GV10 Sept 2018 “Offcuts" Splashed

Post your launchings, and post-launch adventures here. Please keep the to plan/date format.
Fair WX Pilot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: GV10 Sept 2018 “Offcuts" Splashed

Post by Fair WX Pilot »

pee wee wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:41 am Looks great and I bet you enjoyed the simplicity of the build!

I don't know if it's your training as a pilot, but it looks like you're prepared for the worst- life jacket, fire extinguisher, trolling motor, oars at the ready . . :D nice!
I like your choice of name, too.
Funny you should say that. I said the same thing to my wife as we drove to the lake "you know, there's a lot got to happen before I reach for those oars". I do have some rod holders that mount in oar locks. I will probably substitute those for the oars when messing around on the lakes.
Alan.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

You do know we all want to see how that baby runs with a little more hp and a good running engine.

icelikkilinc

Post by icelikkilinc »

Love the name and the boat. Congratulations
Ilker

TW28 launch: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23369

Fair WX Pilot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Fair WX Pilot »

Fuzz wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:58 pm You do know we all want to see how that baby runs with a little more hp and a good running engine.
:D Me too. I of course have fiendish plans for the winter to remedy the knackered engine situation.
Alan.

Fair WX Pilot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Fair WX Pilot »

icelikkilinc wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:12 am Love the name and the boat. Congratulations
Hi, thanks, the name was certainly earned. Its build almost entirely of offcuts from my bigger project.
Alan.

Fair WX Pilot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Fair WX Pilot »

Hi Everyone,

Had a great day out fishing in "Offcuts" this weekend. I was excited after the launch to take her out and see how she fished. I have lake Massabesic just 20 minuets from the house so headed there. The boat performed flawlessly all day and was very good in the shallows on a trolling motor stalking Bass. I moved everything possible up front and actually got on the plane (just about) on another knackered motor :D . All in I managed a bunch of Bass and three nice Pike. No pictures of fish unfortunately as its not easy to get an iPhone to work in a small boat with wet hands (Apple, you need to fix this!)

Back at the dock with slime on the deck :D . Another good thing to come out of the day is that I was considering making a platform to fit between the rear stringers as I stand and cast to fly and lure fish. Actually it was quite comfortable even with the shape of the hull so I might table that project.
Alan.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Fair WX Pilot, Very nice work and it appears she fished as well as she looks!! Great job!! Just one question, what year model is that Evinrude outboard & what HP? Jeff

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Very nice looking fishing machine! So you going to share the secret on what you added to your boat to attract all those fish? :D
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Fair WX Pilot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Fair WX Pilot »

Jeff wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:33 am Fair WX Pilot, Very nice work and it appears she fished as well as she looks!! Great job!! Just one question, what year model is that Evinrude outboard & what HP? Jeff
Hi Jeff, it’s a 1958 Fisherman 5.5hp. It looks like an old dog on the outside but I have serviced and rebuilt where necessary. The compressions are middle of the road so it’s probably putting out around 4hp at the prop. Another winter project.
Alan.

Fair WX Pilot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Fair WX Pilot »

OrangeQuest wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:47 am Very nice looking fishing machine! So you going to share the secret on what you added to your boat to attract all those fish? :D
Wish I had a secret. I don’t even have a fish finder installed yet. The water here about’s has been very warm for a few months. This time of year it drops rapidly getting ready for winter. Since living here I’ve found the fish go crazy for a few weeks before the lakes freeze over. Even an old duffer like me can catch them :D .
Alan.