Playing nice in the sand box

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Larry B
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Playing nice in the sand box

Post by Larry B »

peter-curacao wrote:
Larry B wrote:And he don't have the Saguaro Cactus, Top
I'm not knowing anything about cactus's so I Googled a picture It looks like we have them not sure though they are the same, they look the same, over here they make soup of them maybe they don't taste the same? :P
And this is why I know you don't have Saguaro Cactus :wink: :
Saguaro cacti, Carnegiea gigantea, only grow in the Sonoran Desert. However, they do not grow in all parts of the Sonoran Desert. This map represents the range of the Sonoran Desert (crosshatch) with an overlay of the range of the saguaro cactus (solid). The range of the saguaro is limited by freezing temperatures in winter.
Completed: FL14, OD18

peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by peter-curacao »

Larry B wrote:
peter-curacao wrote:
Larry B wrote:And he don't have the Saguaro Cactus, Top
I'm not knowing anything about cactus's so I Googled a picture It looks like we have them not sure though they are the same, they look the same, over here they make soup of them maybe they don't taste the same? :P
And this is why I know you don't have Saguaro Cactus :wink: :
Saguaro cacti, Carnegiea gigantea, only grow in the Sonoran Desert. However, they do not grow in all parts of the Sonoran Desert. This map represents the range of the Sonoran Desert (crosshatch) with an overlay of the range of the saguaro cactus (solid). The range of the saguaro is limited by freezing temperatures in winter.
Okay then probably we have the Curaçao cactus, you have those? :P

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Peter's ABC islands do have a fine crop of cactus. I'll be lazy and use somebody else's pictures. Easier than finding mine :lol:

My islands only have prickly pear and spanish bayonet. I'm glad :D
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Cracker Larry wrote:Image
Thanks Larry you see that front row? that's like a "natural" fence, probably the keep in or out goats, people and or farmers tighten two iron wires and put those cactus's cris cros between them, but youv've probably saw/knew that Image

Larry B
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Larry B »

peter-curacao wrote:
Cracker Larry wrote:Image
Thanks Larry you see that front row? that's like a "natural" fence, probably the keep in or out goats, people and or farmers tighten two iron wires and put those cactus's cris cros between them, but youv've probably saw/knew that Image
Thats Pretty Right There :D The Saguaro only grows 1" a year, so probably wouldn't be good for a fence if you wanted it this century :wink:

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

The Saguaro only grows 1" a year, so probably wouldn't be good for a fence if you wanted it this century
Some people are more patient than others :lol: We do have another type of cactus plant here, and I think probably in Curacao too that's called a Century Plant. It only blooms once in a hundred years or so. Then it dies :( A very widespread variety of Agave, it's used to make Tequila and some Mexican beers, jelly and soup too. The plant isn't too spectacular but the flower stalks shoot 40 feet in the air 8)

Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Bowmovement
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bowmovement »

Larry B wrote:
Cracker Larry wrote:
Hey, when were you photographing from my backyard ?
It looks just like your islands Peter, you just don't have the rattlesnakes :lol: And he doesn't have topless beaches. Hmmm...
And he don't have the Saguaro Cactus, Topless Beachs :doh: Yea your right, I have to drive a couple hours to Havasu to see the topless ladies or Mexico a few more hours South :D :D :D :D Or to Calif. they have topless, No they have total nude :D :D :D Down in Bowmovements area :D :D

Blacks Beach in La Jolla. I have never been and dont really want too. From what I have been told they aint all California Girls down there. A bunch of over wieght old men. Dont get me wrong, I aint got nothing against them, but I dont want to know all there business.

Matt
"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Larry B
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Larry B »

Bowmovement wrote:

Blacks Beach in La Jolla. I have never been and dont really want too. From what I have been told they aint all California Girls down there. A bunch of over wieght old men. Dont get me wrong, I aint got nothing against them, but I dont want to know all there business.

Matt
I went about 15 years ago when the girls were younger :D Have to admit there were some beauties :D I couldn't make the trek down the mountain now. It is one steep cliff :help: but if I went now, I'd be one of those old men your talking about :wink:
Oh and btw, this is on topic as I'm talking about the beach and it has Sand, and I'm playing nice :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

cape man

Post by cape man »

Since we got all the way to nude beaches, I think this posting has done its job. What a whacky great group this is.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :help: :help: :help: :help:
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

macs
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by macs »

Way to go Craig for saying what needed to be said. My dad said "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything"

Let's keep it possitive.

Macs :)