Playing nice in the sand box

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Playing nice in the sand box

Post by Cracker Larry »

Joe, you ain't right 8O No take that back. You're nuts! You called me crazy for taking you through Boca Grande pass in my boat :?: Heck it was warm and perfectly sane compared to that! And the water was liquid like it's supposed to be. You got to be nuts, meant in the friendliest sort of way of course :lol: I'd never leave the house, Heck if I got out there, I'd never leave that tent to try for the house :help: I'd call a MAYDAY, send the heated chopper for my Cracker @ss :lol:
I'll put up with the water when the river wants to go over the banks.
Me too 8) It's needs to do this sometimes, and we've been long over due. A year ago we were worried about forest fires and having drinking water, I think that's solved for a while :D It's just a nuisance, not a real problem. I can deal with about anything except all that snow. He calls me crazy :doh:
Hey, when were you photographing from my backyard ?
It looks just like your islands Peter, you just don't have the rattlesnakes :lol: And he doesn't have topless beaches. Hmmm...
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

To all....

I would like to express my regret over my recent sarcastic and distasteful remarks that I made on the Dry Sump thread. Even though I might THINK I have something constructive to add to a thread, if the presentation is not genuine and constructive then it is a wasted effort. I should add that my own experience with boats in my area might not relate to conditions another builder might expect in his area. I will strive in the future to temper my remarks and try to post in a more respectful manner. Also,for the record, I never commented on the locked thread even once.

For my comments, I apologize to Eric and his friend PJ, with no conditions. I have met a bunch of fine builders here during my help with organizing the Southeastern Boat Meets. Don't want to lose these fine friends because of stupid comments....

Richard
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

Larry B
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Larry B »

Cracker Larry wrote:
Hey, when were you photographing from my backyard ?
It looks just like your islands Peter, you just don't have the rattlesnakes :lol: And he doesn't have topless beaches. Hmmm...
And he don't have the Saguaro Cactus, Topless Beachs :doh: Yea your right, I have to drive a couple hours to Havasu to see the topless ladies or Mexico a few more hours South :D :D :D :D Or to Calif. they have topless, No they have total nude :D :D :D Down in Bowmovements area :D :D
Completed: FL14, OD18

Larry B
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Larry B »

Aripeka Angler wrote:To all....

I would like to express my regret over my recent sarcastic and distasteful remarks that I made on the Dry Sump thread. Even though I might THINK I have something constructive to add to a thread, if the presentation is not genuine and constructive then it is a wasted effort. I should add that my own experience with boats in my area might not relate to conditions another builder might expect in his area. I will strive in the future to temper my remarks and try to post in a more respectful manner. Also,for the record, I never commented on the locked thread even once.

For my comments, I apologize to Eric and his friend PJ, with no conditions. I have met a bunch of fine builders here during my help with organizing the Southeastern Boat Meets. Don't want to lose these fine friends because of stupid comments....

Richard
I don't think I would worry about it. I didn't read what you said, but still wouldn't worry about it. At least your smart enough to know when you said something stupid :doh: I'm not smart enough to know when I say something stupid :doh:
Completed: FL14, OD18

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Larry B wrote:And he don't have the Saguaro Cactus, Top
I'm not knowing anything about cactus's so I Googled a picture It looks like we have them not sure though they are the same, they look the same, over here they make soup of them maybe they don't taste the same? :P

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe H
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

Spokaloo

Post by Spokaloo »

AA, no apology necessary. I actually kinda think the coastal rivalry thing is fun and funny, as long as guys realize that its just that, poking fun. We all have big waters, and no matter whether its this forum, other forums, or just a group of anglers stumbling around some dock anywhere in the world, our home waters are always bigger and badder than someone else's.

Did you ever hear anyone talk about how it wasn't as hot or it wasn't as cold, not as much snow, or how mild things are at their own place? The extremes are what people define themselves on.

E

gk108

Post by gk108 »

Maybe that's Joe's secret, a thermos of hot cactus soup. :lol:
CC, D15, V10

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Spokaloo wrote: our home waters are always bigger and badder than someone else's.
Jeez I really wish they weren't :P
Spokaloo wrote:Did you ever hear anyone talk about how it wasn't as hot or it wasn't as cold, not as much snow, or how mild things are at their own place? The extremes are what people define themselves on. E
There's a remedy for that you know! come live over here :P it's always the same , sun & wind :|

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

gk108 wrote:Maybe that's Joe's secret, a thermos of hot cactus soup. :lol:
You've ever seen cactus soup? it's like slurping snot Image