Time to give it up.

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
stickystuff
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Time to give it up.

Post by stickystuff »

Since my wife passed away I will be moving to the other coast. East that is.I have a s&%#t load of boat building stuff. It kills me to have to get rid of it. I just wont have the room. To start with I have approx 1/2 gallon of easy pox with slow hardner. Two full part A and B flotation foam. Thats one jug of A and one B. multiple glass. 8oz roll of 4" and a mix match of 12 etc.Lots of sandpaper for 6" orbital sander .I have two or three plastic tubs of misc rigging items. Just about anything you need torig without spending a lot of money on new stuff. I have two tubs of breathing masks for painting with extra (new) filters.I could go on andonn. Under my porch I have a mess of Mahogony wood. Killer stuff for trim work.I have some net 2" thick blocks of mahogony, oak andsome other that I am not sure of. Cedar is one of them. Perfect for cutting with a band saw to make push pole brackets like the ones that Mike (Sea Slug) makes.Other Okoume templates for FS 13 SK14LS and some others. I also have builder platforms for laying out and setting up all your builds. 2X4 frames to set on saw horses when you start your builds.I also have some short lengths of rub rail that Bateau sells.I could fill up the back of a pickup.
The big item that kills me to sell is my Craftsman Professional 80 gal. two stage air compressor made by DeVilbis. Catfish Hunter I am prob 8 miles North of you in Crystal River. ! am asking $450. for the compressor. The rest is negotiable. I started build of a stand up consol with Alum grab bar. It is tacked together temporarily. Hard to describe. All this, the wood part is under my porch. Not in dirt but on concrete. I also have a length of net 2"mahogony rough sawm in my shop.parts of it have been sawn out for trim parts of the black bitch(XF 20 that I built.

Take a ride and bring your wallet. To move my compressor bring some help. It is big and heavy. I am wearing a back brace and can not do any heavy lifting.Call me on my cell at 352 342- 6619 any time.

Another biggie. I have over 300 numbers for GPS for off shore crystal river,Cedar Key and some South.I have them on a chip or in writing. I also have them in a Lowrance LMS 332 GPS LGC 2000 receiver with over 300 waypoints in it for the same area as above. Cobra Submersible VHF radio with antenna Rule 500gpm Bildge pump with a Seachoice auto float switch and an Air Guide compass.Price is negotiable for these items as a package unit.

Got togo. Tears are starting to form. Happy new year every body. Go back to Jensen Beach next yr. for meet. I will be just around thecorner somewhere.
Capt. Ken Owens

A little saw dust, a little glue, and a lot of love, and she will float.

fallguy1000

Re: Time to give it up.

Post by fallguy1000 »

Where you moving to ???
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

stickystuff, I thought you were going to stay in your home on the West Coast?? What happened?? Jeff

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

stickystuff

Do you have spring clamps? C clamps?

I'm in DeLand, just west if Daytona Beach.

Let Me know, we could meet up.

Bob.

Southern Gent
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Southern Gent »

Dear Ken, You are an inspiration. At some point we do have to say Godspeed to a dying mate. Then a reality check on age offers other opportunities.

My wife and I just revisited Riverside Marina and Resort on Homosassa River. We spend our honeymoon there in 1971, no Fishing.
Boy, that area has changed and us too. We have visited several times and I fished on those trips.

Best wishes and travel safe

stickystuff

Post by stickystuff »

For what it costs for fuel and time it would be a heck of a lot cheaper to go to Harbor Freight for clamps or even flea market. Cheapest clamps and home made is 3 or 4 " PVC Pipe and cut a bunch of 2" +_- wide pieces and then make a saw cut on one edge and spring them open. Best easy cheap clamp. You can make as many as you want. Cut them and throw them in a 5 gal bucket. TA Daaa!
Capt. Ken Owens

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

stickystuff wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:46 am For what it costs for fuel and time it would be a heck of a lot cheaper to go to Harbor Freight for clamps or even flea market. Cheapest clamps and home made is 3 or 4 " PVC Pipe and cut a bunch of 2" +_- wide pieces and then make a saw cut on one edge and spring them open. Best easy cheap clamp. You can make as many as you want. Cut them and throw them in a 5 gal bucket. TA Daaa!

I have a thing for "spring clamps" :wink:

Thought you would have buckets of them, I have tried the PVC pipe ones and did not like them. Maybe I'll try them again on the LM18. Good luck and enjoy the East Coast.
Bob.

stickystuff

Post by stickystuff »

depending on what you do or how to do it you really don't need a lot of clamps.drywall screws work just fine. Back them out when done and usually :doh: just fill the holes. You are not going to see them most of the time. More clamps more to store or try to get rid of.
Capt. Ken Owens