The “Must haves” list

Post any and all methods for doing things here, if you think you have a good method, that you don't see most builders using
narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: The “Must haves” list

Post by narfi »

Need to figure out how to pipe the rum in behind the mask though.....

Netpackrat
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Netpackrat »

Yes, respirator. Forgot to list that. :oops:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Can’t remember if it was fire crew in AK or someplace else that said they had camelback the worked under their respirator. I’m sure o low FG or one of the tw28 guys can justify the cost. But then again...
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

There's a similar thread started a while back, take a look through and you may pick up some more ideas: https://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=62082
Hank

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

This reminds me of a guy I knew back in the early sixties, when drinking and driving was still, what, funny? He had rigged his windshield washer pump to feed a hose that came out under the dash, and then filled the reservoir with booze. At the touch of a button he could fill a cup, but if pulled over by cops, he would have no "open container" in the car.
Don't get any ideas, Jaysen.
Tony

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

my MG came WITH the glove box flask and glasses.

I don't think "the brits are stoic" is true... I think they just don't give a fork.

I need to find my set and put them back in the car.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

What year MG? I had a '69 B that I completely rebuilt myself...but no gloves or glasses. Sold it 13 years ago.
Tony

Netpackrat
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Netpackrat »

I own a '52 MGTD with my brother and am restoring a '59 MGA that belonged to my dad, but I don't recall ever seeing any list of OE options that included a flask. :roll:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Mine is a 74 badged as a 75. Worst of all worlds. On third engine and blew the gasket. Need to find someone here as I’m not allowed to work on here (stupid rules).

Netpackrat
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Netpackrat »

Jaysen wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:27 pm Mine is a 74 badged as a 75. Worst of all worlds. On third engine and blew the gasket. Need to find someone here as I’m not allowed to work on here (stupid rules).
74-1/2 MGB with rubber baby buggy bumpers and dual SU carbs, or does it have the chrome bumpers?