Anyone Fishing?

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

You're killing us! TOO sweet. Where is that? Been to Guatemala many times, Belize once, but never CR. Every picture I've seen from there makes it look like the place to be.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

We stayed and fished out of the Los Suenos Resort and Marina. It's on the Central Pacific coast, just north of Jaco at Herradura Bay.

Here is a link...

http://lsrm.com/destination.html
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

jgroves
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jgroves »

Larry,
Looks like you had a fine time!!!! My goodness what a pretty place. The photos are great!
Jeremy

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Larry nice fish! Glad you had a good time. Welcome back looking forward to your words of wisdom on the A G. :D

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

tobolamr
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tobolamr »

We were slaying the Bass last weekend... I got in at least 8 hours of fishing each day we were on the lake! Fireworks on the 4th were great - we sat in the middle of the flowage and got to see 6 different shows going on around us. Kids loved it!

I'll get a pic posted of the monster Smallmouth I pulled out... 19", about 4 lbs. Biggest smallie I've ever caught! I practiced CPR on it: Catch, Photograph, Release :lol:

Also brought in some "pencil pike" about 11-14", a couple of 16" walleye, and an 8" perch on a pig 'n jig :doh:

Mad Dog
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mad Dog »

tobolamr wrote: I'll get a pic posted of the monster Smallmouth I pulled out... 19", about 4 lbs. Biggest smallie I've ever caught! I practiced CPR on it: Catch, Photograph, Release :lol:
WOW 8O

That's a trophy small mouth for any one. Congratulations. :D
Ergo piscor, ergo sum

nort
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by nort »

I decided to do some fishing this afternoon after I finished all my running around on the coast. Fishing was lousy. No one was catching much, including me. I caught a croaker, a sea robin and this beauty, Image

That's right, 4 inches. How this little fish bit my hook I don't know, but I think this explains what was stealing my bait.

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Bait :lol:

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Yesterday afternoon we went out, the sea was a little strange very short wave's but it was a nice afternoon and we catched a reasonable 5 Barracuda's and a little Tuna! Sorry no pics! :oops:
Bad thing was we had I think around 6 very good (big) strikes and lost those in the fight :oops:

tobolamr
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tobolamr »

Last night, Bass Tournament...

Zero keepers in the boat. :cry:

All we could catch were little ones. 13" max. 14" is legal sized. The winner found the smallmouth hole, and had a 3lb 10oz fish, a 3lb 9oz fish, and 6 more to round out to 24lbs and 3oz.

Even with a goose-egg, we're still 3rd for the entire club for the year!

Still got to get pics of the 19" smallie from last weekend... 8)