What site are people using for photo sharing?

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
BarraMan
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

What site are people using for photo sharing?

Post by BarraMan »

What site are people using for photo sharing? :doh:

I was using Fototime, but it went belly up on 10 March! :help:

cracked_ribs
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: What site are people using for photo sharing?

Post by cracked_ribs »

Personally I use Imgur.

I'd use the gallery here but I have a couple of threads on this so I upload everything to a site I can just pull universally functional links from.

Of course, I have no control over what Imgur does in the future, so who knows. But that's what I use.
I designed my own boat. This is the build thread:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=65349

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Use the gallery here for boat stuff. Use separate albums for each thread to make life simple.

If you need general personal stuff... Google drive or Amazon s3. There are apps for multiple OS that can manage the storage.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Matt Gent
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Matt Gent »

I used Photobucket for years until that went tits up. Then I made my own website (through wordpress, hosted by hostgator). Its not free, but I own & control it completely. Upload is a little clunky from my iPhone, probably could get an app for that instead of mobile web format.

I do use Google Photos for my general backup, and can share there too. But I don't think it allows hotlinking, only linking to the photo or to the album (share link function).

My main function is to create hot-linked photos for forums like this one.

Google photos does work great for sharing to people you know. If we take a group or family vacation, I'll create an album for that and share for all involved, and allow them to share photos into it too.

Imgur is probably the easiest free option for a pic here or there.

mattkab
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by mattkab »

Matt Gent wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:45 pm I used Photobucket for years until that went tits up. Then I made my own website (through wordpress, hosted by hostgator). Its not free, but I own & control it completely. Upload is a little clunky from my iPhone, probably could get an app for that instead of mobile web format.
+1 for Wordpress.

The app (Android for me) makes it super easy to upload, plus I have full control over image dimensions so I can publish it at different sizes on different sites.
Matt.
Seattle, WA.

GV-13 Build thread & Questions
Previously completed V10 & Launch

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Jaysen wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:38 am Use the gallery here for boat stuff. Use separate albums for each thread to make life simple.
If you need general personal stuff... Google drive or Amazon s3. There are apps for multiple OS that can manage the storage.
Done!
Thanks Jaysen!
The only place I need it is here! :D