Page 1 of 1

Whats cooking

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:44 pm
by Tex 2009
Is anyone cooking something good today?
I made a big pot of chicken soup with hand cut vegetables, whole chicken boiled which made a great stock.
A pot of shrimp-sausage gumbo with thick dark rue in a cast iron pot.
3 small loaves of banana bread ( I didnt have any pecans ).
Come on over the fixins are ready.

Doug :D

Re: Whats cooking

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:21 pm
by gstanfield
Hmmm, I had steak and gravy on my way home from work this morning and now I'm about to go run, do some pushups and make a protein shake :D I am usually quite the cook, but when I am on my days on (12hr shifts) I keep things real simple. On my days off I'll get kinda creative for the family.

Your meal sounds good, enjoy it.

George

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:51 pm
by Bowmovement
Been busy bottling beer all afternoon and havent thought about dinner. Still have a 5gal batch to bottle and will be done. Maybe some yard bird and asparagus for dinner.

A recipe thread would be good here. I am sure some people here got some good stuff.

Matt

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:36 am
by Bobg
Anyone out there that like to use some well made and fresh spice mixtures, check out this site.

http://www.texasselectseasonings.com/Home.htm

There's a spice mix for every taste, from tolerable to insane. The owner of the company, Billy Powell, is a friend of mine. We've cooked together some at get togethers in Louisiana. I brought a NC hog to La, he seasoned it and it was cooked in a Cajun Microwave, built just for that gathering.

I don't mind taking a ride, if I know the food's going to be good.

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:44 am
by Tex 2009
Good web site for seasonings. I will be trying a spicy variety 8O