September Sally

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

September Sally

Post by cape man »

Woke up early to a very stiff wind, but we are dodging another one here. Those of you in Louisiana and Mississippi are in for another round though. Stay safe!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

fallguy1000

Re: September Sally

Post by fallguy1000 »

We don't get the wind, but our houseboat had a lousy heater and she ran at about 38F inside all night. The old guy with chf did not like the chilly air.

Good luck with the winds.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Yes, another one headed to LA!!! Be safe for all of you guys on the Coast!! Jeff

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

All, looks like a pan handle hit!! I hope all of you guys are staying safe and getting ready up there!!! Jeff

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Looks like it's heading for Pensacola. Hopefully it stays over there! Chainsaw is already sharp and fueled! I'll go out for generator fuel this evening and hope to end up using it in the lawn mower. :D

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I hope so for you guys too!!! Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Latest looks like Mobile. New member Kenyfoozed not spelled write is from there. Also a few other members. Wishing you all well. Even here in NC mountains could get 10" of rain. this is one nasty rainy storm. Predicting record rains along the Gulf states-30+".

Every body stay safe and get out of her way. Don't want to hear of any deaths.

God bless all.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Please post when you hear from anyone in the path of Sally. Looks like a bunch of flooding!! We spoke with a customer in Tallahassee, Florida and he said it was not too bad there!! Jeff

wadestep
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wadestep »

My mother in law in is in niceville fl near Destin. She is one block off the bay on the mainland. Sea water came at least 2 feet high in her yard but she had another 4 feet to go before it got in the house before it started receding. Another one safely passed.
Wade
Completed : OB19, CC14, GV10.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Good for her Wade. The Weather Channel is showing some really serious damage in both Alabama and Florida. Seems that a number of big boats (yachts) got loose and are now grounded!! Jeff