:36 pm
by Reid
cape man wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:39 pm We are in #17 coming in Friday and leaving Sunday. Will bring Clara (OD18) and maybe Hermine (SC16).

Good Deal! See you soon!!

Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:23 pm
by cape man
Soon? That's 4 months away! :lol: :lol:

You guys are just used to that being a short period of time after dealing with the move.

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:52 am
by Jeff
Thank you Cape Man, you are right!!!! 14 months, 3 weeks and 2 days from purchase to move-in!!! Crazy!! Jeff

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:52 pm
by Reid
Hey Everyone,

Just a reminder to book your room for the 2019 Builder's Meet, September 13-15 at the River Palms Cottages & Fish Camp (http://www.riverpalmcottages.com/). Rooms will fill up fast, so please don't wait. We still have rooms available in Cabin #18. Please contact me if you are interested in one of those rooms.

Have a good week!
-Reid

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:45 pm
by cape man
Yeah...some more of you better come! I can't imagine having to talk to Reid and Jeff alone that long! :help: :help: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:15 pm
by Jeff
Nice Cape Man, very nice!! Jeff

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:26 pm
by cape man
Who loves ya brother? 8)

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:46 am
by Jeff
Look forward to see you Cape Man!! Jeff

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:53 am
by Reid
cape man wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:45 pm Yeah...some more of you better come! I can't imagine having to talk to Reid and Jeff alone that long! :help: :help: :lol: :lol:
You should be so lucky!!! :D :D :D
-Reid

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:55 pm
by TomW1
You guys have a good time. We will be in Iowa, it is harvest time. If you had it in October we would love to come.

Tom and Deb

Posted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:07 pm
by Browndog
Reid,

If you have a room with a queen bed or two doubles then Laura and I will take it.

Looking forward to it. Had a great time when we were there last.

Regards,
Jordy

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:09 pm
by Reid
Browndog wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:07 pm Reid,

If you have a room with a queen bed or two doubles then Laura and I will take it.

Looking forward to it. Had a great time when we were there last.

Regards,
Jordy
Jordy,

You can have one of the rooms in cabin #18. It will have a king bed ($200 total) You can just pay Jeff when you get into town on Friday. Fishgitr has the other king bedroom. There are 2 rooms left in cabin #18 (both have 2 twin beds).

Reid

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:40 pm
by Browndog
We’ll take it. That sounds great. I think it is where we stayed last time.

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:47 pm
by Jaysen
Can’t make it. Dang jib has me blacked out for vacation aug - jan

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:41 pm
by Reid
Hey Everyone, please don't wait to book your room at the River Palms Cottages & Fish Camp! It will fill up fast. I can only hold rooms for so long. Eventually it may fill up with guests who are not there for our Builder's Meet. We have had quite a few new builders since our last Builder's Meet and I hope to see a lot of them join us.
Ps: I still have some space left in our Cabin #18.
Talk to you soon,
Reid

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:59 pm
by Reid
Hey everyone, just a friendly reminder that the 2019 Builder's Meet is only a month away (September 13-15). Please get your rooms reserved at the
River Palms Cottages and Fish Camp, Jensen Beach FL.
772-334-0401
We still have 2 rooms available in Cottage #18. Please email me (reid@boatbuildercentral.com) if you are interested.

Jeff and I are excited to see everyone again and hopefully have some new builders join us as well!

Talk to you soon!
Reid

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:56 pm
by cape man
What's the head count as of today?

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:36 pm
by Reid
cape man wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:56 pm What's the head count as of today?
Cape man,

I have about 10 or so confirmed. I have not checked with River Palms to see if any others have registered and not notified me.

-Reid

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:44 pm
by Jaysen
Once again I'm into the blackout dates for work. One of these days I will actually show up (and likely ruin the fishing).

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:37 pm
by jacquesmm
cape man wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:56 pm What's the head count as of today?
I will be there but I don't need a room, I live very close.

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:29 pm
by Fuzz
More of you guys need to make the builders meet. I had a wonderful time there and got to meet some great folks. Wish I could make this one also but life got in the way. Just as well it might still be too warm for this boy :help:

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:53 am
by Reid
Fuzz wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:29 pm More of you guys need to make the builders meet. I had a wonderful time there and got to meet some great folks. Wish I could make this one also but life got in the way. Just as well it might still be too warm for this boy :help:
Fuzz,

Sorry you can't make it! Definitely won't be the same without you. There's always next year though.

-Reid

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:59 am
by Jeff
Fuzz, we will certainly miss you but the weather has been way too hot down here!!! Jeff

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:14 pm
by seaslug
Dave/Fuzz, really sorry to hear you're not able to make it, we'll all miss your Salmon and Halibut, I mean we'll all really miss you. Joking of course, you will be missed by all. Too hot here anyway. Mike

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:48 pm
by Fuzz
Thank you Reid, Jeff and Mike :D Maybe next year things will line up a little better for me.

This what I am talking about when I say you get to meet a group of really great people :!:

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:27 pm
by cape man
Brewing 5 gallons of pale ale today for the meet.

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:04 pm
by cape man
20190818_155929.jpg
A 4.8% ABV pale ale based on a local beer called One Night Stand. Should be edible by the meet. Putting it in empty Grolsch bottles so may not be able to label...

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:15 pm
by Jaysen
Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep cape man!!!

I need a job that doesn’t have travel blackouts.

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:58 pm
by Browndog
I’ll bring some good Georgia shrimp again.

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:37 am
by cape man
Are we doing a dinner like usual? Grill, fryer, etc.? Who's taking charge (Reid)? Are we still at around 10 people?

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:25 am
by Reid
cape man wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:37 am Are we doing a dinner like usual? Grill, fryer, etc.? Who's taking charge (Reid)? Are we still at around 10 people?
Cape man,

Excited to try the pale ale! If the home brew and fresh shrimp doesn't excite people and entice them to show up, I don't know what will!
So far the head count is approx. 10. We plan on doing the same thing as last time. I will work on putting together an itinerary this week.

Talk soon,
Reid

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:26 am
by Reid
Hey everyone,

I am pleased to tell you that one of our new builders, Rtorres2411, will be joining us at the Builder's Meet!

Ruben, glad you can make it and that you will be bringing your Father and wife. I know your father is just as much of a builder on your OB15 as you are so I know he will enjoy himself.

-Reid

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:54 pm
by Rtorres2411
I’m looking forward to get to meet some of the other builders at the meet. I will be taking the OB even thought it’s not finished.

See you all soon
Ruben

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:10 am
by cape man
Looks like the venue for the meeting may not be there, or certainly not open for business in two weeks. The latest models have them getting almost a direct hit which will put those ground level cottages underwater...water with big waves. Such a shame as it is such a charming little place. When we were there before I was thinking how vulnerable it would be if a storm like this one came in there. I hope they are okay, but it doesn't look good for the property.

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:07 am
by Reid
cape man wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:10 am Looks like the venue for the meeting may not be there, or certainly not open for business in two weeks. The latest models have them getting almost a direct hit which will put those ground level cottages underwater...water with big waves. Such a shame as it is such a charming little place. When we were there before I was thinking how vulnerable it would be if a storm like this one came in there. I hope they are okay, but it doesn't look good for the property.
The River Palms is definitely vulnerable. They have had flooding in the past with storms. They are about 5 mins from my house so I should be able to tell really quickly if they will be operational or not. If the track stays as it (which it probably won't since it has been changing with every update) then that area has the potential to take a hit from the NW corner of the storm (which is not the good side).

I will keep you posted.
-Reid

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:17 am
by cape man
What's the word on the cottages?

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:25 pm
by Jeff
Reid will go by tonight to see but he only lives about 5 miles from there and no one had any real damage or flooding that we are aware of as of now!! I will get back to all of you no later than tomorrow!! Just glad it is over!!!! Jeff

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:07 pm
by Reid
Hey Everyone,
I am happy to report that River Palms Cottages and Fish Camp did NOT sustain any damage. I spoke with Jennifer in the front office and she told me everything to business as usual. We are still a go for the Builder's Meet next weekend September 13-15. I hope everyone is still able to make it. Also, I am pretty sure there are still rooms available if anyone would like to make a late reservation.

Thanks and see you soon!
-Reid

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:20 pm
by cape man
Guess I better get to work on that transom repair! She'll still be ugly as I won't get the paint done, but the OD 18 will be there to see what a boat looks like after 10 years of hard labor. The beer will be tested next Monday.

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:24 pm
by Jeff
Excellent Cape Man!!!! Jeff

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:28 am
by Reid
Hello Everyone,

We are looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend at the Builder's Meet!

