CLOSED -- Pending phpBB maintenance Oct 11, 2020 - 6a to 10a GMT-4 (Eastern)

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Pending phpBB maintenance Oct 11, 2020 - 6a to 10a GMT-4 (Eastern)

Post by Jaysen »

Things are going well. ALL BBC databases (for forum and all sites) have been backed up. We are now working on full file systems. This is the "big dog". This is where we make sure all the uploaded images, files, plans, everything, is stored off site and securely. This will protect BBC and our builders from data loss as we plan the next set of software and server upgrades.

As you can tell, we have worked with the hosting provider, the offsite storage provider and BBC team to balance the need for system maintenance with site availability. I can not promise that we will have as little impact in the future, but as of today, we can run full system backups with no impact to site usability.

I'm looking forward to working with Jeff and the BBC team to bring more system level stability and improvements to our community.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

All, I am back home!!! Huge thank you to Jaysen as he has made some extremely positive changes to our Builders Forum. He is still working on it, so let’s all give him a Big Thank you for his support!!!! Jeff

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Thanks to Jeff for hosting the forum and Jaysen and all those involved. The forum is a fun place to talk boats.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Thanks Jeff!

The maintenance is officially closed!

All, we have officially verified all forum data and files are backed up! We are still baking up some of the BBC auxiliary sites, but there should be no impact to us on the forums or ordering product from Jeff.

Next up on the list:
1. make backups operational (auto scheduled): should be by end of the week; no impact
2. phpBB upgrade: no timing on that yet; will require 2hr of down time
3. server OS upgrade: no timing or certain direction; should be very short downtime but unknown at this time

If you all have specific things please PM me. I know TapaTalk is on a few people's list of forum adds. I'm looking into it.

Y'all have a great week!
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Way to go! Thanks for saving and modernizing the forum! Just planning for it takes a Lil Bit... :lol: