Shine ALEXSEAL?

See our FAQ and tutorials before posting.
TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Shine ALEXSEAL?

Post by TomW »

Joel have you ever heard of Alexseal paints. They are from a German Company who also has a lab in St. Louis. Mankiewicz Gebr is the parent company. The paint is almost exactly like Sterling with paint, catalyst and reducer. Also has a flattening agent and accelerator. Website is http://www.alexseal.com. Received there color chart and info Saturday and more diverse colors than Sterling. Not as many shades in some areas more in others.

First saw the paint at Hamilton Marine Supplies. Prices are less than Sterling but more than Perfection.

Curious of any and all knowledge of this paint and how it applies compared to Sterling since they say it is for roll and tip & beats all other paints in color and gloss retention.

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Shine ALEXSEAL?

Post by tech_support »

its a 2 part LPU, I have never used it. Just like others, Im sure it has its own peculiarities to figure out

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Thanks Joel thought I would ask, maybe some our European builders can help me out if they have used it.

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

Steve_MA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Steve_MA »

I just ran into the Alexseal rep at the Newport Boat show. He said it was developed by the same guy who created AwlGrip.
There is an article here
http://www.lackeysailing.com/daysailor/ ... exseal.htm

For application over epoxy, he said it was 2 steps. They also have a reducer for roll and tip.