Here is a brief itinerary:

Friday, Sep. 13th
3:00pm - Check-in at River Palms Cottages
6:00pm - Welcome Reception (behind cabin #18) - Casual gathering to say hello, we will have a cooler with some beverages

Saturday, Sep. 14th
Morning - The morning is yours to spend however you would like. Take advantage of Stuart's awesome fishing!!!
5:00pm - Cookout (behind cabin #18) - We will have a cooler with ice and beverages as well as some items to grill. We will be providing the charcoal. Everyone is encouraged to bring a dish to share and are welcome to utilize the grill.

Sunday, Sep. 15th
Early morning fishing and checkout

I believe the River Palms still has some availability if you need to make any last minute reservations. Please call them at (772) 334-0401.

Please let Jeff or I know if you have any questions. See you this weekend!!!

-Reid

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:22 pm
by Fuzz
Make sure somebody takes lots of pictures and posts them for those of us who can not make the meet :D

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:26 pm
by Jeff
Will do Fuzz!! Any expected (positive) changes in your weather forecasted for the near future? Jeff

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:06 pm
by Fuzz
Jeff wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:26 pm Will do Fuzz!! Any expected (positive) changes in your weather forecasted for the near future? Jeff
We had a couple days of light rain. Between that and the calm and cooler weather the fire has laid down some. We should be getting more rain this week and that will help a bunch.

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:56 am
by Jeff
Good news Fuzz!!! We also got really lucky with the Hurricane!! The Bahamas are a complete disaster!! Jeff

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:55 am
by cape man
Opened two of the beers yesterday for a friend's birthday. Was the minimal time in the bottles for final carbonation and fermenting. Not bad! A little sweet, and it should get better by the end of the week...

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:01 am
by Jeff
Really look forward to tasting the new brew Cape Man!! We will be providing all of the charcoal & stuff necessary for the cookout on Saturday!! See you guys Friday evening, Jeff

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:10 pm
by piperdown
If I had been paying attention I would have set my flight to go out on Sunday instead of this Friday. As is, my better 2/3 has plans made since I'm home this weekend. Would have been nice meeting all of you that plan on being there.

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:14 pm
by Jeff
Sorry to miss you Eric!!!!! Jeff

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:37 pm
by Jaysen
piperdown wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:10 pm my better 2/3
you get 1/3??? Man I'm jealous!!!

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:09 pm
by piperdown
Jaysen wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:37 pm

I worked my way up from 1/4..... :lol:

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:58 pm
by Jaysen
piperdown wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:09 pm
Jaysen wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:37 pm

I worked my way up from 1/4..... :lol:
1/4!?!? Man fuzz and I sure have a loooong way to go to get to where y’all started!

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:23 am
by cape man
Am debating on whether to tow Clara across the state given the forecast... They are calling for 80% chance of precipitation Friday and Saturday with a good wind from the east. It will be a bit choppy even inside on the west side of the Intracoastal. We will be there for sure, but it may just be to socialize and get out of town for a few days. She can't make me do honey do's if I'm off the property :roll:

FRIDAY
East winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet. Choppy on
the intracoastal waters. Showers likely and slight chance of
thunderstorms.

FRIDAY NIGHT
East winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet.
Chance of showers and thunderstorms.

SATURDAY
East winds 15 to 20 knots becoming southeast 10 to
15 knots in the afternoon. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Showers likely and
chance of thunderstorms.

SATURDAY NIGHT
Southeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 3 to
5 feet. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms.

SUNDAY
Southeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet.
Showers likely and chance of thunderstorms.

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:54 am
by Reid
Yeah it might be a wet Builder's Meet. Jeff and I have been watching Invest 95-L. Looks like we will get some rain from this one. Maybe we will get lucky and it will turn to the south a bit.
Fingers Crossed!
-Reid

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:40 pm
by Reid
Here is a fishing report for the Stuart area.
https://www.whitestackle.com/2019/09/9-9-19/

Tide info:
Friday - Low: 4:36am, High: 10:06am, Low: 4:53pm, High: 10:28pm
Satruday - Low: 5:12am, High: 10:43am, Low: 5:29pm, High: 11:02pm
Sunday - Low: 5:46am, High: 11:21am, Low: 6:03pm, High: 11:37pm

-Reid

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:38 pm
by fishgitr
It’s looking like a nice weekend.
E831F167-A902-481F-8F36-0DCAF3D1B511.png

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:26 pm
by cape man
Yippee!

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:29 pm
by Jaysen
It's just another "disturbance". And from the stories y'all tell, your "disturbance" will be the one that makes the news!

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:48 pm
by cape man
Hey, we are going, and we are bringing a cooler full of home brewed ale. We have a charming room, will hop over and visit the sister in Port St. Lucie, and maybe even wet a line off the shore. Just NOT a great boating weekend!

