Sure is quiet around here...

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Sure is quiet around here...

Post by Cracker Larry »

We had a Beagle for a while and wound up giving it to a rancher. Seigel the Beagle got to ride in trucks and chase animals, and quit eating stuff or so we heard. That decision was a win for all involved.
Our last one got snake bit. A win for all involved. No more beagles for us.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Rickk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rickk »

Cracker Larry wrote:
I think we average $17/day for 12 hours. Hard to find a baby sitter for your kid let alone your dog for $1.42/hr.
That's not bad at all. This one is about $35 a day. It's swank though, from a dog's standpoint. We are trying to get a deal with them now. I want to take my son and his wife to Costa Rica for a couple of weeks, but between us we have 6 dogs to board. Trying to work out a reasonable package arrangement, but I think the condo in CR will cost less than the dog boarding, even with an employee and group rate discount :?
They are like $40 to board a dog/day - so you are actually getting a better deal at $35. But I feel your pain having 6 dogs to board :cry:

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Cracker Larry wrote:
I love cats.
Can't eat a whole one by myself, though.........
Best use for them I've found too. Fish bait is a close second :lol:

I'm sure that some cat lovers will disagree....
We keep 'em around in case of the Zombie apocalypse. When the fresh meat runs out we'll harvest one or two. :wink:

Agree on the beagles. Dump as a post. Cute though. This is Dudley. Dudley wasn't long for this world.

My bestest buddy is a cat. Boots, the ole' retired Tom Cat. He and I are inseparable. He'll be the last to be harvested! :lol:

Got our first real taste of winter today. Made it 5 miles towards work and had to turn around.
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Fuzz wrote:Rick you need to tell at some point. I have thought about getting one but not if they have problems.
Thanks, Fuzz
Hey Fuzz, not a problem with the equipment. Had an issue with the directions the mfgr sent to replace the prop shaft. They forgot to mention they 'locktited' the shaft into the CV joints. The machinist didn't figure this out till he had 23,000 lbs pressure on it and it went *sproing*

You can easily see the crack in the bearing race. All the force was put on the ball bearings and imparted to the race and it cracked where it was weakest. Good news is the CV joints might be domestic parts even though the drive comes from The Netherlands. Apparently they're CV joints for a late model Jeep Cherokee or Liberty 4X4. I just have to find one to make sure it fits.

So if you order what you need and don't do anything stupid like stretch the hull you'll be fine with a Python Drive.
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

[/quote]So if you order what you need and don't do anything stupid like stretch the hull you'll be fine with a Python Drive.[/quote]

Thanks Rick. I had an AquaDrive on a boat for several years. I never had any problems with it and it solved the shafting problems I was having. Too small of a shaft/too much HP. Being able to shorten the shaft and keep things in line made all the difference for me. The AquaDrive was spendy and if the Python Drive works the same at a lower price then they would be a nice option.
Fuzz

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hi all,

Uhhh, I did not say a "beagle"...I said "beagle-sized" :lol: Anyhow, looking at French Bulldog or a Terrier of some kind :D
Distant decision and not that all ready. It would be cool tho 8)

Sorry to high jack your thread Larry, we kinda of gravitate towards the Oracle 8)

Nice to hear from everyone and Rick...shovel time :help: and cats are way cooler than dogs anytime :wink:

Marc

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

It ain't possible to hijack this thread. :lol:
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Q
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Q »

Cracker Larry wrote:It ain't possible to hijack this thread. :lol:
Well, Larry....that's good news!

What the heck is a "Python Drive?" :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
I now know without a doubt or hesitation why the chicken crossed the road.....

....it was to show the armadillo it could be done.

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

This is an anything goes, say something positive to relieve the silence sort of thread, no politics or religion here please, just pure BS :D

Dang if I know what a python drive is either. I could google it, but don't really need to know.

Happy New Year to all. Be safe out there. :D

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

It's a combination between a thrust bearing and two CV joints.

http://www.pythondrive.com/800/talen/en ... /P60-K.htm
Yours Aye! Rick