C21 for sale

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

C21 for sale

Post by Eric1 »

Due to the reasons I've stated on the build page, I have to sell this boat.
All remaining 1088 okume, fiberglass, paint,primer some Silvertip hardener,Eze Fillet,sandpaper well everything goes with it.

The boat and build is well documented here: https://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.ph ... start=2830

I'm only asking the cost of the materials. $9,545.00

My cell# is 864-237-4096

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: C21 for sell

Post by piperdown »

Eric, it absolutely breaks my heart to see you having to sell everything.
I hope you get it sold quickly and whoever buys it understands the craftsmanship you have put into that boat.
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Who ever buys that boat gets a fantastic deal. I followed that build since the beginning and it is the best built C21 I have ever seen. All materials are 1st class as specified on the plans.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

piperdown wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:07 pm Eric, it absolutely breaks my heart to see you having to sell everything.
I hope you get it sold quickly and whoever buys it understands the craftsmanship you have put into that boat.
Thank you piperdown. I have tears in my eyes at the thought of it.
jacquesmm wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:27 pm Who ever buys that boat gets a fantastic deal. I followed that build since the beginning and it is the best built C21 I have ever seen. All materials are 1st class as specified on the plans.
Thank you so much Jacques. That means a lot to me. I promised you I would do my best try to make a beautiful boat when I bought your plans.
If it doesn't sell I'll have to find a way to keep it. I've put a lot of me in the build and I'm filled with great sadness to part with her.

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

This is such sad news to hear, Eric. No one deserves that boat but you. Hope there will be some change of fortune that allows you to keep her. Best wishes to you.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Eric my heart is in my stomach as I write this. Let's see if you can get back on your feet with your shop by selling it or finding new work or finding work else where. I would hate to see you sell the C21 after all the work you have put into her. Take your time and do not panic. I went through the not having a job 35 years ago. Spent 5 years deciding what to do and then bought the Nursery in NC. Spent 12 years trying to make it profitable and filed for bankruptcy. Got a job at a rafting company doing there accounting books and finally retired.

May God Bless You. Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Eric, with your approval, I sent your complete build thread to a customer late yesterday. I even forwarded your last thread update with the price for your C21. I likely will not hear back from him until early next week and will call you as soon as I talk to him. Jeff

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Thanks
Everyone

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: C21 for sale

Post by cape man »

Eric,

If I could I would buy it and hold onto it until you recover (which I know you will). Unfortunately I don't have anywhere to store it.

As others have suggested, think real hard before selling it. None of us know your precise financial situation so advising you is not our's to do, but look hard at what $9,545 will do to change your position versus selling something that means so much to you (and us!). Year's ago I hit rock bottom financially and considered selling my cedar strip canoe for $2,000 (had someone willing to pay that). Had some antiques including a gun worth more than the canoe etc.... Instead I sucked it in a little harder and made it through. The $5-10K I might have made selling some treasures would not have really fixed everything anyway, and what worked was a complete change of lifestyle and focus to stick with a short, mid, and long-term solution to where I found myself and the family.

Today I am really glad of the decision, even though at the time it made it harder to stay afloat.

With that said, and again saying I have no idea of what you need right now, if you do sell it I hope whoever gets it realizes what a masterpiece you have put together, and appreciates the free labor that comes with the deal.

Hang in there brother. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: C21 for sale

Post by OrangeQuest »

What Cape man stated. Very sorry for all the hard times in your life right now and hope you can see the light before to long.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne