Durabak

See our FAQ and tutorials before posting.
bookseeb
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by bookseeb »

OK, I tried the soft scrub and it did work a lot better. I applied, scrubbed it in and left it for a few mins. and scrubbed again then rinsed, I had to really look to notice the oil stain. My oil stain was just one dab put on for a couple of days, I can imagine it being tougher to clean with oil that has been caked on for awhile.
Note: Do NOT use Goof Off, It claims to be the ultimate remover and it is in this case. I tried that last because it's a stain remover, but it also happens to be a Durabak remover, I could scrape it off with my finger nail.

Dynamo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Dynamo »

Hey, I've been investigating the same for the interior of my Panga. I stumbled on to Durabak used as a spray or rolled on bedliner. A similar product is herculiner. While researching these things I stumbled onto a similar product called Gator Guard which is actually a 2 part Epoxy product used for bedliners in trucks. It also seems about half the price of the other products. I'm going to use this stuff. Check out http://www.dominionsureseal.com/Product ... =35&page=1
Panga 20

JASmine
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by JASmine »

Dynamo..not to derail this thread but you should check out a product from Dyco...Safety Deck. It's easy to apply and looks super professional.

Old E.
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Old E. »

Jas, have you used Safety Deck? Know anything about how tough or stain resistant it is?

JASmine
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by JASmine »

I have not used it personally but I have seen the results up close. I couldn't imagine a better finish. Gary Pratt used it after Steve-in-Springhill recommended it. Here's a closeup from Gary's gallery..

http://gallery.bateau2.comdisplayimage. ... =319&pos=9

Both Gary and Steve have other pics in their galleries and can give you more details.