Engine mounting

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Engine mounting

Post by fallguy1000 »

I was told to raise it to the highest spot and drop it down if needed by using my 5.5" jack down adjustment.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

fallguy1000 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:21 pm I was told to raise it to the highest spot and drop it down if needed by using my 5.5" jack down adjustment.
That is correct. Also straighten out your motor so the cav plate is level and measure again. Your not getting a good measurement with it angled like that. The big thing is you want to be able to raise and lower the motor the motor from the DWL with the jack plate.

Looking good guy. :D
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Most of what I know about propping an outboard hull is based off them having a flat run in the stern half. With these hulls having so much rocker I think getting the motors set right is going to be tough.

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

I agree - only way to get it sorted is to run it. I thought I had mine pretty well right - but ended up lifting it another 2”.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

How many bolts am I supposed to use? If I go to position two, I can bolt with 8. If I am in the highest hole; only 4.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495