Venting the console/electronics enclosure

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Venting the console/electronics enclosure

Post by cape man »

So is the blue square the exhaust?
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

cape man wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:26 am So is the blue square the exhaust?
That'll be the pc fan exhaust. The boiler exhaust is to starboard and lotsa rules about inches from openings.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Here is the super hot exhaust. I plan to put a heat shield over it because it is by a walking lane.
FA7BDE44-55B7-453C-A384-E4A100B2C0AF.jpeg

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Anyway to vent through through top of the cabin?

What are the standards/regulations on venting, both intake and exhaust, to the combustible heater/boiler besides the 20" clearance? I was reading that inside the cabin would be classified as attended or unattended? What kind of exhaust fumes are we talking about? propane, diesel or other?
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

OrangeQuest wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:24 pm Anyway to vent through through top of the cabin?

What are the standards/regulations on venting, both intake and exhaust, to the combustible heater/boiler besides the 20" clearance? I was reading that inside the cabin would be classified as attended or unattended? What kind of exhaust fumes are we talking about? propane, diesel or other?

I'd need to reread the manual for the tsl17 webasto diesel boiler to be sure. But unlikely they will not allow me to vent excess heat from the chamber. The powered vent would assist in pulling co from the cabin when running. If, otoh, the exhaust was not sealed, that would reroute exhaust fumes, but I will reread the rules. Thanks for thinking of it.

The intake for the boiler is further down the same side I planned the excess heat vent. That is subject to a few rules; mostly that it is outside air and that is is not cross contaminated with the boiler exhaust,