13 gallon fuel tank for cost of shipping

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Dr Pete
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: 13 gallon fuel tank for cost of shipping

Post by Dr Pete »

I’ll buy if you still have it. Pete. Peterjdvm@yahoo.com

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

No need now.

Dr Pete
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Dr Pete »

Do you still have that tank? Wasn’t in the neighborhood of $150 to ship? Thanks Pete.
peterjdvm@yahoo.com

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

PeteEdquist wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:22 pm Do you still have that tank? Wasn’t in the neighborhood of $150 to ship? Thanks Pete.
peterjdvm@yahoo.com
Yeah, it was crazy money, hoping maybe someone in NE can use it eventually.
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

Dr Pete
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Dr Pete »

Do you still have that tank? Wasn’t in the neighborhood of $150 to ship? Thanks Pete.
peterjdvm@yahoo.com
If you would please send some dimensions and a current shipping price. I’m moving towards starting another build. Would it fit under the foredeck of LM 18. If still in the 150 range it still would be a savings over new? What did you pay? Shipping to 1107 Zunker St. Seguin, Tx 78155. Thanks Email May be easier or text. peterjdvm@yahoo.com. 512-925-9746

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Hi guys I used my UPS account to calculate the shipping on the tank that BB Sig showed. Figured on a box of 32.5 x 10.5 x 12.75, this incudes the height of the fittings. Weight then becomes the issue, let it calculate from 30 -50lbs and it came up from 79 - 103 dollars, hat did not include packing materials so add another $10. So I hope that helps you guys decide on what you want to do. VT_Jeff if you can give me a more accurate weight and you both give me your exact addresses by e-mail arrowhea @ live.com I can give you an exact price. We will just add 10lbs for packaging.

I will let you guys work it out and let me know if you need me.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

TomW1 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:31 pm Hi guys I used my UPS account to calculate the shipping on the tank that BB Sig showed. Figured on a box of 32.5 x 10.5 x 12.75, this incudes the height of the fittings. Weight then becomes the issue, let it calculate from 30 -50lbs and it came up from 79 - 103 dollars, hat did not include packing materials so add another $10. So I hope that helps you guys decide on what you want to do. VT_Jeff if you can give me a more accurate weight and you both give me your exact addresses by e-mail arrowhea @ live.com I can give you an exact price. We will just add 10lbs for packaging.

I will let you guys work it out and let me know if you need me.

Tom
Thanks Tom. I brought it to the UPS store a while back and it was closer to $150 for whatever reason bit I'm going to give it another shot and see what we get.
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie