Help

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
fishgitr
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Help

Post by fishgitr »

Hey guys!

I am reposting here from Microskiff.

A good friend of mine is in need of help. He and his wife just recently had a little baby girl. She was immediately air lifted to another hospital due to an infection. She has had two surgeries and two transfusions. They are away from their house and can use all the help they can get.

If you all can help donate, that would be great.

James Curry aka boatbrains, will give you the shirt off of his back. He helps countless number of people. He has days and days of post on microskiff and other forums of nothing but helping folks fix their boats, explaining how to do things, and building boats, something we all have in common. At this time of need, I am asking and praying that you all can help this family out. I appreciate you all! 🙏🙏

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-support ... e=customer

Guys please repost this on your Instagram accounts, etc.

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Help

Post by VT_Jeff »

Done.
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

fishgitr
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by fishgitr »

Thank you sir!

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

fishgitr wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:36 am Thank you sir!
NP. Good on ya for trying to help out a fellow builder, heartbreaking story!
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

fishgitr
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by fishgitr »

It is very heartbreaking! They are good folks!

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

I recall a few years back on Microskiff where someone was delivering a boat he had just finished building for someone and got rear-ended while delivering it. The boat was totaled, had never seen the water. My recollection was that the microskiff folks came together pretty quickly to offer money, materials and labor to get that boat re-built for the customer really quickly. I lost track of how it ended up but it definitely left an impression on me.

fishgitr
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by fishgitr »

So I built that boat for one of my clients and I started the GFM for that. I have fiberglass that skiff for him and james(the one I just set up for the new gfm) he is doing all the finishing touches to that skiff.

James and I have done that skiff on our dime and time. We got about $1200 in donations. The rest has been on us. He had the harder job "finishing" it. I only shaped and glassed it.

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

fishgitr wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:44 pm So I built that boat for one of my clients and I started the GFM for that. I have fiberglass that skiff for him and james(the one I just set up for the new gfm) he is doing all the finishing touches to that skiff.

James and I have done that skiff on our dime and time. We got about $1200 in donations. The rest has been on us. He had the harder job "finishing" it. I only shaped and glassed it.
Wow. Ouch! Since I saw that story I've been obsessed with finding trailering insurance for my fs14 build, not having much luck.

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

VT_Jeff wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:24 pm
fishgitr wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:44 pm So I built that boat for one of my clients and I started the GFM for that. I have fiberglass that skiff for him and james(the one I just set up for the new gfm) he is doing all the finishing touches to that skiff.

Wow. Ouch! Since I saw that story I've been obsessed with finding trailering insurance for my fs14 build, not having much luck.
Just remember the boat is composite, not wood.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

fishgitr
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by fishgitr »

Here is the microskiff discussion. Let's help James out guys.

https://www.microskiff.com/threads/sadi ... ons.90344/