Neat experience at the Herreshoff Museum

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Rob Eades
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Neat experience at the Herreshoff Museum

Post by Rob Eades »

In early November I got an invite to a business event in Newport RI.We went a couple days early to spend some time in Mystic. While there we headed up to Bristol to check out the Herreshoff Museum.When we drove up the place looked deserted.A volunteer in his 70's had walked outside for a smoke.I must have had a long face when I asked him if they were open.He said they were closed but I was welcome to go in.For the next two hours I crawled all over the place, never seeing another human being.Sometime I had to find the light switches so I could see the boats and other stuff.When I left I tried to find someone to thank and tell them I was leaving.I never found anybody, so I turned the lights out and left.So, were they slack or what? I don't think so.I choose to take it as a compliment that I was seen as a kindred spirit.When I go there again I'll try to remember to add a donation to admission since I got such a pass the first time 8)

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Neat experience at the Herreshoff Museum

Post by glossieblack »

What a great experience. The Herreshoff gods were both smiling on you! 8)
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Walkers Run
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Neat experience at the Herreshoff Museum

Post by Walkers Run »

Pictures???
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
https://youtu.be/nzWO9FVJODo