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:49 pm
by Jaysen
I really wish I could be there. I swear Jeff calls my boss and asks "when do you have blackout dates" before determining the weekend. i'd love to sample (in excess) a few of your bottles.

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:50 am
by Reid
Hello Everyone,

Unfortunately we are going to have to cancel the Builder's Meet this weekend (Sep. 13-15). We are currently under a Tropical Storm Watch and are expected to get a lot of rain and strong winds over the next couple of days. I believe that River Palms Cottages will let you cancel the reservation but will hold on to your deposit for future use. Please make sure you contact them today 772-334-0401.

Let's start some discussion as to when we can reschedule the Meet. Perhaps we can look at doing something after the first of the year. Thoughts?

Talk to you soon!
-Reid

PS: Someone might want to do a welfare check in on Cape Man by the end of the weekend, he now has a lot of home brewed beer to drink!!! :wink:

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:51 am
by cape man
Reid called as I was loading the cooler... postponed. Good call. However, I doubt the brew will survive until a later date. Will have to make a new batch...
20190913_084455.jpg

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:05 am
by Jaysen
That seems like a light load there...

Reid, if we can do post Jan 1, there's a much higher potential of my attendance. This may cause you to prefer a PRE-jan 1 date. :)

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:25 am
by Rtorres2411
How about October? I will be able to make a date of the second weekend of October on. Cape man, will the brew survive till October? Jaysen, will you be able to make October?
I was really looking forward for the meet, but now I will have time to finish the OB to take it to the rescheduled meet. Let’s hope this storm doesn’t get any stronger.

Ruben

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:43 am
by Jaysen
thanks to work I'm limited to a travel radius that is no larger than 3hr drive until jan 1. Boooo

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:05 am
by Jeff
Cape Man, I am really going to miss that brew!!!! Jeff

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:12 am
by Reid
I like the idea of waiting till after the 1st of the year. This also takes the risk of Hurricanes off the table.

-Reid

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:26 am
by cape man
I'm slammed until the 3rd week of January. We will make another batch of beer by then... 8)

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:28 am
by Jaysen
cape man wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:26 am I'm slammed until the 3rd week of January. We will make another batch of beer by then... 8)
can I change my answer to "any time after the 3rd week of Jan"?

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:29 pm
by Rtorres2411
That gives me even more time to finish the OB for the meet 8) .

Ruben

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:33 pm
by cape man
The wiser half of this relationship just pointed out today is Friday the 13th...

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:42 pm
by Jeff
Yep Cape Man, been thinking about that all day today!!! Jeff

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:21 pm
by Capt UB
Cooler weather too! Getting tried of all this hot weather!

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:46 pm
by Dutch1
I'm for waiting until after the first of the year. I'll be able to make it then. Hopefully, god willing, I'll bring my new boat with me.

Steve

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:42 pm
by wadestep
I'm also interested in coming up anytime after the first of the year. September and Oct has become almost impossible to make it, so haven't been to the last few. I'd like to attend, so will keep on watching to see if anything develops here. Should be able to borrow a trailer and tow the OB19 up.
wade

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:31 am
by 94'325is
Any update on new dates?

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:09 pm
by Reid
Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in getting some new dates out there.
Here is what the River Palms Cottages has available. We would like to stay at the River Palms since there are a few people that have non-refundable deposits from the October cancellation.
July 10-11
Aug. 14-15
Aug. 21-22
Aug. 28-29
Nov. 20-21

Please rank your top three for me ASAP so I can book it with River Palms.

Thank you,
Reid

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:54 pm
by seaslug
I'll go first. No preference, I'll do my best to make it on any of those dates. Mike

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:01 am
by cape man
The first three are my top three, in that order. November is beyond the one-year limit they have on using the room we paid for, and as stated getting too close to Thanksgiving.

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:50 am
by 94'325is
First three dates would also be my priority, order doesn't matter.

Re: 2020 Southeastern Boat Builders Meet

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:39 pm
by Aripeka Angler
I updated the meet year in the title box. 8)
I’m good with July 10th-11th or August 14th-15th.
We are going to be yellowfin tuna fishing in Louisiana toward the latter part of August so that time is out for me.
I sure hope Fuzz signs up. :wink: If he thinks October is warm down here I can’t wait til he tries August. :lol:

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:13 pm
by Fuzz
Aripeka Angler wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:39 pm I updated the meet year in the title box. 8)
I’m good with July 10th-11th or August 14th-15th.
We are going to be yellowfin tuna fishing in Louisiana toward the latter part of August so that time is out for me.
I sure hope Fuzz signs up. :wink: If he thinks October is warm down here I can’t wait til he tries August. :lol:
It ain't happening :!: I might not be too bright but I know better than to willingly sign up to roast my chestnuts. Besides we live here year around to have June, July and August so no way I would give up any of that time.

