what is the weirdest boat you've seen?

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
BrianC
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

what is the weirdest boat you've seen?

Post by BrianC »

Saw this cruising down the ICW today:

I gotta say I like the idea of a floating tiki bar! I would make a good fishing platform as well.
SK14 completed ——— GV15 under construction "...there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”
The Wind in the Willows — Kenneth Grahame

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: what is the weirdest boat you've seen?

Post by BB Sig »

:lol: I know a few places I could make a lot of money with that! I've got nothing that comes close to that!

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

You must have been near Charleston. That guy was a favorite “end of race” for us.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Pretty cool!! Jeff

BrianC
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by BrianC »

Jaysen wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:10 am You must have been near Charleston. That guy was a favorite “end of race” for us.
I’m about 25 miles west of Beaufort, North Carolina — maybe he’s doing the great loop! :doh:
SK14 completed ——— GV15 under construction "...there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”
The Wind in the Willows — Kenneth Grahame

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

BrianC wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:37 am
Jaysen wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:10 am You must have been near Charleston. That guy was a favorite “end of race” for us.
I’m about 25 miles west of Beaufort, North Carolina — maybe he’s doing the great loop! :doh:
If I recall, he was of a northern persuasion. He may be looking for less "red state" politics. Although coastal SC is pretty purple these days.

It would be hilarious if it was the same guy. end of the day, it is just a drop on over the hull. I think it was on a pontoon boat for a while then on a Carolina Skiff hull after that.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.