Jeff, I did some proof reading

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Blank
Last edited by TomW1 on Mon May 27, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Jeff I have a problem with the nomenclature and listing of the 21' boats in the new Bateau .com on line catalog. It lists Power boats as 17' to 21'. Then the next category lists Boats above 21 Feet. This is the first time I have had to look at the new web pages and I must say until I got to here I was impressed. All of your 21' boats are in the Above 21 feet section. I would prefer that they be changed down to the 21' section so C19-C21, P19-P21-OP21, the ST21 put back where Jacques designed it for, the same with the GP21's.

The only other option I see is change the 21' to 20' both places. That would let it read Power Boats 17' - 20' and Power Boats Above 20'

I hope this makes sense and will not cause a problem but went looking for the specs on a 21" boat and ended up using the search function before finding it in the above 21' boats instead of in the 17" to 21"

Tom

Hate to be the bearer of more bad news but since I'm on vacation am playing with the new web site. Clicked on the Kiwi Grip paint and it took me to a page with all sorts of items on it for sale. Books, plywood, divinycell, deck hardware, fiberglass sleeves, boat plans and more , but no Kiwi Grip. :lol:

Tom

Another point is the Resin Calculator. You already give the amount of fiberglass and resin to buy in the plans or supply it in the kits. Why confuse people with this. Some builders will understand it but not all are mathematically inclined. If you want to do something I would do a table with yards of fabric and feet for tape.

Tom

Jeff believe there is a typo on the last line of the Buoyancy Foam. You need to subtract 16lbs not 2lbs to get 480lbs of buoyancy. 8x62-16=

Tom

Jeff, have a nice Memorial Day remembrance, Hopefully you did not lose any relatives or friends in the recent wars. I unfortunately found more errors under How To's and Tutorials Optional Gunwale for OD's does not load pdf page, same with Building the Phahntoms, and FS12 "Bpat in a Box". Rebuilding the Seacraft 23 and Repairing using epoxy and gelcoat. The Epoxy Resin Calculator and Epoxy Resin Cure Times, Resin Testing. Under Sail Boat, Building the Optimist club racer in a basket Next is under Finishing', both Mixing QuickFair and System 3 Paint and finally Lega-Stuff do not take you to a pdf pagea

I hope you didn't mind my doing some proof reading. I had the time and wanted to see what the new Bateau.com looked like. All in all an outstanding job. :D :D :D

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978