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:06 pm
by Reid
Hey Everyone,

The new dates for the 2020 Builder's Meet are July 10th - 12th. As you already know we will be having it at River Palms Cottages & Fish Camp in Jensen Beach, FL. We have already booked Cottage #18 which is a 4 Bed, 2 Bath w/ kitchen cottage. Please let me know if you would like to reserve one of the rooms in cottage #18. The rate would be $100/night.
River Palms is reserving a block of rooms for us so please, please, please don't wait to book your cottage.
Here is the River Palms website and phone number:
772-334-0401

Please let me know if you have any questions and also send me an email as soon as you book your stay so I can get a head count.
reid@boatbuildercentral.com

Thanks,
Reid

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:30 pm
by cape man
Pattie and I are booked in #17. Please keep it down next door after dark!

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:40 pm
by seaslug
I'm in cottage # 22 for Friday and Saturday, but might call and add a day or 3. Reid, what kind of fishing can be expected offshore at that time, my buddy Scott picks up his new 25' East Cape Bay this Friday, and he may make the trip with me. Mike

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:47 pm
by Aripeka Angler
I’m trying to book when they return my call.
They must be on island time. :lol:

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:01 am
by Reid
seaslug wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:40 pm I'm in cottage # 22 for Friday and Saturday, but might call and add a day or 3. Reid, what kind of fishing can be expected offshore at that time, my buddy Scott picks up his new 25' East Cape Bay this Friday, and he may make the trip with me. Mike
Summer time is always a great time to go offshore. Mahi are always around and you can even find some sails. You could stop by a reef and may be pick up a cobia as well. Let me know if you need a deck hand!
-Reid

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:04 am
by Reid
Aripeka Angler wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:47 pm I’m trying to book when they return my call.
They must be on island time. :lol:
I think check in is usually around 3pm. So early afternoons may be the best time to reach them.

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:09 am
by Aripeka Angler
They rung me back this morning. I’m booked, we will be in unit 14.
I’ll try to bring both the gf12 and the xf20.

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:23 am
by Reid
Aripeka Angler wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:09 am They rung me back this morning. I’m booked, we will be in unit 14.
I’ll try to bring both the gf12 and the xf20.
Sounds good! Who is coming with you this time? (for an accurate head count)
-Reid

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:43 pm
by piperdown
Sweet boat and sweet new motor!

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:34 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Reid wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:23 am
-Reid
6.5 attendees. Myself, Sandi, my daughter, her husband and baby, my son and his friend.
I had the gf12 in my mind this morning. We will actually bring the fs18 and the xf20.

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:45 pm
by Reid
Aripeka Angler wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:34 pm
Reid wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:23 am
-Reid
6.5 attendees. Myself, Sandi, my daughter, her husband and baby, my son and his friend.
I had the gf12 in my mind this morning. We will actually bring the fs18 and the xf20.
Sounds like you will need all of the boats you have! Glad to have everyone!
-Reid

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:52 pm
by Aripeka Angler
We actually booked units 14 and 15. We can get 20-30 on the xf20. :lol:

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:58 pm
by Jeff
AA, glad the whole family is coming and I am really interested to see the FS18!! You guys did a great job on building her!! Thank you, Jeff

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:05 pm
by Rtorres2411
I would love to attend the meet, but won’t know my July schedule until mid June.

Ruben

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:58 am
by Jeff
Ruben, we understand!! I hope you can attend!!! Jeff

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:31 pm
by VT_Jeff
I was hoping to make it to one of these but I'll helping my mother with her bucket-list in Newfoundland that week. Maybe next year.

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:33 pm
by Jeff
Jeff, yes, we would really enjoy meeting you!!! There is always next year!!! Jeff

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:26 am
by Browndog
Sorry to miss it this year. We will be at our house in Northwest Wisconsin during that time.

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:32 am
by topwater
Dam i'll be up in Michigan for 3 months to get out of the heat for the summer and to visit my son .
Hope you all have fun :!:

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:17 pm
by Joe H
Richard, that's great you have the whole family going, I'll have to see if I can escape Michigan for a few day's, that's right John, Michigan, sucks that you have to be here for 3 months! :lol: where are you going to be? Maybe we can get out on the boat and do some fishing or take the CC out for a cruise with you and your family.

