Bad times and hard decisions

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Bad times and hard decisions

Post by Cracker Larry »

Yep, my Mom lived and died on her own terms. She always had a plan. She made me write lists of what she wanted done, who gets what, who sings at the funeral, what songs they sing, who plays the piano, who preaches, who says what, what route the funeral procession takes, had to go down particular streets one last time. When she had given her final instructions she died. She wanted it all done her way and we did it just like she wanted it.

Will and finances all in order, Power of Attorney, multiple names on bank accounts, no bills of significance to pay that we can't. She wasn't wealthy, but she was comfortable and owed nobody a dime. All in order or will be soon. It ain't fun but it could be a lot worse.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

stickystuff

Post by stickystuff »

I am sure you have heard it all. My condolences. Lost my mom at 88 and dad at 92. It aint easy but it all comes out good. Keep your chin up . all is good.
Ken :)
Capt. Ken Owens

A little saw dust, a little glue, and a lot of love, and she will float.

Southern Gent
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Southern Gent »

Dear Larry, Best Wishes as you and your family Live on and grieve your Mother's passing. Man, that was a a strong generation. Now when you " Talk with Her " you get the last word until you recall a few words of wisdom in a past conversation.

tobolamr
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tobolamr »

Larry, I'm sorry I'm late to the party. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm just an e-mail away if you ever need to visit.

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Thank you all. Appreciate it.
I'm just an e-mail away if you ever need to visit
Wisconsin in the winter 8O I'm not sure I can even email Wisconsin in the winter. I once spent a February in Madison, WI, never again :help: Thanks though!
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

stickystuff

Post by stickystuff »

My son lives in Marshfield, Wi. Daughter in law is one of three VP's at the Marshfield Clinic. Lots of smarts between the two. Very proud of them.
Capt. Ken Owens

A little saw dust, a little glue, and a lot of love, and she will float.