Anyone Fishing?

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Anyone Fishing?

Post by cape man »

Have a trip to Montana and Wyoming next month including a float boat outing with one of our grads. Bought a 5 weight outfit. May have to use it here for bream.
20210604_143724.jpg
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice Cape Man, enjoy the trip!!! Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Very nice cape man, enjoy the trip and cool temps and waters. When you get back that should be big enough for sea trout. :D Using that on poor little bream would be overkill. :lol: Unless your bream weigh more than the 3/4lb ones I catch. :lol:

Tomin
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

lelandtampa
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by lelandtampa »

First vacation since 2014. Fishing with family on Lake Gogebic in the upper peninsula of michigan. Image

Caught some dinky pike and blue gill, redears, and a few perch.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

lelandtampa wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:38 am First vacation since 2014. Fishing with family on Lake Gogebic in the upper peninsula of michigan.
I think you need more vacations than that! :(
Hank

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

I love the N. Peninsula went there often as a kid with my family. Have a great time.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Netpackrat
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Netpackrat »

Visiting my wife's family in Ketchikan, currently out on my father in law's boat. I have some YouTube gold once I put the clips together and edit out the swear words. F.I.L. won a tug-of-war with a sea lion over a coho. :lol:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I’m guessing the sea lions and seals are the tax man of your waters.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Netpackrat wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:55 pm Visiting my wife's family in Ketchikan, currently out on my father in law's boat. I have some YouTube gold once I put the clips together and edit out the swear words. F.I.L. won a tug-of-war with a sea lion over a coho. :lol:
Bring it on!

I fished the Kichatna R a few years ago for Coho - a great adventure!

Netpackrat
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Netpackrat »

I have to figure out how to use the editing software again. The salmon was surprisingly intact once it was landed.... Usually when a sea lion gets ahold of one it is shredded but only the rearmost parts of the filets had to be trimmed off. Sea lion was pissed off and continued to circle the boat. Finally we brought in the rest of the gear and moved elsewhere.