Sure is quiet around here...

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sure is quiet around here...

Post by jacquesmm »

This thread about nothing in particular is the most active one we had in a while.

About the Python Drive: years ago, I was a dealer for the Aquadrive. That thing is fantastic. You can put the inboard on very soft mounts, no vibrations. Besides the CV joints, the most important part is the thrust bearing.

Happy New-Year everybody.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

jacquesmm wrote:This thread about nothing in particular is the most active one we had in a while.

About the Python Drive: years ago, I was a dealer for the Aquadrive. That thing is fantastic. You can put the inboard on very soft mounts, no vibrations. Besides the CV joints, the most important part is the thrust bearing.

Happy New-Year everybody.
Nice of Larry to let us take over his Thread :lol:
I spoke to the owner of the boat I put an Aquadrive in 25 years ago this fall. He told me it was still in the boat and working just fine. Based on that I would agree it is a very good product.
For those who do not know it is for inboards. There is a thrust bearing solid mounted to the stringers. Between that and the engine you have CV joints. This lets you run soft engine mounts and cures alignment problems. I believe they last longer if there is some miss -alignment. Something about letting the bearings move. If the wallet and room allows I would put them on any inboard boat I had.
Fuzz

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Happy New Year to all :D I went to bed early, got up early, and it's still raining.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Cracker Larry wrote:Happy New Year to all :D I went to bed early, got up early, and it's still raining.
Happy New Year Dusty Cracker & Mrs. Cracker. Hope all is well and greater things to come in the new year.

Colder than heck here right now. Not planning on going anywhere till this hangover wears off! :?
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

I ain't even got a hangover this morning, must be getting old! But I've got a fresh bloody Mary and the day is still young :D

Very warm here for this time of year. Record warms. Lows in the 70s, highs in the 80's. About 30 degrees above normal. My big stack of firewood is sitting unused, which is fine with me.

It's been a rough year for our family, and some others on the forum too. I think Aripeka Angler lost his brother last night, they had a bad New Years eve and a rough year too. Praying for a better year to come for everyone.
Last edited by Cracker Larry on Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Happy New Year :D everyone !!

"thread about nothing" :lol: :lol: hmmm was there not a TV show 'bout that ?

(how do you copy & paste a quote from another post? I never did figure that one out)

Jacques if you read this, I recall you had mentioned your daughter is in the Ottawa region ? Next building season if you are up this way, let me know and I could take you to the boat. Not your design but still a Bateau offering 8)

Marc
P.S. Rick KnottyBuoyz is about 1.5 hours away I think, way opposite direction towards the St. Lawrence.

Decided on not getting a dog :roll: too many hassles along the way.

cottontop
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by cottontop »

"Happy 1st Day of The New Year" everyone! Hope you all made it through the night safely. Our daughter, her husband and 3 sons came over to celebrate. I spent my evening watching kids programs with my grandsons on the porch and the others played board games. I had intended on watching some football, but those boys come 1st(they and our other two grandchildren are our future). Hope you all have a great day. John

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

My son and his wife had to work, but they are coming later and spending the weekend. Still waiting on a grand kid, no hurry on that though, just got my DIL this year, but I sure love that girl. My son did real good. Probably the best thing that happened for us last year :D DIL and puppies were the highlights of the year, and she and I shared the puppy birthing together which was really cool.

Liking my new puppy, and Cane is making a great daddy. I think she might be getting spoiled already :D

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

(how do you copy & paste a quote from another post? I never did figure that one out)
Just highlight the section you want to quote by dragging your cursor through it. It should turn blue. Now either right click on it and select "Copy", or hit Ctrl C together which does the same thing.

Then left click where you want it appear, right click and select Paste, or just hit Ctrl V which will also paste. Once the quote is where you want it, highlight it again and hit the "Quote" button on the top of the page. It's harder and longer to explain than it is to do :help:

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

blueflood wrote:
Another way to do it is hit the "quote" button at the top of the desired post and it will put the whole thing in the reply box with attributes, if you don't want all of it you can delete some of it. You can quote multiple posts by going down the line clicking that button in each.
Hank