Anyone Fishing?

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Anyone Fishing?

Post by Dan_Smullen »

Jeff wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:45 pm Nice fish Dan!!! Jeff
🙌 Jeff! 8)

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Mrs tossed me out with the following statement: “I’m tired of shrimp! Don’t come back until you have something different!”

So I obliged. On trout for her dinner. Too bad Lil Bit wasn’t involved.
2AEE59EF-EE24-4BF6-A7D5-7A08A97A2BE7.jpeg
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice trout!!!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Jeff wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:22 pm Nice trout!!!! Jeff
Thanks! Mrs agreed at the first bite.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

BarraMan
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by BarraMan »

I fished last weekend and thought I would have something to show for it - but alas, it just didn’t happen! :(

Now focused on 10 days barra fishing in the Northern Terriitory in mid-November, including travel to a very remote area and a couple of ‘live aboard’ days and nights. 8O

This is what the boat was built for! :D

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Your trips give me hope that I’ll get there someday. Granted “getting there” in a sail boat may take days, but I hope to get there.

What’s the size target this year?

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Jaysen wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:33 pm Your trips give me hope that I’ll get there someday. Granted “getting there” in a sail boat may take days, but I hope to get there.
What’s the size target this year?
My fishing mate has convinced himself that we will crack the meter Barra on lure this trip! :lol: We have come close on most of our other trips to the NT, so maybe will we do it this time.

Another 2500 mile round trip from home to the McArthur River in the NT and back! The plan is to then run 20 nm down the McArthur - out into the Gulf of Carpentaria then another 40 nm east to the Robinson River, where we plan to fish for a couple of days before working our way back to the McArthur R.

Lots of planning to keep us safe and secure in BIG croc country! 8O

I think there may be a drone in my near future - so there could be some interesting video!

I live where the yellow pin is, on the right - and we are fishing where the red pins are on the upper left.

Our base camp at KAB is where the red pin is on the left. 20 nm to the mouth of the McArthur R and a further 40 nm to our fishing destination in the Robinson R, where the red pin is on the right.
Last edited by BarraMan on Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:05 am, edited 5 times in total.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Nice! Drone footage is highly encouraged!

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

World Barramundi Day today! :D

cape man

Post by cape man »

How much fuel is in the boat? 120 nm plus two days of fishing is respectable!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman