Anyone Fishing?

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Netpackrat
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Anyone Fishing?

Post by Netpackrat »

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I always have a hard time not seeing seals/sea lions like dogs. That didn’t do much to change my view.

the good humor was nice to see. Folks are rarely that verbally generous to the dolphins and sharks when they decide to play with your catch.

Thanks for the laugh.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Good video! Seals and sealions are bad about stealing your catch. They can really do a number on fish in a net :help:

Netpackrat
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Netpackrat »

Fuzz wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:56 pm Good video! Seals and sealions are bad about stealing your catch. They can really do a number on fish in a net :help:
To the last man, pretty much every commercial fisherman I know hates them. A couple friends and I had a run in with several of them while deer hunting 25+ years ago that scared the shit out of me, which is why I started to retreat to the cabin when it got close.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Took the wife and a buddy from Arizona to Seward for a little silver fishing. First time there this year so did not know what to expect. Decent but not great fishing but the weather was great.
I have said before my wife loves to fish. After catching one she reached into the net to get her hook loose and with the fish kicking she got a hook all the way through her thumb! Glad I had a good set of dikes to cut the hook off and good pliers to grap the hook and pull it through with. In case you do not know it is harder to pull a hook through skin than you might think. Learned my first aid kit could use a few more supplies. While pulling the hook the wife never whimpered a bit, I would have been laying on the deck crying :help: As soon as we got the bleeding stopped she was right back to fishing. That gal does like to fish :D

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice Fuzz, sorry to hear about the accident with your wife!! That sounds really painful!!! Jeff

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Fuzz wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:21 pm Took the wife and a buddy from Arizona to Seward for a little silver fishing. First time there this year so did not know what to expect. Decent but not great fishing but the weather was great.
I have said before my wife loves to fish. After catching one she reached into the net to get her hook loose and with the fish kicking she got a hook all the way through her thumb! Glad I had a good set of dikes to cut the hook off and good pliers to grap the hook and pull it through with. In case you do not know it is harder to pull a hook through skin than you might think. Learned my first aid kit could use a few more supplies. While pulling the hook the wife never whimpered a bit, I would have been laying on the deck crying :help: As soon as we got the bleeding stopped she was right back to fishing. That gal does like to fish :D
Awesome Fuzz, that girl is one tough bird!
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

I would take a catch like that any day any day Fuzz. Your wife is definitely a fisher woman, a hook like that hurts like hell.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

cape man

Post by cape man »

I would bet she was just angry she wasn't fishing while you were taking the hook out!

"David! I do not need this hook out! I need to fish!"
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

cape man wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:59 pm I would bet she was just angry she wasn't fishing while you were taking the hook out!

"David! I do not need this hook out! I need to fish!"
I told her what you said and she just laughed. Has not slowed her down at all. She is all excited for a halibut trip in the morning.
Went and got a tetanus shot today so all good for more fishing.
Tom she is a trooper when it comes to fishing. Only one trip did say uncle and it was dad blame lumpy that day.
VT Jeff I am thinking her and your wife would bond quite well if given the chance.