Still here!

Joe H.

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:42 am
by topwater
Hi Joe I will be renting a house in the Royal Oak area when i am not traveling around the state .
Would love to hook up and see your boats . Also can't wait to see the Woodward Ave dream cruise .

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:56 am
by Eric1
I am planning to attend. I really want to meet you guys. I'll call later to check on a room.

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:25 am
by Reid
Eric1 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:56 am I am planning to attend. I really want to meet you guys. I'll call later to check on a room.
Glad to see you are going to attend, Eric. Of course you are welcome to book your own cottage but keep in mind we still have a couple of rooms available in cottage #18 if you are interested ($100.00/night). Let me know if you have any questions.
-Reid

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:20 pm
by Eric1
Reid wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:25 am
Eric1 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:56 am I am planning to attend. I really want to meet you guys. I'll call later to check on a room.
Glad to see you are going to attend, Eric. Of course you are welcome to book your own cottage but keep in mind we still have a couple of rooms available in cottage #18 if you are interested ($100.00/night). Let me know if you have any questions.
-Reid
I'll get with you as soon as I can. #18 will be fine.

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:20 pm
by Reid
Eric1 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:20 pm
Reid wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:25 am
-Reid
I'll get with you as soon as I can. #18 will be fine.
Sounds good Eric. Give me a call when you are ready.

-Reid

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:28 pm
by peter-curacao
I'm Patiently waiting till a next Keys meeting, but for those going, have fun guys! 8) 8)

Posted: Wed May 20, 2020 5:45 pm
by cape man
I just left a message for the venue. We are planning to go if they are open regardless of whether you all come or not. 8)

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:48 am
by Reid
Hey everyone,
I just spoke with Jennifer at River Palms Cottages, 772-334-0401. They have been open and are running at full capacity!!! She confirmed our reservations for July 10-12 and said that they still have some cottages/rooms available for that weekend.
If you have not booked a room yet please don't wait, they will not hold the open rooms for long.
Jeff and I are looking forward to seeing everyone!
-Reid

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:04 pm
by cape man
Clara's going to Home Coming! May bring the canoe as well.

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:32 pm
by Gino
Gino here,

Heading to the Meet from Texas and would love to try fishing for Tarpon, something I have not fished for down here in South Texas. If anybody is interested in joining up, I will be arriving Wednesday to try and fish on Thursday. If I have to pay a guide, might as well split it with someone else or if anyone has a boat and knows the area, I would have no problem paying that way.

I will not have a rod or reel because I am flying, so would need to rent/borrow tackle from someone, or I can bring my reels and leave a newly purchased rod as payment for fuel or such.

Gino Harden
gino@ginotx.com

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:15 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Gino wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:32 pm Gino here,

Heading to the Meet from Texas and would love to try fishing for Tarpon, something I have not fished for down here in South Texas. If anybody is interested in joining up, I will be arriving Wednesday to try and fish on Thursday. If I have to pay a guide, might as well split it with someone else or if anyone has a boat and knows the area, I would have no problem paying that way.

I will not have a rod or reel because I am flying, so would need to rent/borrow tackle from someone, or I can bring my reels and leave a newly purchased rod as payment for fuel or such.

Gino Harden
gino@ginotx.com
I’ll be there with my XF20. Ultimate social distance boat and I’ll have plenty of fishing rods...

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:01 am
by Reid
Aripeka Angler wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:15 pm
Gino wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:32 pm Gino here,

Gino Harden
gino@ginotx.com
I’ll be there with my XF20. Ultimate social distance boat and I’ll have plenty of fishing rods...
Gino/AA,
Here is a map of the St. Lucie Inlet. You can see the red dot at the top, that is where we are staying (River Palms). I have marked out a few good spots to Tarpon fish. May, June, July are all good months for Tarpon! Fair warning, they are not easy to catch! (which is probably why they are sought after).
1. Roosevelt bridge - lots of good current moving through here. Two bridges meet up (railroad and main bridge) and run parallel over the St. Lucie River. Lots of good structure.
2. Evans Crary Bridge and area south of the bridge - lots of wide open water with residential docks lining the river. If the current is running and bait is moving this is a good spot.
3. Crossroads area inside the inlet - great spot for Tarpon action. Tarpon roll in from the inlet and run the channel. Anchor up along a sand bar and have some live bait ready.
4. Tarpon are also running along the beaches this time of year, just got to find the bait fish.

