GF14 Kuisis Lithuania

Post your launchings, and post-launch adventures here. Please keep the to plan/date format.
spoil
New Poster
New Poster

GF14 Kuisis Lithuania

Post by spoil »

Hello this my first build boat, hope is not bad
Name: Kuisis, finished in 2018 august. Baltic birch plywood, for boat build, west system epoxy.
We like this model very much I am 191cm I can lay down and rest, size is perfect. Before we started building it, every one called us crazy, but now when boat is finished opinion changed. Want to make some optimizations, rod holders, cup holders, fridge, thinking where to hide wires for lights, planing to do max hand made, very good ideas on forum gallery.
have some question about engine, we borrow it from yacht 3,3. just for testing and first season. Now we are planing to buy one, friend sells Honda 6hp 4stroke it is 2002 but not much used. In GF14 specification i found 10hp recommended most of forum users use 15-25hp.
Having some troubles with registering it, most question is how was calculated specification and where is stability curve :D, planing translate plans to Lithuanian and they will forget their questions. Or maybe it possible to find some where on internet.
Photos how we build it
https://goo.gl/photos/8Emxr1VQxL3ASm3Q9
Attachments
IMG-20180909-WA0002.jpeg
IMG-20180909-WA0002.jpeg (72.66 KiB) Viewed 770 times
IMG-14819cb06f64372623116d3012e0ad6b-V1.jpg
IMG-e9a9ba14d7a36696c353fa68122b1165-V2.jpg

Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: GF14 Kuisis Lithuania

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Nice looking boat, congratulations!
15-25 hp is great, even better if you can get a lightweight motor. 50 kilos is ideal...
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Very nice looking boat! Glad you enjoyed building it and it is working for you.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

It is a nice little boat! Did you make the cushions too? I like the color.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

spoil
New Poster
New Poster

Post by spoil »

Yes cushions are the best doping them on fore and you can sleep or on mid bench.
Attachments
IMG-519a3793b414ea9f8455d9c821d50cc5-V12.jpg

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

That is a real nice looking boat, congratulations. Your boating area is nice looking also :D

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

It is a very nice looking GF14!

Curious, does the GF14 not call for a side splash rail or longer runners underneath on the bottom? Just wondering as on the GF16 I'm building says the runners and splash rail are structural. :doh:
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

spoil
New Poster
New Poster

Post by spoil »

Found video blog lots of Jon boat test with different outboard motors, next season I will try 6hp Honda
[youtube]https://youtu.be/rpb_tR6FxQ0[/youtube]
Last edited by spoil on Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spoil
New Poster
New Poster

Post by spoil »

piperdown wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:55 pm It is a very nice looking GF14!

Curious, does the GF14 not call for a side splash rail or longer runners underneath on the bottom? Just wondering as on the GF16 I'm building says the runners and splash rail are structural. :doh:
I have runners underneath and even made 2mm stainless steel plates, splash I forgot :) but it runs OK maybe I will make them latter, but this is not a V boat do you really need them I don know. it looks better without them :)

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

spoil wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:03 pm
piperdown wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:55 pm It is a very nice looking GF14!

I have runners underneath and even made 2mm stainless steel plates, splash I forgot :) but it runs OK maybe I will make them latter, but this is not a V boat do you really need them I don know. it looks better without them :)
The designer JM lists both as structural and I'd hate for anything to happen, but that's just me.
I did see you put the runners on there. Just was wondering how long they are. GF16 that I'm building has them as 10 feet long (3.05 meters for you). Long enough to put them about 1 foot past the front forward frame. Your runners look like they don't go all the way past the forward frame?

Some others built their GF's with the runners too short and they started getting a lot of flex on the bottom hull. Most of them fixed that with the proper length runners. I can't quite tell from the pics so maybe the runners do stretch all the way.
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain