Hopefully it's not just me....

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Noles309
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Hopefully it's not just me....

Post by Noles309 »

Not just you for sure. I cut my hull sides wrong (Luckily too high) I missed the dimension at the transom. Its a lot easier to fix, and cheaper, to cut long instead of short... :wink:
Surprisingly, I haven't gotten really that mad at my mistakes on this project....Home and car repairs, I'll be cussing and yelling up a storm, the dogs will go hide because they think I'm yelling at them :lol:
This boat building thing is like therapy for me.
Good luck!
Gary
GF-16 Completed

Fred in Wisc
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Fred in Wisc »

I'll share. I can tell you from experience that no matter how much time you give it, and no matter how much you heat it, a mix with 1 part medium hardener and 2 parts slow hardener will NEVER cure.

Scraping that off sucked a lot.

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

Or pulling up that piece of biax tape laid into an active wet on wet lamination, a piece that was just laid into an otherwise good lamination, and wet out into it with straight resin, no hardener. :oops:

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

Hey, cut it out you guys. You're just giving me ideas. The power of suggestion. :help:
Tony