Good luck!
Reid
Capture.JPG

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:22 pm
by Gino
Thanks for the offer and info.

I’ll cover gas cost for the equipment and any opportunity to fish.
Added bonus is the XF20, have the plans but concerned about rough ride in south Texas, now I can see what it is actually like.

Gino

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:59 pm
by Fuzz
If you are going with AA not only is it a nice boat but you will be fishing with a super guy. Just do not let him be the weather man............just saying 8)

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:11 pm
by Jaysen
Fuzz wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:59 pm If you are going with AA not only is it a nice boat but you will be fishing with a super guy. Just do not let him be the weather man............just saying 8)
Hmmm... I seem to recall
Fuzz talking to Jaysen about July/August in Alaska wrote: It will be warm! The weather will be wonderful! And fishing will be hot!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'ms till trying to figure out how to make this. Y'all pick the WORST times for me.

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:17 am
by Rtorres2411
Good morning to all, I just reserved a room at the River Palms. See you all there.

Ruben

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:34 am
by Reid
Rtorres2411 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:17 am Good morning to all, I just reserved a room at the River Palms. See you all there.

Ruben
Glad you can make it, Ruben! Look forward to seeing you there.

-Reid

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:38 pm
by Aripeka Angler
We are all healthy and still planning to attend. :D
Looking forward to meeting new boat building friends...

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:03 pm
by cape man
Pattie and I are also healthy and bringing venison chili for Saturday night. Anyone bringing a fryer? We can also bring some arapaima filets.

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:48 pm
by Browndog
Sorry to miss it this year. Just arrived at our place in Northwest Wisconsin and will be here for about a month. Post lots of pictures please of the boats and the people.

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:35 pm
by Reid
Hey everyone,
I wanted to check in and let everyone know that we are still a go for the Builder's Meet coming up on July 10-12. As of now River Palms is still open and running as usual.
Here is a quick rundown of the schedule of events (very casual as you know):

Friday, July 10th: 3:00 pm Check in at River Palms. Jeff and I will be there to open up Cabin #18 for those who are staying in there. We
can meet up behind cabin #18 for a drink or two.
Saturday, July 11th: The day is yours to fish and explore. Let's plans to meet up behind Cabin #18 at 5:00 pm. Please bring a dish to share
or something to throw on the grill. We will have a cooler with some water, sodas, and beer. There are several charcoal grills on site.
Sunday, July 12th: Checkout is at 11:00 am. If you are staying in Cabin #18 I will talk to you about checkout and turning in the keys.

Please use this forum thread to post what you will be bringing and what other supplies we need to get.

Let me know if there are any last minute cancellations or additions. Currently we have approximately 20 attending!

See you there!
-Reid
772-742-8535

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:27 am
by Aripeka Angler
We will be bringing some grouper and halibut to grill.
If Capeman can snag a couple of mango’s by the bridge pilings, I’ll make some cerviche...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:44 am
by cape man
Snag? 8)

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:07 pm
by Capt UB
cape man wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:44 amSnag? 8)

fish-snaggers-4x32.gif
fish-snaggers-4x32.gif (17.95 KiB) Viewed 4236 times

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:53 am
by cape man
Looks very sketchy for Saturday. We're coming anyway, but doesn't look great for outdoor fun. We will bring a 10x10' canopy. Might want to see if their pavilion is available. New bilge pump might get tested...

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:39 pm
by Reid
We have a 10'x10' pop up as well that I will bring. I will place a call to River Palms to see if we can use the pavilion in the likely case of rain. (otherwise, bring your foul weather gear!!)

-Reid

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:56 pm
by Fuzz
For those of us who will not be making the meet please put someone in charge of taking and POSTING pictures :D

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:15 pm
by Jeff
Absolutely Fuzz!!!! Jeff

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:25 am
by Jeff
All, we have a call into River Palms to reserve the Pavilion for Saturday evening. I look forward to seeing all of you guys Friday evening. Reid will be down by about 3:00 PM on Friday. I probably won't get there until about 6:00 PM!!

Cape Man, did you have time to make any Boat Building Beer? Jeff

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:17 am
by cape man
No BBB this year. :roll: We have been way to busy, and quite frankly with the surge in availability of excellent micro-brewery ales, brewing our own isn't as attractive as before.

