Pettit easypoxy grays

See our FAQ and tutorials before posting.
Jwhitakeriii
Active Poster
Active Poster

Pettit easypoxy grays

Post by Jwhitakeriii »

Does anyone know of a thread where the pettit easypoxy paint in Seattle gray, Platinum, or steel was used on a boat? I'd like to see what the color actually looks like on a boat vs the paint chip. Thanks in advance

Madgar

Re: Pettit easypoxy grays

Post by Madgar »

Sorry, I just saw this. I don’t have a lot of pictures but here’s a link to a few of the canoe I built. I used Pettit easypoxy Platinum paint. The color,I think, turned out nice and was pretty easy to use. Just put it on with very light/thin coats. This has about 4 maybe 5 very thin coats using roll and tip. I used the 3” foam brush to tip it. Hope this helps

https://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.ph ... ar#p412084

Jwhitakeriii
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Jwhitakeriii »

Madgar wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:25 pm Sorry, I just saw this. I don’t have a lot of pictures but here’s a link to a few of the canoe I built. I used Pettit easypoxy Platinum paint. The color,I think, turned out nice and was pretty easy to use. Just put it on with very light/thin coats. This has about 4 maybe 5 very thin coats using roll and tip. I used the 3” foam brush to tip it. Hope this helps

https://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.ph ... ar#p412084
hey thanks for the response. That color scheme and boat is amazing. What paint did you use for the deck/inside?

Madgar

Post by Madgar »

The inside was rustoleum oyster white marine top side. Also, I have kiwigrip on the bottom about 4” up the side in cream color. Both I had leftover from another project.

Honestly, if you want to save money, the rustoleum topside paint does really well. Thin coats, and several of them. Only about $15/qt. Really can get a nice glossy look with it. I would put it on par with Pettit Easypoxy, interlux bright side, other single stage paint. If I had to do it over probably would used it on canoe instead of easypoxy. Now, you won’t mistake it for EMC, perfection or other 2 part paint but still it does well for 20% the cost.

Good luck