Changes to BBC domains: bateau.com links

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Changes to BBC domains: bateau.com links

Post by Jaysen »

Do you mean that the last post you made in the forum pre-populated the submit form?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Jaysen wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:11 pm Dang it! I knew there was a config defect that was missed. It is the same problems that gstanfield found with images. But I did not follow my post it and check the old forum config (missing trailing / on the domain redirect). I've put the fix in place. Give it about 30min and try again (should only be 5, but it appears to take longer to cascade if you aren't cheating like me).
Maybe it's an unrelated problem, but at least for me the SK17 links to build threads & pictures still don't work. The links for other designs do work, at least all the other ones I tried. :doh:
Hank

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Clear browser cache?

It seems that the 404 is being cached by some browsers (seems chrome is particularly bad for me). The page is setting no cache header so it shouldn’t be getting cached. But it is.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Jaysen wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:27 am Do you mean that the last post you made in the forum pre-populated the submit form?
I had replied to some other threads before I got to the Cracker thread. When I went to reply there my last reply from that thread kept popping up. No big deal but I am sure it tells you something.
I just went back there and it all worked correctly so maybe it is fixed.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Jaysen wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:11 pm Dang it! I knew there was a config defect that was missed. It is the same problems that gstanfield found with images. But I did not follow my post it and check the old forum config (missing trailing / on the domain redirect). I've put the fix in place. Give it about 30min and try again (should only be 5, but it appears to take longer to cascade if you aren't cheating like me).
Maybe it's an unrelated problem, but at least for me the SK17 links to build threads & pictures still don't work. The links for other designs do work, at least all the other ones I tried. :doh:

Two things: first, I tried clearing the cache but no go, but when I went to use Firefox instead of Opera it did work, so maybe it's a browser issue.
Secondly, I hit "reply", not "quote" when I went to write this, and I got the quoted messages above. Actually, only your reply is in quotes, my response which should be in quotes is not. Overall things are working great, though!
Hank

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

The quote issue is a know phpBB problem. That is due to “quoting quotes” creates a href loop. Not sure when a fix might be provided.

The Firefox vs Opera difference is likely due to a cache somewhere. It might be on the server in the session cache files. I’ll dump them 3ish. I see other reports of this for some boards that upgraded but not all. Not sure of it is a plug-in or a theme issue. Hopefully dumping server side caches will get it.

Fuzz, all the above is likely hitting you too. According to the Mrs it breaks down to “blah blah blah internet blah blah blah stupid”. Not sure that helps you but that’s her take.