Playing nice in the sand box

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
wegcagle
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Playing nice in the sand box

Post by wegcagle »

Thanks Craig,

I was starting to not enjoy the website as much as usual. It has made me think twice about trying to answer some question from my personal experiences.

No reason East coast and West coast can't get along. :D

Will

GV15, D4 done! Dreaming about the next one

colonialc19
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by colonialc19 »

well said, thanks for posting :!:

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

Personal experience is valuable to share. Please don't stop. Really. :) It is worth it even when the personality side, in sharing, or in responses, is bigger than life. I kind of enjoy the person side of it too, within reasonable limits (don't we all?), but the experience side has no less value just because you might have to search harder for it among the person-ality (we've all got one (good thing!), or sometimes two or more?). Alot of self-editing last week. Better that than not at all. :) Thank you Jacques for providing this wonderful sandbox in which we can all learn so much from one another's experiences... and personalities too. :)

I'm blabbering... huh?

I've only known one person during my life whose personality is flawless (no offense intended to all you other flawless people I haven't met yet :wink: ). But as is the way often enough, wisdom is given to us all through the imperfect personalities of each other, with a purposed effective wisdom in that too. Please don't stop sharing your boating and building experiences, or responding to those of others with something of your own thoughts or experiences.

The edit button is there too, just in case. Wonderful button. :)

That was the short version... I figured it was too late now to type about the *gasoline in the face and eyes* episode to illustrate the point... :help:

kdog
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by kdog »

I was wondering what the heck was going on around here lately. There have been a few times where I have caught myself before posting a questionable reply. Just not worth it and it accomplishes nothing.

Well said Cape Man.

msujmccorm
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by msujmccorm »

Apparently there was an outbreak of the winter strain of BBV :help: . It causes mild agitation and frustration. Don't worry, according to the doctors it's not contagious and will run its course without major damage. The duration is unknown but we may be able to guess as today is groundhog day.
Thanks to all who make this "Sandbox" a place to enjoy a part of my day. :D :D
Jeff
fl14 done, can't decide what's next!

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Thanks for keeping us focused Craig 8)

If yalls sandboxes look anything like mine, it's easy to figure why we're all mud wrestling :lol: This has been my view for the last 2 months, still raining and supposed to keep it up for the next 4 days, or weeks, or months :help: Haven't been able to use the front driveway in a few months, even Bradley's jeep would get stuck. The back isn't much better, bogged the boat trailer down last week and had to pull it out with a tractor. 8 more inches of rain since then, haven't tried it again. Below freezing ever night...Makes it hard to go fishing...

My apologies to anyone I may have offended.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Larry B
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Larry B »

Looks to me like you don't have to go far to launch your boat or go fishing :wink:
Completed: FL14, OD18

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Ya got that right, Larry :help: This is the Savannah River in our yard. Normally about 200' wide, it's 6 feet over flood and several miles wide right now. Still rising. If it was summer I could fish off the porch, but I'd have to lock up the dogs because of gators and snakes. Oh well, this too shall pass :lol: Going to be a good summer for mosquitoes though :!:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

cape man

Post by cape man »

I win the high water award! This was after Francis a few years ago. That's the top of the ladder for the slide going in the pool sticking out in the right foreground! Didn't last as long as your's Larry!!!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Larry B
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Larry B »

Craig, your going to have to build a higher slide if you want to slide very far :lol: :lol:
Man, I don't know how you guys do it :doh: I love the water, but not in my house :help: My house in the Philippines floods if we get a big typhoon, but alot of house's flood with just a normal rain. You can go into house's and see the water line on the walls :help: They just dry everything out and keep on going.
I guess it just goes with the territory as to where you want to live and what your willing to put up with :D :D
Completed: FL14, OD18