Changes to BBC domains: bateau.com links

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Changes to BBC domains: bateau.com links

Post by Jaysen »

Friday morning (8am) we will be deprecating the bateau.com domain. This involves setting bateau.com and www.bateau.com to be served by boatbuildercentral.com. I believe we have covered interception of linked URL in the following manner:
1. Bateau.com links to study plans will go directly to the correct study plan on boat builder central.
2. Bateau.com links to products (proddetail.pho) link to search results on boat builder central.

If you have time, please check any bookmarks or links you may have into beteau.com and let me know if they result in an improper result. I know there will be a few, but we expect most to be addressed already.

Thank you for your help.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Changes to BBC domains: bateau.com links

Post by Jeff »

Thank you Jaysen!!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I have made the changes and verified the system is forwarding and responding as expect. As with any change there are likely things I missed. Please take a few minutes and verify everything you can for BBC websites. If we see any "page not found" type messages let me know on this thread and I will look at them.

For the record, I still can not recover deleted photos or thread posts. Trust me, I looked.

Thank you all.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

On the TW28 study plans page the "Click here for big picture" link takes you to a dead page instead of a large version of that photo:
https://boatbuildercentral.com/images/b ... 28_big.jpg
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

gstanfield wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:23 am On the TW28 study plans page the "Click here for big picture" link takes you to a dead page instead of a large version of that photo:
https://boatbuildercentral.com/images/b ... 28_big.jpg
That is a content error in the PDF. Let me see what I can do for a quick fix...

Please check this again. Should be addressed.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I found a missing image directory and have added it to the site. If you were seeing broken images, please check again.

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

Jaysen wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:02 am I found a missing image directory and have added it to the site. If you were seeing broken images, please check again.
It's working fine now, good job!

It's currently -1F outside and I'm bored so I'm sure I'll spend a large chunk of my day browsing boat plans and such. If I run into anything odd I'll let you know, but so far everything has worked flawlessly except that one picture link.
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Under SK17 build threads there are three links but none of them work- 404 Not Found.

app.php/build-threads?sid=b5011ab2aabf3 ... b2d3852c9e

Overall I really like the new forum, thank you Jaysen for all your hard work.
Hank

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Dang it! I knew there was a config defect that was missed. It is the same problems that gstanfield found with images. But I did not follow my post it and check the old forum config (missing trailing / on the domain redirect). I've put the fix in place. Give it about 30min and try again (should only be 5, but it appears to take longer to cascade if you aren't cheating like me).

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

When I tried to reply to a post in the Cracker Larry section my previous reply keep popping up. That is a new one on me :doh: