Motor, props, and cavitation

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Motor, props, and cavitation

Post by fallguy1000 »

Can you lower it to the next location down?
FE67CCAF-DBE8-47DA-AAD8-A260333CC97D.jpeg
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

This is a 2004. The “lock” section is just 1/4” channel (banks are cast out of the load plane) with a lightweight metal alloy providing the tilt. At the lower sections it is much more robust and machined into the larger casting. But at the “up” position it’s pretty flimsy. I don’t think I’ll be able to get a pic today. Maybe Friday as that is now “drill and cry” day (aka mount your new winches! day).
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Yep Jaysen switching to the 15" of drop will solve your problem. It is just the design of a sailboats transom that is causing you the problem since it sets above the water line unlike a power boat as your picture shows. Good luck finding all the change under the cushions of the chairs and sofa. :lol:

Thanks for the pics.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978