Bilge Opt-Out

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bilge Opt-Out

Post by jacquesmm »

I wonder what is the problem really is because I don't see it. I look at the last posts by opening bateau2.com and see the last posts there, on the left, nothing from the Bilge ever shows up.
I also did not see any thread title that could make anybody cringe.
I was at the grocery store 1 hour ago and, on the cover of a magazine, some of the pictures of semi naked celebrities were much more offensive than any thread title in the Bilge.
I did not buy the magazine.
Anyway, I will try to hide those titles but don't know how to do it. Our webmaster will know.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

gtcoupe
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gtcoupe »

For Gods sake if you don't like wht you read in the bilge, dont go there! :D
Completed: FL12 GV10
Next up: P19!
Doug

Noles309
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Noles309 »

gtcoupe wrote:For Gods sake if you don't like wht you read in the bilge, dont go there! :D
Yep, pretty simple.
Gary
GF-16 Completed

Walkers Run
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Walkers Run »

gtcoupe wrote:For Gods sake if you don't like wht you read in the bilge, dont go there! :D
Those are Words to live by.
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
https://youtu.be/nzWO9FVJODo

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

I've been pretty lucky separating sailing from politics and religion, which I try to stop at the gunwales. No problem doing the same here, and I'm glad there's an alternative for people to vent. I think it's a great arrangement as it stands and have never had any intrusions on my boat building fantasies. Seems easy to avoid.
Tony

tobolamr
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tobolamr »

I agree that if you don't like it, don't go there. But some folks... Some folks would prefer just not seeing it at all, from what I am gathering. And, to be very blunt, it can be rather heated in the Bilge. I was hoping that the thought of an option for The Bilge would help folks see that if it is something too much, it can be taken out for them. Sometimes the temptation overcomes rational thinking.

I really do enjoy the Joke of the Day and a few other discussions down there. I want to keep the bilge open for all. But... For the folks who have an issue with the Bilge, having an option to have it disappear isn't so bad.

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

When you go to the *Board Index*, and click on *New posts*, Bilge posts do show up there. Perhaps that is where the surgery is needed? I don't mind it as it is now, but I will not mind it changed either, as long as when actually in the Bilge, one can click on a *New posts* option, to see what is new in the Bilge without having to hunt through the whole thing. :)

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

ks8 wrote:When you go to the *Board Index*, and click on *New posts*, Bilge posts do show up there. Perhaps that is where the surgery is needed?
OK, that's clear now. I see where the problem is.
I'll discuss it tomorrow with the webmaster.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

I don't see the "new posts" button. Where is it?

ooops. Never mind.
Tony

Noles309
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Noles309 »

ks8 wrote:When you go to the *Board Index*, and click on *New posts*, Bilge posts do show up there. Perhaps that is where the surgery is needed? I don't mind it as it is now, but I will not mind it changed either, as long as when actually in the Bilge, one can click on a *New posts* option, to see what is new in the Bilge without having to hunt through the whole thing. :)
Thats weird. They show up on mine, always have. :doh:
Gary
GF-16 Completed