CLOSED -- Pending phpBB maintenance Oct 11, 2020 - 6a to 10a GMT-4 (Eastern)

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

CLOSED -- Pending phpBB maintenance Oct 11, 2020 - 6a to 10a GMT-4 (Eastern)

Post by Jaysen »

In preparation for a phpBB forum upgrade, the forums will be in maintenance mode starting at 6a GMT-4 (Eastern) on Sunday, Oct 11, 2020. I expect the forums to be online by 10a that same day (4hr). Once we have the basic maintenance completed we will schedule more time for the needed upgrades.

Durning the maintenance window, you may be unable to login, view, or post to the forum. There will be times where you will get a message indicating that the forum is off line for maintenance.

Thank you for your understanding. Jeff and the Boat Builder Central team are eager to extend the forum experience.

If you have question please post them here.
Last edited by Jaysen on Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Pending phpBB maintenance Oct 11, 2020 - 6a to 10a GMT-4 (Eastern)

Post by BB Sig »

Nice! Looking forward to the upgrade! I trust you have a backup of the current forum... :lol:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Backups will be done. This Sunday’s activity is about timing and establishing a test site to validate the db update.

Risk avoidance is part of my DNA when bait sailing.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

I knew you had a plan. What version are we going to and will it work with Taptalk?

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Step one is 3.3. TapaTalk is an option but I need to address other issues before those extensions. EX moving to a better (faster), more cost effective and less likely to explode system for attachments.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Jaysen wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:21 pm moving to a better (faster), more cost effective and less likely to explode system for attachments.
That's a priority to us all! :lol:

:D Thanks for tackling this!!! :D

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Yes, Jaysen is doing a great job with the Forum!! I will send a reminder out again by Thursday to plan for the down time. Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Quick reminder on the upcoming maintenance we are planning on the BBC forum and servers.

Just a quick update on the planned activities:
  • Jeff has invested in some offsite backup. Regretfully it is very CPU intense the first time it is run. This may have an impact on the forum this weekend (someone may have run a test backup today :$)
  • Thank to the first item in this list, after Saturday we will be in a better position to "not worry" about how we upload files.
  • Jeff's team has identified a number of "unneeded" sites that we will be removing. That will reduce the load across the systems on the server and hopefully reduce the occasional errors we see when accessing the forum
Let me know if there are any questions.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

All, Just a reminder!! Review Jaysen's last post as Sunday is only a short time away!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Work is underway. If will make every effort to leave the site up and running. So far so good. If you have issues accessing the forum, please don't bother Jeff until after 10a.

Thanks.