We are bringing chili (bowls and spoons + toppings), peach cobbler, corn bread, a 10 X 10' canopy, camp chairs, a outdoor table, and a cooler full of above mentioned local ales. Oh yeah...we are also bringing rain gear!!! 8) :lol: :lol:

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:19 am
by cape man

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:40 am
by Jeff
Got it Cape Man!! See you guys Friday evening!! Jeff

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:59 am
by Jeff
Guys, we will bring hamburgers, hot dogs, buns and all the stuff that goes with them. We will also have beer, drinks and water!! Jeff

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:17 pm
by Rtorres2411
I will bring a canopy, beer, and Puerto Rican sandwiches.

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:04 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Yum! 8)

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:09 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Red is ready for a road trip...8)

24664BC5-F932-4847-8C38-20A803C4BA56.jpeg

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:04 am
by cape man
20200710_100145.jpg
We're pulling out in a few...

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:44 am
by Jeff
Safe drive guys!!! See you this evening!!! Jeff

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:38 pm
by DAYTRIP
That sounds like fun! Hoping to make it up to see you guys. Good trip to put a few hours on the Mercs!

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:18 pm
by cape man
20200710_185150.jpg

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:14 pm
by cape man
20200710_203241.jpg

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:58 pm
by Fuzz
The misses is looking happy :D Tell her I sad howdy.

I think I recognize that beach. Wish I was there to visit with all you guys but I do not need to roast my old body :help:

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:16 am
by Jeff
Nice photos Cape Man!!! See you guys later today!!! Good luck to those fishing this AM!!! Jeff

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:45 am
by cape man
20200711_064322.jpg
20200711_064349.jpg

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:43 am
by cape man
Fall Guy came!
20200711_103131.jpg

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:23 pm
by cape man
Puerto Rican sandwiches, burgers, hotdogs, chili, mango lime pie, peach cobbler, ice cream... yummy.

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:58 am
by Aripeka Angler
Beautiful day on the water. 8)
BF96F818-3334-452D-A657-A30C84E8F1FF.jpeg
234B991B-B870-4C1D-8F20-96D81849FE26.jpeg

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:37 pm
by Fuzz
And I am sure the new captain is not spoiled by granddad :lol:

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:57 pm
by cape man
Clara's back in her room. Got a thorough rinsing just east of Okeechobee. Was super awesome to see everyone and Reuben's boat, which is fantastico! Clara and Red Alert need to see each other more frequently...

Sorry so many of you missed it. Such a cool community to have become part of.

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:28 pm
by Jeff
Thank you guys for all of you that could attend!!! This is a crazy time and I really appreciate you taking the time to spend the weekend with us!!! Congrats to Gino on catching a 40 lb Tarpon on Friday!!!! Waiting for the results of Cape Man & Harrison as they fished after our dinner last night!!! Great time guys and good guidance from all (& AA) on our next get together!!!!! Thanks, Jeff

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:27 pm
by Rtorres2411
It was great meeting you all and seeing the boats of Capeman and AA. I still have a plenty to learn :roll:. I had a great time.
The hamburgers and peach cobbler was amazing.

Ruben

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:04 am
by Browndog
Sorry to miss it. Still up here in Wisconsin for another couple of weeks. Hopefully next year.

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:28 am
by Jeff
Yes, we missed you BrownDog!!! Great meeting the whole family Rubin and AA!!! Jeff

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:23 pm
by Dan_Smullen
cape man wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:43 am Fall Guy came!20200711_103131.jpg
:lol: :lol:

Let old like a good time. I hope I can make it down to fish and talk boats next year.

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:35 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Jeff wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:28 am Yes, we missed you BrownDog!!! Great meeting the whole family Rubin and AA!!! Jeff
Hell yeah Jeff!
Great to see you and Reid again and meet Ruben and his family!
Craig and Pattie are killer awesome friends we don’t get to see every month. Connecting with them is always special. 8)
Hey Gino, great to meet you as well...

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:05 pm
by Reid
Just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who attended the Meet this year. I know it was a challenging year with everything going on in the country. Sorry we missed a few of you who had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances, but there is always next year!
The food was great, definitely have to mention the peach cobbler, venison chili, and the Mango/key lime pie!!! Always great to see the boats that make it to the meet! Clara is looking great after her recent paint job. Bare Bones came out really nice and Ruben did a fantastic job on the OB15! Gino, it was nice to finally put a face to a name, glad you made the trip from TX!

Jeff and I got a few minutes to chat with Aripeka Angler and discuss some options for next year. Hope to have all of this COVID stuff behind us so we see everyone next year!!!

Take care,
Reid